Green, In Fact

Green, In Fact

A Poem by scarlynn
"

image does not belong to me

"
I think it's nothing but fun. 

I'm waiting for someone else to tell me to "cut it out". 
I know exactly how many fine lines there are, here- and somehow they only amplify what I already dream. 
It's sickening: how you can only find this out after a certain point, and how you are forced to adapt to what you think is happening within you and without everyone who isn't you.
As well as within everyone else, and without knowing yourself.
I know it when I see them in my dreams, man. It's not subtle. I say that so often because I am quite frankly incredulous at the fact that one one else is. It makes me frustrated on a level that isn't entirely human.
Cue. 

You can hear it in their voices- people I mean. You can hear them trimming the details from thoughts and wondering why they need to do it. It's like meditating and reaching the place of enlightenment where: a spirit may chose to go to the underworld or to heaven with god- and they choose the underworld because-


She and I went to a haunted house "afterthought" event in early November that year. It was a nationally-recognized haunted house. After Halloween, the creators would remove the props and stages from the building, and put on a show for the curious and daring souls of the sub-atmospheric playground we call home.
The deal was: you'd pay so much money for a ticket to a haunted house with no props, in total darkness, with only a glowstick to hold onto. The objective was to make it through the dark maze using a glow-stick. (My head falls to the side when I recount this now, but: the actors were allowed to take your light source away from you.)
My twin flame and I blew through it like no one on this common earth. 
Oh, and yes! The initial fear! The door, wide open, held only darkness. Jumping up and down, we scrambled to collect ourselves to "live on the edge" as much as we could at that age. I must laugh. 
And cry.
We tore through it. Tell me- who else could have helped me conquer my fear of darkness, and adore it so deeply that I became it, so to vanquish it. I could stare it down to visible atomic vapor, tearing an earthquake behind another pair of eyes, reckoning a curse that would forever tarnish those completely oblivious to the reality of a girl with "Super 8" vision. 
If you really wanted to know why I'm "staring" at you "that way", now you know and, God, Bless The Angel her divine self!
We figured our way through the maze within half an hour, met strangers, ripped vocals through the thick air, wore glow in the dark paint, left our names in lyrical screams and broken laughter (always growing inward, time can't stop an echo).
We got to the end, open the doors to fresh, impaling moonlight, looked at one another, giggled, and turned back around. 

We stayed in that gutless haunted house for two additional hours and not just because we had conquered it, no- 
we stayed because our imaginations needed to. We had each been there infinite times before, in our own rites- and we united to do some kind of astral work. To dominate and vanquish an atmosphere using the things we knew without needing to talk. We were sisters. We had been through this type of thing before. 
We knew, and I won't write explicitly- we knew exactly what to expect, though neither of us could see. That has never gone away and it will never change. I know this and I think about it around the corner of every day. 

It's been a few years, and we both look a lot different, but I know you've reached a new vibration now and I know it's pretty freeing. I've been there before too. 
I am blessed to know you're safe again. 
Things are going to be quite alright.

© 2020 scarlynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on July 19, 2020
Last Updated on July 19, 2020

Author

scarlynn
scarlynn

Canada



About
insufferable more..

Writing
Pretzel Pretzel

A Poem by scarlynn