A Shattered Mirror

A Shattered Mirror

A Poem by Scarlett Dale

I look into the mirror and I see what I’ve always seen; the face you’ve always known, so tell me, what makes me so different to you now? Was it something I said? Something I did? Please tell me; what have I done to make us fall so far apart. The ground between us just keeps falling away and I feel so lost. Explain this feeling I feel in my heart; what do I need to do in order to fix this; fix us. You are my world, my everything; what will I have, if we continue on like we are. Don’t crash and burn, fix this; fix us.

The glass is shattered at my feet, the face I used to see, shattered along with it in a million little pieces. The glimmer of a tear stains everything it touches; why is this so hard for you to see? Don’t you see the glass you walk on? How it causes the bleeding and the pain? Are you so numb that you don’t feel it; feel the pain.  Fix this; fix us. Please don’t turn your back on this; this mess. Look into the mirror, the shattered mirror and see - us.

© 2010 Scarlett Dale


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on April 8, 2010
Last Updated on April 8, 2010

Author

Scarlett Dale
Scarlett Dale

About
I'm what you call a strange person. I love to write and when I do I feel as if it's coming straight from my heart onto the paper. Especially with my poetry. I was never one for poetry (writing it anyw.. more..

Writing
Ashes Ashes

A Poem by Scarlett Dale