Jesus Held Me Tonight

Jesus Held Me Tonight

A Story by Mariah
"

A girl wanders off from her village, and explains how she feels as the she's dying in a snow storm, until Jesus saves her.

"


The morning sun arose and beams of glistening gold stroked the side of my body as I ventured out into the crispy air. For hours, I stumbled through the heavily weighted snow and happily shivered every time a soft snowflake drifted down upon me. I spun around, dancing through the banks of glitter. I blew the freshly fallen flakes out of my hands and kissed the blazing cold air. I spent the time smiling and laughing, unaware of the changing sky above. What once were clear blue skies was now cloaked by leathered clouds, yelling out, “danger.” The snow started swirling off the ground and the sky dimmed. That’s when I realized I had wandered too far. I scanned the area, I saw nothing but snow covered land for miles around, not a soul in sight. I felt panic spike my heart and a chill speed down my spine. I listened but all I heard was the agonizing silence and the whistle of the wind. A large gust blew me down, and covered me in layers of snow. There I was concealed for only a few seconds, until adrenalin went to work. With my heart racing, I dug my way out with frostbitten hands. I was finally able to peek my head above the snow, but my jaw dropped as I looked around and was unable to see anything, for the snow was now blinding the whole sky, twirling in patterns of hell. Within seconds I felt tears running down my cheeks. Quietly I stay there, letting myself go as I tumbled around like a weed in the desert. I licked my tender lips as the whining streaks of wind whipped past my face. While, I sat patiently upon the frost-covered ground, the temperature ran cold. I could feel the blood slowly freezing in my veins as I clenched my hands tighter and pulled my weak legs to my chest for warmth. The night sky became visible, as I was still holding onto life with subtle breathes and the bit of hope, I only wish I had. With the last of my strength I gave up. I couldn’t stay awake long enough to be saved. I closed one eye and then thee other. I locked my arms and legs. I rested my head backwards in the snow, while I waited for my body to go numb. As I felt the cold take over me a sudden brightness covered my eyes and a warm touch slipped under my neck, pulling me upwards and farther into the light. I flashed open my eyes, and peered to my side. I was completely covered in snow and felt sharp pains pulsing at my arms and legs. I felt frozen tears on my face. With whatever I had left in that moment, I turned my head and there was my rescuer. I haven't a clue how I was able to survive and bear the cold that ate me alive but, I do know that Jesus was the warmth that held me tonight. 


© 2014 Mariah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A beautiful story...inspiring...with the miracles of life in faith.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is one of the best I have read so far.....Bravo......Whisk

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 6, 2012
Last Updated on March 7, 2014

Author

Mariah
Mariah

MN



About
1997 pisces artist I'm passionate about writing. I put my whole self into what I write. My writing is me. Enjoy my pieces and leave comments, friend me or mail me with anything and everything. .. more..

Writing
Fear Fear

A Poem by Mariah