Shop Local

Shop Local

A Story by Keely
"

In this I work with word choice and syntax. This is very experimental and I thoroughly enjoyed writing it.

"

How do you not burn with self-disgust and loathing when you walk into the ghastly big corporate chain stores?  When walking down the street with the Starbucks frappuccino in your hands you should want to put a wasteful plastic bag on your head from remorse.  That poor excuse of a caffeinated drink was not made in a coffee shop, but a coffee factory, where not one drink has a milliliter of individuality, nor does the drinker.  You are ants, in perfect lines perfectly in sync, all instagramming the same picture, retweeting the same tweet, liking the same Facebook post, and listening to the same music all together at the same time.   

Why do you wish to seek computer help from a middle aged man in a blue polo and khakis, that hardly knows how to turn on a computer let alone fix it, as opposed to the tech genius, grad student, trying to pay off his student loans, employee at the small computer store down the street?  Why do  you gravitate towards the generic chain bookstore that is more concerned with selling you an electronic device than actual books?  Why do you want to shop at a store whose clothes fall apart after one wash and whose name contains an insignificant number, as opposed to the fair trade store downtown that, get this, pays the people who made the shirt the same amount bought it for?

Intellectual people are collectively ashamed of your infamous stupidity.  The blindness you show in making the poor decisions affect much more people than you are aware of; the small farmers you are not buying from, the grad students that just want to graduate, the workers that get paid pennies for every twenty-dollar shirt you buy, and finally the small shop owners that you are ignorantly dening business.

Let there be one less ant, and stop now.  Stop the ignorance.  Stop the unawareness. Stop the naiveté.  Take the bag off your sinful head and Shop Local.

© 2014 Keely


Author's Note

Keely
I as always would love any sort of comments on this. Thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on March 13, 2014
Last Updated on March 13, 2014

Author

Keely
Keely

CA



About
I have been writing for a while. It was one of the consistent things in my life. My family and I moved every three or so years. I absolutely love music, reading, and writing. more..

Writing
Sidekicks Sidekicks

A Story by Keely


Monsters Monsters

A Story by Keely