From The Inside Thinking Out

From The Inside Thinking Out

A Poem by Dunlack

Witnessing beautiful waters reflecting upon open skies...Reveals hope. This is the worlds way of declaring to me that it has not been completely consumed nor contaminated. It allows the chilling glass of denial to slide down the throat oh so smooth, while keeping you blind to the fact that everyone falls short of filling their bucket list...If I have just "Jay" walked across your brain so suddenly, arrest me now!! Face it...Hope is not yet lost; yet the truth is diluted...Causing our mindless actions to speak weakly in front of a flaunting jury full of fakes and phonies. Those same fakes and phonies have our cerebra bathing in doomed waters, resulting in "we" the people to dig into our pockets until they are suffering from cotton mouth. Listing fact after fact abruptly turns those beautiful skies jet black, while raging the waters beyond belief. Purity has all developed into Satan's outdoor community gathering, in which he eat's while randomly choosing individuals to be mentally hanged for his diner's entertainment...Question is...How many of us have brought our baskets. "Ninety-five percent" of humanity needs to put their hands up high to that rhetorical examination, while the other "five percent" stay clear of the table...Please believe this knife cuts deep...Therefore next time I speak of wanting to stand at the edge of a cliff "heels first", before plunging into the salty sea...do not refer to me as the "John Jacob Astor" of the 21st century.

© 2011 Dunlack


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a piece that reflects deeply on the unconscious realities of society.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Added on August 20, 2011
Last Updated on August 20, 2011

Author

Dunlack
Dunlack

Chicago, IL



About
I'm a young writer from the city of Charlotte, NC with the ambitions of being known world wide for my work. I'm a Graduate of Gardner-Webb University, and will be furthering my education at DePaul Uni.. more..

Writing
New Amsterdam New Amsterdam

A Story by Dunlack