dark,very dark

dark,very dark

A Story by Moiz

“Dark, very dark” this is what he answered, an enthusiastic fellow lover,when I asked him about the feelings of his heart .He was in love . He talked strange and confusing. I love talking him thou I never understood what he said

Looking at the sign of confusion on my innocent, adolescent countenance, he tried to explain it for himself.


“Have you ever felt darkness?”Asked he


“Haan”


“How does it feel?”


“It’s dark and aa… very dark, you feel things that are not actually there ,aa.. you ..you hear murmuring ,groaning and many strange voices while there is no such thing” I let my ideas flow and tried to explain in a way only a boy ,innocent soul ! Could.


“And then?”


And then, you are desperate ,but hope never lets you down, you take a step forward, with caution ,to find a light, darkness is black, its rude, light is not .darkness is fear, darkness is full of doubt. Darkness is evil, it’s bad and.. and its .its black”


My vocabulary just let me down other wise I had lot to say in my mind.


Hearing this, he smiled. His smile was very different and difficult. It seemed his smile found its way through hundred door s. Doors of despair that led to no where except another closed door .


“Yes, yes my boy, you got it right. The darkness of your world is quite similar to the darkness of the world within me. Its dark, very dark indeed. You hear voices, you hear cries, you are full of doubt, you are full of despair. And yes you feel what’s not there. Yes, darkness within me is black, its rude and keeps me down all the time.”


I stood quite.


“Oh yes you forgot to mention something. Darkness is an empty vacuum within, its empty and every thing that touches it is lost. I am lost, my feelings lost. I am empty within. It’s dark, very dark indeed.”

 He finished and by this a tear sprang from the further end of his eye. It came to life and ran out as if the tear was also afraid of the darkness within.


I did not feel like and tried to end the conversation did not know what to say.


I said, “My friend darkness fears light. The light of sun clears it all. When its sun around, darkness cant survive”


“Yes “cried he” this is the difference between the darkness of yours and mine. Your world has a sun.it rises every morning and fears out the darkness”


He kept quite for a while and burst again


“But the darkness within me is very dark. Even the sun fears to shine there. Alas! There is no sun in my world and I am left alone to survive the lost dark dark world"


“Dark ,very dark”

© 2016 Moiz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on April 12, 2016
Last Updated on April 12, 2016
Tags: darkness

Author

 Moiz
Moiz

Pakistan



Writing
exams exams

A Poem by Moiz