'The Curse of Hercules'--For Real?

'The Curse of Hercules'--For Real?

A Story by Michael Stevens
"

Something's got to explain it!

"
                                                
I used to be the singer in a heavy metal band, called Held Under. I remember joking with Bob Shook, one of our guitarists, and I can't remember what I was joking about, at band practice one night, something about 'The Curse of Hercules'. I was kidding then, but now I'm wondering if it wasn't a real thing? First our Drummer Steve Oliver had a heart attack at practice, and eventually needed a heart transplant, then I had my head bashed in a car accident, was knocked both into next week, and a coma, lost my ability to sound like anything other than a slow-witted megaphone, lost my ability to dance, which as you know is a major part of heavy metal music, okay, maybe not, and lost my ability to walk without difficulty, which is rather important. Then, our bass player, Phil Collier, was walking along a street, tried to cross, and was hit and killed by a car. As a band, you'd have to admit we've had more than our share of bad luck, so maybe 'The Curse of Hercules' is very real? Something was and is cursing us, why not him?

© 2015 Michael Stevens


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on September 24, 2015
Last Updated on September 24, 2015
Tags: Curse, music

Author

Michael Stevens
Michael Stevens

About
I write for fun; I write comedy pieces and some dramatic stuff. I have no formal writing education, and I have a fear of being told I suck, and maybe I should give up on writing, and get a job makin.. more..

Writing