Chapter Two - Helping others

Chapter Two - Helping others

A Chapter by sonnetmoon
"

Anna confronts the desert people.

"

Anna closed her eyes. The desert sun scalded her skin . She had not planned her journey. However she knew that she wasn't far from her true destination. A man named Gendu had told her that four miles south she would come across a small town. She needed to look for a woman called Zara there. The village people crowded round her. An old man continued to evaluate her form. Anna wanted to say something but decided against it. A bead of sweat trickled down her neck.

 

"Who are you?" the village elder questioned. His face had the texture of leather. Wrinkles formed at the corners of his eyes.

 

"My name is Anna. I mean you no harm" she reached into her bag. In the process she emptied the bag of sand. Several onlookers gave her questioning glares.

 

"I have brought you the gift of sand" she gestured. She put some sand in the old mans hand. The abrupt sound of laughter pierced through the silence.

 

"We have plenty of sand. We need money and water"  he laughed.However Anna wasn't laughing. He noticed her serious expression and stopped laughing.

 

"This sand I have brought you is worth more than gold. Sand forms the land you stand on. It is a gift from god" The old man seemed to take her explanation into account. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a knife. At first Anna was afraid of what he might do to her. He placed the weapon into her hand.

 

"This ancient dagger will protect you on your journey" he motioned for a small boy to step forward. The little boy gave her a scarf. The tribal pattern on the fabric was astonishing.

 

"Thank you" her voice was barely audible.

 

"No need to thank me. Mankind should help each other"

 

Anna wrapped the scarf around her head. She used the edge of her hand to wipe the sweat off her brow. The old mans older son greeted her.

 

"This Is my son Amede. Which town are you traveling to?" The elder stroked his beard. 

 

"I'm travelling  to Coega"

 

"My son can direct you" he suggested. The old man continued to lean on his staff for support. His fingers were like the weathered braches which surrounded them. She had managed to find peace within the barren landscape. Yet it would take her awhile to get used to the culture. Anna found that the people were more excepting of her. Amede smiled at her. This gave her reassurance for the journey ahead.



© 2013 sonnetmoon


Author's Note

sonnetmoon
This is unfinished. Please rate an comment. Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on June 18, 2013
Last Updated on June 18, 2013
Tags: Journey, Fiction, Everyone, Adventure, Samaritan


Author

sonnetmoon
sonnetmoon

United Kingdom



About
We live in a dystopian world. Malice is my muse. Modern society is what inspires me.Writing is my freedom. more..

Writing
short short

A Story by sonnetmoon