Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by K. C. Wells

The classroom at Station 29E was crammed with kids projects. On one wall hung a solar system model, another housed a dna model and in a back corner stood a reproduction of a human skeleton. The wall with the whiteboard, or front of the room, was edged with illustrations and sketches of everything from plants to chemical compounds. Dannia had always loved to come early to class just to browse through the clutter that the room had gathered. There was always something new to find in the three generations of work that was crammed into the room. Those moments where she was engulfed in the knowledge around her that was all that existed, knowledge and her. At the back of the room in box behind the skeleton was a book that Dannia held most dear. It was a journal that she had hastily marked the page with a scrap of printer paper she had hidden just for that reason and carefully lowered the book back into it's hiding place. Turning her attention to the skeleton parked in the same corner she pretended to be studying the model instead.

 

"Good morning to you Miss Hart." The cheery voice of Mr. Stallings was unmistakable. Mike Stallings



© 2010 K. C. Wells


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm, okay, okay, im interested, seems to be a casual beginning, light and easy to follow, hope you post more.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 1, 2009
Last Updated on January 22, 2010


Author

K. C. Wells
K. C. Wells

Princeton, NC



About
I am a writer. That is all I know. Why? I wish I knew. I guess there's only one way to find out... Write! more..

Writing
Story One Story One

A Chapter by K. C. Wells


My Story My Story

A Book by K. C. Wells