An Unusual Rivalry

An Unusual Rivalry

A Story by Mitali Shah
"

A small message for my competitors.

"

I am not here to compete with any of my competitors, but I am here to compete with myself. Compete, compare and to evaluate myself in the current scenario with my past when I started off being a complete zero or may be just a beginner. You may be wondering I am not competing with other competitors here when I have a better chance to achieve my reason of participating amongst the crowd? My only simple reason and logic is that " Yes I have a better chance to knock them down with all my aspiring deeds and efforts. But how can I forget that though they are my competitors, today they are in this race with me because they too have conceived all those qualities in themselves. I may easily pull them down here but I can never pull them out from their spirit, skills, talents, years of perseverance and all the pursuits that landed them here today and made them this capable to reach here. It’s like comparing two tycoons who have made their mark and imprinted their names in their respective industries winning uncountable number of hearts. We simply can’t compare their success with each other. Today, whatever they do and they have reached its due to their hard work and par excellence that made them win the race and prove themselves being the best examples of inspirational icons to the youth and to the upcoming generation. 

© 2015 Mitali Shah


Author's Note

Mitali Shah
Have tried to add some mystic message showing you sides of a coin. Please feel free to share your opinions. Would be glad to get your reviews on what have you learned or can learn from this piece. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rm
Great piece! I think we should challenge ourselves each day

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mitali Shah

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Rocky
Rm

8 Years Ago

Your welcome sweetie
I agree. In writing. Room for a billion writers. If you write for competition. You won't learn the pleasure of words and friendship. We need to network our work and learn from each other. I enjoyed your thoughts and I second the motion.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mitali Shah

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Coyote :)
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
is this not the american dream,we need not compete but strive to be great

Posted 8 Years Ago


I agree with u....I will quote Bill Gates - 'Don't compare yourself with anyone in this world...if you do so, you are insulting yourself.'
Nice poem, left a nice impression....

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mitali Shah

8 Years Ago

thank you so much Rajat. I am glad you caught me right I have tried to put up my thoughts with Bill .. read more
Rajat malik

8 Years Ago

Rightly so.....I love them both especially Steve jobs
I agree with your write 100% I don't see it as we are competing against each other but for me it's how can I get better and grow as a writer. How can I maintain my creativity and my style while sharing and reviewing many writes each day. There are always going to be better writers but the challenge is making myself the best I can be... the same thought process you have :) I like it :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mitali Shah

8 Years Ago

Thank you Aaron. We all should trust and believe ourselves. Nothing is impossible. The word itself s.. read more
Well penned!
I just love the fact that you only compete with yourself
I find that very intelligent, life isn't a competition, I believe
it's a test and our only competition should be with ourselves
trying to better ourselves daily:) Thanks for sharing and b-blessed!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mitali Shah

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much James. I agree with your words as life is your own test to come out with flying co.. read more
I have said this once before, and I will say it again, your writing is meaningful and intelligent. Keep it up!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mitali Shah

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Pratik for appreciating :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 3, 2015
Last Updated on June 3, 2015
Tags: Competition, Competitors, Participation, Aspirations

Author

Mitali Shah
Mitali Shah

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
Love to write. After crawling, its now the time for me to learn walking in the world of content writing. Exploring myself in this journey that would enhance my writing skills and would indeed learn a.. more..

Writing
Love Fable Love Fable

A Story by Mitali Shah



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sideway Smile Sideway Smile

A Poem by Robert


Mirror Mirror

A Poem by Robert