Lame Excuse!

Lame Excuse!

A Story by Michael Stevens
"

Defending the indefensible

"
I've been keeping a disbelieving eye on social media, trying to gauge people's response to criticism for the craziness of our gun laws--Joe Sixpack being able to buy an assault rifle, when the only possible need for one is to wage war. And I've seen the same old lame excuses for why we need right to own one. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people!" Yes they do, but shouldn't we limit how many people can be blown away, before the nut-job can be stopped? "Rocks can kill people too, should we ban rocks too?" Also true, but are you that blind and unfeeling? A, you can't kill several people before somebody caves in your head, and B, you can't buy an automatic rock thrower, and C, it doesn't even correlate. Isn't it just common sense to try to limit the carnage some wack-job can wreak on society? Oh, that's right, I guess since it would just be the first step toward the elimination of all weapons, we shouldn't do a damn thing? NOW I see it, the reason for your attitude! 

© 2016 Michael Stevens


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on June 15, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2016
Tags: Guns

Author

Michael Stevens
Michael Stevens

About
I write for fun; I write comedy pieces and some dramatic stuff. I have no formal writing education, and I have a fear of being told I suck, and maybe I should give up on writing, and get a job makin.. more..

Writing