01 "The Contract"

01 "The Contract"

A Chapter by 160artser
"

Jun Yamada goes through life as an outsider. One day he accidentally acquires the ability to play God.

"

“Keep running!” Yuki screamed. Explosions bombed the surrounding areas. Soldiers rushed along the grass firing guns. Yuki hid behind a building, holding her little brother closer as bombs blew and people cried.

Yuki quickly looked over the wall and sighed. She held her brother close to her and ran. The soldiers ran close to them. The brother and sister fell to the ground once they shot Yuki down. “Please. NO!” Yuki’s voice echoed off the empty buildings. She looked over at her little scared brother being held down by the gun a soldier exposed.

The soldier held his position, waiting for further instruction. “Why would we let you two go?” the leader asked. Yuki breathed heavy as one man held her by her hair.

She pleaded with them. “Please, he isn't even marked!”

The leader scoffed, then inspected the little boy. He took out a device from his pocket, a scanner, and found his result. As the device peeped he found it came up positive. “He hasn’t been infected, she is telling the truth” he replied.

“See! Please, kill me but let him go” they held back her hands and aimed the gun at her.

The leader smiled “I will give you what you want. Let the boy go with the rest of the survivors” he pushed her brother off to the big truck that cut off their path of escape.

Yuki smiled, let her muscles relax. “Thank you sir. Thank you so much” tears ran down her cheeks. The man aimed the gun straight at her face. Her brother watched in horror as he began to realize what was happening.

He began to be dragged along with the soldiers to the truck. Suddenly, as the gun began to fire. He screamed. “Yuki! No!” he forced his way out of the mans hands and forced his way to his sister. She lay, bloody and dead.

“Get on the truck” the man demanded.

Yuki began to move a little, still alive. “Please, Jun. Go and be free” she held onto his hand, then slowly let go. Jun could hear the bombs far out in the distance. The words faded from him. He held onto his sister in a tight grip, but was forced into the truck by gun. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Jun woke up, panting to the memory of his sister’s early death. He rubbed his eyes, red from unsettling tears. The sun shined in through the open window. Lazily, Jun got up to throw them shut.

11 years have past since the extermination of Kaito, a man made island off the coast of Japan. Only a few survivors left the island that day. I happened to be one of them. Once I got here, a family of high riches took me in as their son. The Hirata’s, rich novelists. Though, their extended family seems to think I'm the devil of their families line. Because of my being in Kaito that day, I am required to go to a military base just on the outskirts of Tokyo to check my blood for signs of the virus.

Jun walked along the paved cement, looking down at the ground as he came closer to his school. It was crowded today, usual on any given day. However, to avoid contact with other students he would arrive early. Today was the day of his blood test, so being early wasn't exactly an option at that point.

In the classroom the students laughed and joked. Jun was cut off at the door by a beautiful young blonde. She smiled welcome to him, then grinned. “You're late today, Jun” her hands behind her back. Jun smiled back at her, and simply nodded.

This is Ayano Hirata, my sister if you think about it. But in actuality she is really more of a childhood friend.

Jun walked passed her and sat down at his desk. The other students glared at him. Warry and possibly scared of what he could be.

A rumor has been going around that I was in Kaito when the virus broke out. Not that its at all a lie. However, it has been causing problems for my only two friends.

A red haired boy sighed and plopped down into the chair in front of Jun. He turned his head over to Jun and then Ayano. “The trains really are horrible today aren't they?” he asked.

This is Takuya Yamasaki. I think he only hangs out with me to get close to Ayano. Or maybe she makes him get along with me. Either way, I don't really belong to their little group. Both are pretty popular here at school, and they get made fun of occasionally for hanging with me. I wouldn't blame them if they decided to leave me.

“Alright, lets begin class today” the teacher announced as he walked in. The teacher set down his book on the desk in front. It was clear that this man disliked his job, but had nothing else to do. Regardless, Jun disliked him for his secret abuse towards him. “Now, to start, lets open our books for a reading on page 12” all the students got out their books and prepared to read.

As time passed lunch couldn't have come sooner. Takuya and Ayano had left to check out something in another class.

“Just wait for us” she says. Theres not much to wait for. Jun things quietly to himself as the other students see an open opportunity. “Hey, you were in Kaito the day the virus broke out, right?” a boy demanded. The other students waited patiently for his response. Jun continued to ignore them. Angry, the boy pushed his chair over. “Hey! I asked you a question!”

As they yelled Takuya and Ayano came running back to him. Takuya forced their classmate to let go of Jun as the other students backed him up into a corner. “Just tell us” they chanted.

Jun backed up until he could go no further. He sat there, on the the dust filled floor. Thoughts began to come back to him, Yuki. “Get out of the way. Why do you even hang out with that guy, Ayano” he asked “were better than that runt” Jun jumped up, making his own escape out of the classroom, being sure to take his bag with him.

The hallways were filled with students as Jun ran passed them. He dove behind a wall into an abandoned hallway.

Back in the classroom, Ayano tried to run after him but instead was stopped by Takuya. “What the hell is wrong with you!” she turned to the boy who was angry with her now.

“Ayano, he was in the same place as the virus”

“And you know that for certain!” Ayano reached out her small hand and slapped him right across the face. “He’s my precious little brother!”

Jun sat in the hallway, thinking. Yuki’s yells and her bloody, soft hand tightly on his. Then the grip slowly fading into nonexistence. He looked down at his hand as he remembered the horrors that day brought him. The end of the school day came and he prepared his exit. On his walk he began to think.

I don't live with the Hirata’s anymore. There were too many questions people asked. So I decided to move out once I was able. I got two part time jobs and the cheapest apartment I could find. Living on my own isn't too terribly bad. All the rules are mine and theres lots of room to think. But, sometimes I feel like I could be doing something more than just letting them hurt me more. Just because I lived through the virus that killed the whole populous of that island.

Jun walked into his work and went to the day. He helped customers find what they were looking for. The store was scarce for buyers these days, but that didn't seem to stop their business. “The telescope is good for further distances than ever before” he explained to a couple looking to buy one. He leaned over to look though it, catching his eye a flying aircraft. Not like one he had ever seen before though. This one was different. It flew faster than anything he had ever seen, but it was still definitely an aircraft. He put the thought behind him and continued to work with his clients.

As soon as his shift was over Jun felt exhausted. His watch read 7:23, just enough time to finish up his homework, eat and catch a good nights rest. Before he made it down the street the thought of the aircraft got to him. The aircraft seemed to have crashed, yet it made no noise or any commotion among the people. He decided to investigate.

According to what he say in the telescope he followed that direction until he made it up the trail to the woods. In there the trees showed of a wreckage. Within the collapsed and fallen over trees was the aircraft he saw. It looked like a spaceship at close glance. However, like a spaceship out of this world.

A girl pushed her way out of the rubble of the ship. And before she could make it out completely, she passed out. Jun, in a panic, ran over to the ship and pulled the door open exposing her to the outside. As soon as he managed to get her out, her breathing was faint. He leaned over, planning to give CPR. He pressed his mouth to hers. A sharp spark caused him to move back from her.

The girl coughed and rolled over. Immediately, she shot up. “You. What the hell did you do?”

“Um. I just gave you--” Jun paused to block her attack on him.

She didn't take any moment to wait for his reasoning before declaring her own declaration. “How dare you, pervert”

Jun took a moment to look at what she was wearing. It was an interesting suit. A thin fabric that only covered what needed to be covered. The outfit made Jun blush and only angered the girl. “I'm sorry” he bowed.

The girl sighed. “Thats quite alright. Ah, you” she glared. Looking closely into his eyes. “Satan’s Blade. You opened a contract!?” she pushed him down to the ground and she was on top of him. He looked up at her, hurt and confused.

“Satan’s Blade?”

“Thats right. As you might have guessed i'm not from your world. A few weeks ago, on your world thats about 11 years, a virus landed on one of your islands. All of those survivors escaped to Japan. I have been given orders to exterminate all of Japan and its population” she explained, with absolutely no sorrow or regret for her potential actions.

Jun forced her off him and they sat in the empty woods staring at each other. “Destroy Japan?”

“Of course. Not just the survivors but everyone here. That should contain the virus and once I finish that I will take the virus back with me to my world”

He shook his head. “You can't do that!”

“And why not?” she stared into his eyes. A smile crossed her face slyly. “Actually, how about a game”

“A game?”

“Yes, time moves so slow here on Earth. I will give you three months with that new found power of yours. If you can save this country in only three months than I won't need to kill all of Japan.”

Jun moved back from her. “I don't understand”

The mysterious girl threw her arm up, she moved her index finger to point straight at the ship in which she arrived. “Let me explain from the beginning. My good for nothing father sent a virus from my planet to yours and now I have to clean up his mess. The only way to do that nice and simple is to exterminate all of Japan. However, with that kiss you gave me early you took my power, the Satans Blade” she paused to allow Jun to catch up. “Now, to organize an interesting game I will allow you three short human months to solve the problem the way you want it. If you can manage that with the powers I have given you than Japan is safe for another day” she smiled, an evil grin.

Jun blinked. “So, you're from another world. And it was your planet that infected us?”

“That is correct. An accident done by my pathetic father. When you kissed me you opened a contract to take Titans Hand. The weapon you received is called Satan's Blade. If you want Japan to live, figure out how to save it in three months. And if you manage to keep me interested I might extend your time”

“Who are you?”

The girl laughed. “HA! As if I were to tell my target the name of its murderer. Tell me, where is your location of slumber?”

Jun gave her confused looks. Once he figured out what she met he began showing the way to his apartment. So, she's an alien and I take her back to my apartment? he asked himself with his head down in shame. As soon as they made it to his apartment she rushed in. “So, how is it that you can speak my language if you're from another world?”

“Simple. You signed the contract made by Titans Hand. This puts me and you into a temporary pairing. So now since I was the one that signed over Satan's Blade and you are the bearer I understand you're Earth speech” her eyes expressed evil. “Now human. I'm hungry, feed me”

“Why would I?” he demanded.

She moved from her chosen spot in his living room. “Because we are a pair. Here on Earth that is the equivalent to marriage. So treat me well, got it?”

“M-m-m-marriage?” Jun stuttered.

“Thats right. Now, if you plan on saving Japan you're gonna wanna know how to use Satans Blade. The contract will answer your wishes. Simply ask Titans Hand for the weapon you imagine. Satan's Blade will take the form of the weapon you choose. There is a catch though. Rules you must follow. You can only imagine 5 different weapons until you must imagine the original 5 you chose. So be careful in your selection, also don't forget the name you gave them” she began to look around in his fridge. Inside she took out an apple and began eating it.

Jun put his bag down on the table. “Any weapon?”

“As long as it plays within the rules of Titans Hand” she replied. Jun waited for her to list off the rules of the contract. “Rule one. No more than 5 weapons are to be chosen for use. Rule two. A weapon can not be drawn out too long, if exceeding the limit the weapon will begin to take energy from its holder. Rule three. Only one weapon can be drawn out at a time. Rule three. According to the law that Satan's Blade follows, the weapon must be in the shape of a gun or a sword. Rule four. The weapon can do anything the holder pleases”

“Anything. Like I can create a gun that acts like a bomb?”

“Yes. However, the fire power is limited according to the weapons current purpose. You want to use it to save a foreign land it doesn't know. So, in short. Satan’s Blade won't be too enthusiastic about saving your small Island Nation” she scoffed.

Jun shrugged, as he watched her. “Alright, I will be taking my leave. Now remember, only three months. That time limit begins tomorrow morning” she touched his forehead, making him unconscious and falling to his wooden floor. The girl laughed at him, and his pathetic attempt to play god with a nation that wants to kill people like him. A nation that fears its very savior.

Once morning, Jun awoke on his floor facing the kitchen. He got up slowly as he began to remember the girl. The room gave him an uneasy feeling, like his dream of that girl was something to remember. He got up, grabbing his bag from the table and looking at the time on his watch. School was already three minutes in.

He gasped at his tardiness. Without a second thought he quickly changed his clothes and rushed down the stairs of his cheap apartment. Once he made it to the ground he remembered that his homework was far from being completely. The thought of the girl would not escape his mind. Though, he figured it was probably a crazy dream. Him, having the ability to create a weapon of his design? Yeah right.

The train was filled with workers, no students on at this time. He finally made it to the school, thinking that Ayano would have his head for this.

“Now, before we begin our day I would like to introduce our brand new student” the teacher began.

Jun ran fast in the halls, down to his classroom and swinging the door open. This is where he was laughed at for his sudden intrusion. “Sorry I'm late sir” he bowed. The teacher scoffed at him and told him to stand. Jun did as he was told and put his head up. Looking straight at the new transfer. Who just so happened to be the girl from his dream.

The teacher continued his introduction of the girl. “This is our new student. Mai Fujimoto”

Jun took his eyes off her and walked threw the aisle back to his desk. On the way one of the students put out his leg to trip Jun. He hit the ground, interrupting Mai from speaking. Instead she chirped. Jun got up and walked quickly to his desk where he put his head completely down. Waiting for the heartless Mai to speak.

Mai smiled, not in a scary way, but cute. She tilted her head and held her hands together. “I hope we can all get along” her voice soft and beautiful. The complete opposite of the girl Jun met yesterday. This caught Juns attention.

Once her introductions were over she sat in her desk, behind Ayano. They smiled and laughed together. Jun couldn't put off the feeling that, that Mai was exactly the same girl he met yesterday.

Wait, the new girl looks a lot like that girl I met yesterday. The one that gave me a contract called Titans Hand. Could it be her? It sure doesn't seem like her, she acts nothing like the girl I met yesterday. But they look exactly alike. Maybe her sister? Whatever it is, I don't have anything to do with it. There's no way any of that is true.


Or... So I thought.



© 2014 160artser


Author's Note

160artser
*160Artser "Chapter one of my friends attempt at a light novel, enjoy"

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on July 23, 2014
Last Updated on July 23, 2014
Tags: anime, manga, school life, science fiction, virus, apocalypse, weapons, tragedy


Author

160artser
160artser

Key West , FL



About
Just looking for something fun to do to pass the time. I'm am new to writing. I only decided to start writing because I love stories. Truth be told, I love all kinds of writing. Particularity gay a.. more..

Writing