A Sad Day For Common Sense

A Sad Day For Common Sense

A Story by Michael Stevens
"

What just happened?

"
I was just as stunned as everybody else when the result of the vote in Britain was announced. I thought that common sense would somehow rule the day. They voted fear and anger instead--there's no other way to describe it, and in so doing, elevated Donald Trump's candidacy, a candidacy based on those very same things, to that much closer to The White House, and we're not talking the bus tour. I can only hope that we don't succumb to those vile impulses. I'd like to think we as a nation are above those base emotions, because if it turns out I'm wrong, living in the USA is about to get a whole lot more difficult. This is a man openly endorsed by neo-Nazi hate groups, and who has said that Vladimir Putin is to be admired, because, and I sort-of quote, "He's decisive, and doesn't change his mind about anything." Never mind if that decision is completely the wrong one, damn it, The Vlad has spoken.

 

     And, he's called our president "weak", and Putin "strong." Is that really the type of person you want in charge of our country? And ALL minorities should be scared out of their shorts right about now, and that includes women--with his knuckle-dragging caveman philosophy towards immigrants and the fairer sex, all non-white's had better get used to scaling walls, and the word 'female' will soon be banned from being spoken, and all literature. So, if you want the country to return to the good old days of, say, the 1950, or 1650's, when fear was loud, and women silent, then by all means, vote for The Donald. If, on the other hand, you value progress and reason, vote Hillary. If you can't bring yourself to vote for her, for some reason, cast your vote for one of the lesser-known candidates. Don't just not vote--because not voting is a vote for Trump, and God save us if that happens.

 

© 2016 Michael Stevens


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on June 24, 2016
Last Updated on June 24, 2016
Tags: politics, opinion

Author

Michael Stevens
Michael Stevens

About
I write for fun; I write comedy pieces and some dramatic stuff. I have no formal writing education, and I have a fear of being told I suck, and maybe I should give up on writing, and get a job makin.. more..

Writing