The View From Mike's Face; Mar. 28

The View From Mike's Face; Mar. 28

A Story by Michael Stevens
"

Just my opinion

"


 

 

     If you already think my ranting against the cable news media is sickening, better have an upchuck bag handy, or stop reading and do something else; that's what I thought; the bag it is! Today's rant concerns the plane crash in the French Alps, and the media's seeming glee at reporting over and over that the flight voice recorder picked up the fact you could hear the passengers screaming. Have they no shame, no empathy for the victims families? Leave it to them to hone in on the most disturbing (not to mention, personal,) aspect of the tragedy. 



     I mean, anyone with half a brain (roughly 1/3 more than the reporters seem to have! I tried to warn you; cheap shots ahead, but would you listen?) can reason out that occurrence on their own. But the media has to report the obvious. Like I've said before, they must think the average cable news' viewer has roughly the I.Q. of your average houseplant. And you know what? They may be correct; how else do you explain erosion of real news, or the tabloid-like B.S. we're now subjected to? And, it's only going to get worse, as more and more viewers aren't old enough to remember people like Walter Cronkite and his ilk. Just imagine him reporting the s**t they do now; you can't!

© 2015 Michael Stevens


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The media has three things in mind: Get an audience. Build an audience. Keep an audience. It will do anything for that goal. Which is why we have reality shows...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Michael Stevens

9 Years Ago

Yeah, I defy you to tell the difference between a reality show and cable news!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
1 Review
Added on March 28, 2015
Last Updated on March 28, 2015
Tags: Opinion

Author

Michael Stevens
Michael Stevens

About
I write for fun; I write comedy pieces and some dramatic stuff. I have no formal writing education, and I have a fear of being told I suck, and maybe I should give up on writing, and get a job makin.. more..

Writing