"Sunday Nights At The Drive-in Movie"

"Sunday Nights At The Drive-in Movie"

A Story by Michelle Lea
"

A true story about precious time me and my daughters spend together!

"

     This became a ritual for us, my two daughters and me!  Every Sunday was our night out at the drive-in movies.  There are three reasons why we picked Sunday as our day; one reason was that this day was good timing for us, the second reason was the cost and the final reason was for time spent together.

 

     Sunday evenings, were always open, therefore leaving us time to go to the movies.  All of the other days of the week, we were always busy with too many things to do.

 

     The second reason was the cost.  On the "Drive-in" hot nights, Friday and Saturday, the admission is $10.00 a car load.  However, on Sunday through Thursday, the cost of admission is only $5.00 a car load.  Being cheaper is a definate bonus for us.

 

     Last but not least, the most important reason, is time spent together.  Precious time spent making memories, just us three gals hanging at the movies.  Oh, can't leave this out, we always have to get one of their biggest sour pickles that they sell for a $1.00 at their snack bar.  We bring our own 25 cent colas from our local grocery store known as H.E.B., this saves us alot of money, drinks are $1.00 each at the snack bar.  This is time well spent making memories, just me and my daughters, girl's night out.

 

     You can't put a price on happiness.  I'll say this, "our Sunday nights at the Drive-in are priceless."

© 2008 Michelle Lea


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I've never actually been to a drive-in movie, mostly because i think the closest one is about three hours away. But after reading this, it seems like this would be a great place for memories, bonding, and new traditions. My mother, my sister and I don't exactly have any special places like you and your daughters have this, so I am not able to recall any special moments in my life as the previous reviewers have :P

BUT i do have this say: this short story was fantastic. Short but sweet. I enjoyed the shared moments between you and your daughters, like the sour pickles at the snack bar, and the 25cent colas :) It all sounds so amazing, and i hope that if i maybe get my mom to read this, she made consider driving those three hours to the nearest drive-in movie so we could make some of our own memories :) Suffice to say, i loved this a lot. Thanks for sharing!

xoxo Caitlyn xoxo

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I've never actually been to a drive-in movie, mostly because i think the closest one is about three hours away. But after reading this, it seems like this would be a great place for memories, bonding, and new traditions. My mother, my sister and I don't exactly have any special places like you and your daughters have this, so I am not able to recall any special moments in my life as the previous reviewers have :P

BUT i do have this say: this short story was fantastic. Short but sweet. I enjoyed the shared moments between you and your daughters, like the sour pickles at the snack bar, and the 25cent colas :) It all sounds so amazing, and i hope that if i maybe get my mom to read this, she made consider driving those three hours to the nearest drive-in movie so we could make some of our own memories :) Suffice to say, i loved this a lot. Thanks for sharing!

xoxo Caitlyn xoxo

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How lovely to have and to be making memories for our little ones, no matter their age!!!!
My daughter and I used to have a cinema card where we could go to a certain cinema as many times as we wanted in the month. We had it for two years and then they overpriced themselves!! It went from £9.99 each per month to £13.50 each per month. And they started to charge for extras too like 3D films which were previously free. It just made it too expensive as I am on a budget. Especially with bus tickets too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I do have some lovely memories of those two years, not so much the films, but the time with me and Amy, including the buses too.
Thank you for sharing this very special time you spend with your beautiful daughters.
I really enjoyed reading this and thank you for bringing some of my memories with my daughter too.

I look forward to reading more of yours in the future.

Love

Mamabear xxxxxxx

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the drive-in...the speaker that hung on the open window...the popcorn and the hot dawgs...the van rocking up the aisle...the ramped pavement that pointed the car to the huge screen...
the good old days...miss them

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice I love this it brings back memories of my family time with my kids at the drive-inns before the close them all down here in Florida. I hope you and your daughters continue to have that special time at the drive-inns. I myself miss those days...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really liked this one for it speaks about your relationship with your daughter's... my own mom is like an angel.. like.this is so true..i swear on heavens(nt the bad swear:p)... i was thinking of having mangoes yesterday.. though this being winters.. mangoes are like out of question.. i didn't even tell a soul about my mango desire.. but whooshh.. i came back from school today to find yummy mangoes..it's like mom had brought them...i asked...why..?? she said..i just went to this spencer's store..and they had this silly hybrid mango.. so i thought u'd love it..

the mango i had today was the sweetest i'v ever had.. it's winter here.. but i have my angel with all the warmth in the universe and more...
..............
bout ur work... awesome.. i like the way you kept pressing the price issue through out and then labelled the times as priceless... the credit for this beautiful expression i guess goes to ur mom.. cuz of whom you have this wonderful bond with your daughters..

as they say..there are somethings money can't buy... (for everything else there's master card ;p)

awesome work..loved reading it..:)
take care and keep smiling.. :)
niki..:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

what a lovely poem, it shows that you CAN have a good time and also not spend as much. you just pick the best moment!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

451 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2008
Last Updated on November 10, 2008