No Warning

No Warning

A Chapter by Missy
"

Simply put, the war begins

"

“Josslyn.” A pitched voiced yelled from across the room. “Get back over here and get your chores done.”

            Josslyn turned around to see who was yelling at her. It was the old lady who had woken her up. Her grey curled hair bouncing around as she looked toward her impatiently. “May I go?” She asked turning to Lord Bartholomeu. He waved toward her and she knew she had leave. She hurried up walking back across the center aisle toward the old lady who grabbed her by the arm and led her out.

            “Why is it that you get yourself into trouble?” The old lady asked once they were back into the hallway.

            “I didn’t do anything.” Josslyn said defensively not sure of what she was referring to.

            “One day your going to get yourself into trouble if you keep flaunting yourself at those men. One day I wont be there to help you.” The old lady said while pulling down the front of her white apron that had risen up.

            Josslyn knew she didn’t do anything, but decided it was best to just give up the argument while she still could. “What would I do with you Georgina?” She said and gave the her a big hug she was a big woman after all these years and smelled of apple pie.

            Georgina eyed her for a moment and then told her to come on and the two of them walked back through the halls. To approach another set of chores for the day as it was only mid day.

 

 

            “D****t.” King Dreyfus stated in front of the burning villages. Behind him the scene was unfolding like it would if all the village had been sent to hell. Every home in the villages was being torched by flaming arrows. There were men on horses riding up the city streets with swords hanging from the arms aiming them at anyone they saw man, woman or child. The screams were horrific sounds of shock and fear. The people tried to make pleas they tried to bargain for their life or the life of their child though Dreyfus wouldn’t stand for it. He knew that any child left behind would one day be able to carry a sword and have revenge in his mind. He had tore apart every home in the village and even torched the deluxe home of Lord Jonathan as well, but he was angry to know he wasn’t home. “All this for nothing,” he said. “It was all for nothing.” at the same time as he strolled throughout the village that was now all fire and smoke and the dead bodies of most of the people that occupied it. Some were able to get away and flee and he didn’t bother searching for them. He knew exactly where they were headed.

            The village didn’t even know the attack was coming they had no warning. The small town of houses was prospering as Lord Jonathan was very lenient about taxes considering the King’s law. For most of the village the day was the same like always. The farmers got up at the crack of dawn and tended to their fields. The mothers got up with the children and took them to the nearby school to be taught and then went back home to do sewing, cooking, and other household chores. Then they would pick the children up later. The other men who weren’t farmers were merchants out in the streets or in there small stores trying to make some money. The land was only prosperous because of their farming. They had blankets of green fields that only the best farmers tended to.

             In fact it was a farmer trying to plow his yard when he noticed a huge line stretching all the way across the land. He paused for a moment as he saw the line get bigger and then he realized it was broken into pieces like a dotted line. He kept looking then he could see that the dotted line was moving faster and faster. He wasn’t sure how to react he didn’t know what the situation was. Then he saw silver glistening from them from the suns reflection. Fear immediately rose inside his chest. He ran with all his might toward the village to warn them. He tried screaming and waving toward the village and he gained the attention of a young boy.

            “Momma what’s that man doing?” The young boy asked his mother not taking his eyes off the strange man waving his arms like silly.

            The young woman with short brown hair turned over just in time to see the man waving his hands side to side. Then the man stopped and she kept watching him and then he fell face first into his field. Her gaze rose to the top of the field and that’s when she saw them. The riders blanketed the plowing fields there must’ve been thousands. Her mouth opened in shock. “Sound the alarm.” She screamed. “Sound the alarm.” All the villagers now could see what the woman was referring to. Panic overtook most of them. The alarm did get sounded with three bells indicating imminent attack. The men who were able grabbed pick axes, swords and anything they could fight with. They forced the women with young children to get on the horses and ride to the kings palace. All those who were able bodied: some women, teenaged boys and men stayed to fight.



© 2012 Missy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on August 29, 2012
Last Updated on August 29, 2012


Author

Missy
Missy

Lansing, MI



About
I want to be a writer. I write all day, everyday in case I'm working. more..

Writing
Ch. 1 Pretenses Ch. 1 Pretenses

A Chapter by Missy


A tortured soul A tortured soul

A Chapter by Missy