Media Master Of Puppets

Media Master Of Puppets

A Story by Michael Stevens
"

They'rev at it again!

"
I just saw yet-another example of the puppet show the media creates out of damn near nothing. On Meet the Press Daily on MSNBC, Andrea Mitchell, filling in for Chuck Todd, led with this headline, "Talk of revolution is spreading among Trump supporters if he doesn't win!" I figured there was something new that had happened, but no, it was the same piece of video I saw yesterday. Just another occasion where the media seems to be hoping to incite Trump supporters to do something violent if they lose, so they'll have something to cover. If they'd have just played it yesterday, and let it go, it more than likely would have been forgotten, but, oh, no, they have to beat the drum some more, and ratchet up the tension. They did the same thing during the primary, asking a Sanders supporter if she felt Clinton stole the election, trying to influence events and widen the rift between the two camps, just so they'd have some strife to cover, more exciting, you know. 

I don't think younger viewers realize what's going on, and just how shoddy and inflammatory our news has become. I know, I know, I sound like an old man looking out his window in the dark, so he can catch kids cutting across his yard--I guess I am that guy now!  

© 2016 Michael Stevens


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on October 12, 2016
Last Updated on October 12, 2016
Tags: media, politics

Author

Michael Stevens
Michael Stevens

About
I write for fun; I write comedy pieces and some dramatic stuff. I have no formal writing education, and I have a fear of being told I suck, and maybe I should give up on writing, and get a job makin.. more..

Writing