BIG GAME, ANOTHER GAME

BIG GAME, ANOTHER GAME

A Story by Moiz
"

Beware of the chappal thief

"

“Was it something special?” Yes it was Eid. But no there was something else too.

 

With a swift jump he left his bed; without rubbing his eyes or even reciting kalma, as he always does, he left his room , tiptoed his parents room and finally he reached the changing room.

 

 In  hurry he even forgot to turn the lights on. And when he opened the daraz, he realized it was too dark. In sheer darkness he found his way to the button, turned it on; and the first thing his eyes searched for , was a pair of pin-pack, brand-new sandals that he had bough for Eid.

 

Thanks god they were there!

 

Moiz  belonged to a lower class family. His father, Kamal, had to work day long to feed their family and Mrs. Kamal sew clothes to earn a livelihood.

 

Moiz was a boy of 11,and an obedient son. A pair of blue jeans, that once belonged to his elder brother; a red checked shirt and a grey t-shirt was all he had but he always thanked Allah and never complained a word to his parents.

 

Moiz had not worn slippers under his feet for the last 3 years but he never said a word of complain.

 

His father occasionally asked if he wanted to buy new sandals but moiz was well aware of his family’s condition and he always said “better next eid”

 

But this year he felt like having one so when his father asked if he wanted to buy sandals, Moiz lowered his sight and remained quite.

Yes , indeed!

 

So today was the day finally he would not feel the hardness of earth against his feet, when he would not have to watch out for every pebble in his way , rather crush ‘em up cause today after 3 years he was to wear a pair of slippers.

 

In a couple of minutes every one in his family was up. Moiz heated water , took bath , combed his hair,wore new shoes and waited for his pa, Mr. Kamal .

 

“Allah hafiz” said his pa and off  they went to pray. In order to keep his sandals off peoples eye he hid them behind the door. “Allah hu akbar” said the imam and they started to pray.

                       ….......................................................................................

 

 

An evil countenance, ragged clothes, scattered hairs and a smelly body. Worst of the man entered the mosques gate.

It seemed he was not aware of the eid, but no ,he was. That’s why he was happy for today it was going to be “a big game;another game”

 

This chappal thief gazed at every slipper on his way but no he was not going to pick any of them because he knew where his game was. Behind the doors!, the place where new sandals were kept.

 

He slide the door and there they were. ”pin-pack, brand-new slippers”

 

He looted them at once and left the mosque.

                                  ……………………………………….

 

“Oh God “ cried moiz

 his life , his dream his slippers were gone. What was he gonna do. He really wanted them.

Just because he did not  complain did  not mean he did not want them. He really wanted them , they were his need.

 

These sandles were his life,

 

But for him, the thief, they were only “a big game, another game”

© 2016 Moiz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on April 13, 2016
Last Updated on April 13, 2016
Tags: robery

Author

 Moiz
Moiz

Pakistan



Writing
exams exams

A Poem by Moiz