Scary Halloween

Scary Halloween

A Story by Diane

t was a cold Halloween night. I was counting all my candy when all of a sudden I got an eerie feeling when I heard a growling sound coming from the outside of our back door. I was the only one home, so there was no way I was going to be opening that door. The growl happened again and had me cowering on the kitchen floor. My candy was the last thang on my mind at the moment. Curiosity got the best of me. I needed to know what was behind that kitchen door. I crawled over to the door nice and slow. I raised my upper body just enough to peek out the window. Right outside the window was a mangled dog. His skin looked rotted and only had a few patches of fur. One of its ears was torn and a chunk of its upper lip was gone showing his sharp teeth and his eyes were a creepy red with a yellow ring. I ducked.down. "oh please let my mind be playing tricks on me," I thought to myself. After a few moments, the growling stopped. When I got the courage I popped my head up again, and nothing was there. I relaxed a little. "Mom always said I let my imagination run wild," whispered to myself. When I turned around, there it was. Growling and snapping its teeth. I had no time to react. It attacked!

© 2017 Diane


Author's Note

Diane
ignore editing issues.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on October 28, 2017
Last Updated on October 28, 2017

Author

Diane
Diane

MI



About
My name is Diane Garner and I live in southeast Michigan with with my husband and two young daughters. I grew up in Gaylord, Michigan, with My mom and brother. I moved to the Detroit area in my late t.. more..

Writing
Quinn's Faith Quinn's Faith

A Story by Diane


Thank You Thank You

A Poem by Diane


Invisible Invisible

A Poem by Diane