Sidekicks

Sidekicks

A Story by Keely
"

This is a speech I wrote and will recite for my final in English.

"

Sidekicks

When we were kids we always wanted to be the superhero, or a princess. We idolized the Supermen, the Snow Whites, the Sherlock Holmes, and the Peter Pans. We saw that these people saved the world, got the girl or guy, and escaped near death. No wonder we looked up to them. They are magical and brave. But what about the Tinker Bells, the Dr. John Watsons, or the seven dwarfs? Tink has gotten Peter Pan out of plenty tough situations. Without John Sherlock would have died in the first book, and let's just imagine what would have happened to Snow White if she hadn’t found the dwarfs. Without the sidekicks and best friends our heroes would be nothing. They would be walking around with their shoes untied at a complete loss of what to do.  

Now many people have the hero complex. They want to do everything, save everyone and most importantly do it all by themselves. Refusing any help offered. The movie industries are cutting back on sidekicks and focusing even more on the super heroes. In the Sherlock Holmes books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, John Watson is just as a major part in solving crimes as Sherlock is. But in recent movies Watson is portrayed as a burden to Sherlock and, frankly, stupid.

Sidekicks are underappreciated, and overlooked. But if you ask me they are the real heroes. They have no motive to save people or solve crimes besides the fact that they want to help people. They know that the Supermen will get all of the fame and glory. They are usually the comic relief and they make up for what the hero lacks in common sense. In a perfect world we would have wanted to be Tinker Bell and Watson.

© 2013 Keely


Author's Note

Keely
I realize that this has flaws and I will absolutely edit it more but I would really like extra input, for the sake of my English grade.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A new concept--the sidekick as hero.
I went over this for spelling and punctuation flaws, and found nne. But I think the last sentence could be better. Perhaps "In a perfect world I think we would want to be Tinker Bell and Watson."

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Added on May 28, 2013
Last Updated on May 28, 2013

Author

Keely
Keely

CA



About
I have been writing for a while. It was one of the consistent things in my life. My family and I moved every three or so years. I absolutely love music, reading, and writing. more..

Writing
Shop Local Shop Local

A Story by Keely


Monsters Monsters

A Story by Keely