Cheekbones

Cheekbones

A Chapter by mohegansun

Chapter 1

"Madeline Elton," my mother's voice boomed as I heard her heavy footsteps coming up the stairs.

"I'm awake!" I yelled out. I sat up from my bed and sighed, rubbing my eyes. 

"You have a visitor so get your a*s ready," she said. I rolled my eyes. Ever since my father died, my mom's attitude completely changed. She became rude and I always had to bed her to cook. She always just sits in front of the TV or is out hanging out with her ugly boyfriend, David.

I ripped my covers off and sat up straight. Curse whoever was visiting me while I was getting peaceful sleep from being on my phone all night. Nobody even talks to me. I pulled the curtains apart and let the bright sun seep in my room. It was still warm weather and I just couldn't wait for Fall. Summer was not for me.

I pulled my long, light blonde hair into a ponytail and sat on the chair in front of my mirror.

"Fudge," I said out loud and forgot that I could not add makeup on now since I hadn't showered yet. I angrily looked through my cabinets and threw a shirt and pair of shorts on my bed not caring where it landed. 

"Hurry the hell up!" I heard my mom say downstairs. She was really irritating me, so I grabbed my towel and threw it over my shoulder singing a Paramore song. 

_____________________________

I sat in the chair in front of my mirror and looked at myself. My face got closer as I observed my greenish hazel eyes. People have told me that it's the only thing that stuck out from my face. Made me look bad-a*s, you know?

 Letting my hair out, I pulled some to the front. My hair was pretty light. My friends say my hair is "white" but its not. They say that I look like a model because my face was always serious and my cheekbones were deep. 

I applied some lipstick and looked in the mirror one more time. I ran my fingers on my eyebrows then got up, knowing my mom would yell at me again.

I walked down the stairs and walked into the kitchen. It was no surprise that there wasn't any breakfast.

"Madel-" my mom's voice stopped when she walked in the kitchen. She looked at me from head to toe and then walked away. I flicked her off and grabbed a poptart from the cabinet, and then walked into the living room.

"Who are you?' I asked when I saw a boy with black hair sitting on the couch, looking through his phone. He quickly looked up and smiled at me.

"Hey my name's Jayson," he said. I smiled back at him. Who in the world is this boy? 

"Hello Jayson. Who are you again?" I asked taking a bite of my poptart. He put his phone back in his jean pocket and got up, walking towards me. I took a step back and I was mistaken. He shook his hand out for me to shake it.

I looked at his hand then at him. Jayson pulled back and rubbed his neck, embarrased. 

"I'm your neighbor and I'm pretty sure we're going to school together next week," he said. I sat down on the couch and took another bite of my poptart.

"How is the school?' I asked still looking at the boy skeptically.

"Eh, it's okay. The lunch sucks. Good thing we have fast foods nearby. Uhh, it starts at 7:35. First class starts at 7:45. The school is really big. A lot of cliques," he said. I nodded and bit my inner lip sinking everything in. I knew I was going to be the biggest loner.

"Cute boys?" I said. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"How would I know? I'm a boy," he said. I laughed and he didn't. It got awkward really fast.

"Are you the only child?" I asked him.

"Yeah," he said.

"Same here," I said "sorry about my mother. She's embarrassing and annoying." He smiled and I noticed his dimple. He pulled his phone out again.

"I have to go. I told my mate that I would be back in 20 minutes," he saying getting up. I was really confused. I clearly didn't live in Australia and I knew that mate meant a friend, right? But why in New England.

"What is a mate?" I asked him. His mouth opened to say something but then he closed it.

"I just use it as another word for girlfriend. My soul mate," he nervously laughed.

"Oh. Well, I'll see you around," I said following him to the door. He opened it and gave me one last look before walking out to the house next to me. I closed the door and ran to the curtains, pulling the shades down and peeking out at the houses nearby.

I turned around and almost yelled as my mother's figure was standing in front of me. She passed me a poptart and I found her nice gesture weird. I walked upstairs and threw myself on my bed.

What the hell did Jayson really mean by mate?

__________________________

Comment below and vote! Thanks.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share. ~

 



© 2014 mohegansun


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on June 12, 2014
Last Updated on June 12, 2014


Author

mohegansun
mohegansun

Cranston, RI



About
Hello. My name is Natasha and I am 15 years old. I currently have a few of my books on 3 websites. Wattpad, Quotev and Movellas. My most popular book on Wattpad has 413K reads with 110 pages + 61 .. more..

Writing