Love is Short

Love is Short

A Story by Elyona

"Vanessa!" I called out. "Vanessa!" I was searching for my daughter, Vanessa. She's my adopted daughter. Vanessa was 7 years old. I found her homeless in an alley when I passed by the alley so, I took her in. Since I'm not married, she has no father. I'm only ever a high schooler at the age of 16. I walked to the park and saw her. I called out, "Vanessa, Come here now!"

" Mommy! Mommy!" Vanessa called as she ran to hug me. I turned around at the sound of a broken tree branch. I saw Kyle. He looked at me in surprise and dropped his school bag and ran. I looked over at the spot where Kyle left his bag and something caught my eye. I walked over there and picked up his bag. I looked at the doll which caught my eye. I suddenly said, "Oh my goodness. It looks exactly like me."

"Mommy?" Vanessa asked.

"Oh. Let's go home now, Vanessa," I said as I smiled. We walked home afterward.

5 hours later~

" Vanessa, go sleep now okay?" I said.

"Okay, mommy, but never leave me, please, never." Vanessa said.

"I won't leave you." I whispered. Vanessa fell asleep and I looked at the doll again. Kyle, why did he make a doll so much like me? I thought. I blushed at the thought of it. I'm crazy. Raising a child on my own and leaving my family. I sighed and looked at Vanessa. I looked back at Kyle's bag. Oh my I thought. I took out his homework and completed it. I looked at Vanessa again and quickly finished my own homework. I put everything away and looked at Vanessa. I slept quickly after I turned off the lights.

Next Day~

"Mommy, wake up..." Vanessa said as she woke me up.

"Hmm? Oh... I need to make breakfast. Thank you for waking me up, Vanessa." I said as I stood up to make breakfast. I went to change my clothes while Vanessa was eating. I ate quickly and finished eating. As Vanessa was done, I washed the dishes and said, "Vanessa, get my things and yours . Then go put on your shoes."

"Okay, mom!" Vanessa called as she grabbed my things and hers. I went to get Kyle's bag and picked up the doll. I sighed and placed the doll inside his bag. I walked Vanessa to her school and walked to my school. I walked to school and saw Kyle at the park. I walked over to him and said, " Kyle. Here, I did your homework so that you wouldn't get in trouble."

"You. Did you look at anything else in the bag?" Kyle said while cornering me to a tree.

"No. I didn't..."

"Well, If you did. Don't-"

"I said I didn't already!" I interrupted. I walked past him annoyed. He watched me walk away and stood there. He followed after me and said, " Sarah! I didn't mean to get you mad! Sorry!"

I ignored him and went to class. He was desperate to make me happy instead of mad. I walked to pick up Vanessa, Kyle continues to follow me and tries to persuade me. I walked to my house and had Vanessa go in also. Kyle stood outside and continues to persuade me. Vanessa asked, "Mommy? Who was that guy outside?"

"Someone. He likes me I think." I said. He waited the whole day and not even until the next day. He had to leave that day and I never saw him again.

3 years later~

I walked in the streets and saw Kyle. Vanessa at the time was at my parents place. I walked past Kyle since I didn't recognize him. He recognized me and stopped me. Kyle looked at me. I looked at him in surprise since he stopped me. Kyle said, " Sarah? You're Sarah, right? You have to be. I recognize you. Do you remember me? From three years ago?"

I looked at him up and down. I recognized him in a way. I looked at him and said, "Kyle? You're Kyle?! But, aren't you Kenny? The famous Kenny from the televisions and all."

"Yes, I am but, You do know I'm Kyle right? I've waited so long. It's been three years. I've loved you since then. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Oh. My. Goodness. Kyle, you're Kenny?!?!"

"Yeah. And your response to my request?"

"Oh. Your request. Uhh... okay. Kyle. Okay. I missed you so much. I knew my feelings after you left school and oh... I just miss you very much!" I said as I start crying. I hugged Kyle. Kyle hugged me back and said, "Yeah. I missed you, too. I knew my feelings before I saw you with your child? Was that your child?"

"My adopted daughter." I said. I pulled back and kissed Kyle.

2 years after the unexpected meeting~

The wedding bells chimed. I finally married Kyle. This went into all the newspaper and televisions. Since Kyle is pretty famous and we had our wedding, who wouldn't want to report all this. Vanessa approved of this even though its been quite long. Vanessa continued to live my my parents for quite a while. Vanessa became quite attached to my parents while I was working. I loved Kyle lots. I would be devastated if he married someone else. But, I'm glad I was the one he married.
 

© 2009 Elyona


Author's Note

Elyona
Ignore Grammar problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on November 9, 2009

Author

Elyona
Elyona

About
I am 21 years old. I am definitely a girl. I am someone who likes to write stories. Though I don't know what genre I'm writing. I really like to write. Although I don't know what my future has in stor.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Elyona