Pigs In Shi--Err--Slop!

Pigs In Shi--Err--Slop!

A Story by Michael Stevens
"

Gag-me news coverage!

"
Sitting here NOT watching television, because the media are worked into a frenzy because President Trump is about to announce his nominee for the supreme court, and he loves it, because it keep the attention where he thinks it should be, on himself, and more importantly, away from his disastrous policy choices, the coverage of which he's purportedly absolutely livid about. CNN have a countdown clock, so you can see how long you'll have to wait. So, I made some microwave popcorn, and sat there watching that damn clock a little after 10 this morning, but by 10.27, I was done, and according to the Dumpwatch clock, there were another 6 1/2 hours to go.

     So, now I faced a dilemma, eat another 13 bags of popcorn, or say screw it, and turn the damn T. V. off. I opted for the latter. The suspense wasn't getting to me! Watching these frenzied reporters acting like this was the most important news story since right before The Civil War broke out. It reminded me of an ant hill that's been kicked, with creatures scurrying about, going nowhere, but making it look damn important, shouting, "This is CNN breaking news. President Trump moved!" All-the-while, Trump was smiling, and thinking of admiring himself in the mirror, to see what everyone else was so fascinated about. He's playing the media like fiddle, and the song it's playing is, 'I'm the Greatest, Just Ask Me!' It's sickening!   

© 2017 Michael Stevens


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on February 1, 2017
Last Updated on February 1, 2017
Tags: media, news coverage

Author

Michael Stevens
Michael Stevens

About
I write for fun; I write comedy pieces and some dramatic stuff. I have no formal writing education, and I have a fear of being told I suck, and maybe I should give up on writing, and get a job makin.. more..

Writing