Tune In

Tune In

A Story by Dunlack
"

Keep your mind open and your eyes closed.

"

Let's rewind the hands of time. To a time when we as people were on the outside looking in. We thought nothing of the process. The instructions were simple. Just walk into the den and turn it on.

 

It tickles my intellect; every time I approach the realization that television was at an all time high when it projected a black and white picture. Oh how the two colors got along so well. Entertaining us all with charm and harmony "the typical American contradiction". Lets face it; America fed "us" something we were not yet ready for. Teasing both the black and white race. Who are we to assume Emit Till, a resident of an infested African American community, did not imitate something he saw on television before approaching that Caucasian woman?

 

Ignorant to the fact that society was nothing like an episode of "I Love Lucy". Then again the opposer could advocate the fact that Till was an arrogant b*****d that needed to be put in his place. Not to mention many sitcoms in that era kicked off their shows with a friendly whistle. The bottom line is that love was few and far between when pigmentation differed...

 

I have a Dream…four words that will never die. I catch myself continuously wondering how much did the unity of black and white television play in Dr. King’s slumber. Fueling that man to make it more than just a pillow session. Unfortunately 4/4/68 came to pay King a visit. I bet the gun was black. So technically we cannot solely accuse the white man of pulling the trigger. Just as he pulled the trigger, we pulled the knob to tune in. Failing to notice how dirty the projection really was…

 

Killing us all with kindness. Trading slick hair and a smile for hot churches filled with weeping Johnny and Maryann. Leaving the thought of when will justice be served. It is extremely complicated to put an end to something that the human mind cannot quite understand…nearsighted to the fact that we are being auctioned off to the highest bidder "not television". Who is the highest bidder? I will leave that answer unknown. Just understand I have my right to see red, white, and blue as nothing more than a color...nothing less than deadly.

© 2012 Dunlack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Agree with Neva. You prove 2-2-2-2-10-10 is the ratio that should define us.

Posted 12 Years Ago


beyond powerful Sir E.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

557 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2011
Last Updated on November 7, 2012

Author

Dunlack
Dunlack

Chicago, IL



About
I'm a young writer from the city of Charlotte, NC with the ambitions of being known world wide for my work. I'm a Graduate of Gardner-Webb University, and will be furthering my education at DePaul Uni.. more..

Writing
New Amsterdam New Amsterdam

A Story by Dunlack