Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
A Free Thinker's Self-Affirmation?

A Free Thinker's Self-Affirmation?

A Poem by Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham
"

A bit of humorously intended satirical sarcasm that begs the question: Do Free Thinking Atheists and Deists actually have need of an Affirmation, or Proclamation of what they do not believe?

"

A Free Thinker's Self-Affirmation?


Written By Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Copyright © 2023 Marvin Thomas Cox

DBA: Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

All Rights Reserved




A Free Thinker's (NON-Liturgical) Cognizance-Based Self-Affirmation: “May our logic and sound reasoning's, cognizance-fueled, mind-engines (all neurons firing in roaringly revved-up unison) always prevail; stand as a cranial bastion of undeterred intelligence, and an unassailable fortress-domain of Free Thinking; awakened minds dedicated to facts, rather than beliefs; verifiable evidence, rather than a mind gone blind; attained knowledge of facts proven as truth, rather than Blind-Faith proclaimed (belief without true understanding, perception, or discrimination) adherence to a mass-delusional acceptance of commonly prescribed teaching rendered as revered facts -- thus unquestionable (questions deemed as blasphemously heretical taboo) -- devoutly proclaimed as Holy, Divinely Inspired, and most Sacred Foundational Truths of every variety's flavor of Religion-based Dogmas as man-made, man-fabricated, Doctrines sold for that mind-blinding low-ball (hook, line, & sinker) price of Taxes, Tithes & Lies (trinity's third time's a charm), to be dutifully collected, appropriated, and administered by that utmost, anciently orchestrated, Premiere-Corporation Of Cooperative-Deception: Organized-Religion. And may all Free Thinking individuals now openly proclaim (Atheists, Agnostics, and Deists alike) a hearty, 'Hell Yeah!'”



What just took place directly above, really? And, in the very name's concept of aspiring to represent cognizance-based logic and sound reasoning's Free Thinking? My, theoretically proposed, Free Thinker's (NON-Liturgical) Cognizance-Based Self-Affirmation (repetition for impact) is purposefully designed and intended as a humorously satirical and sarcastic (eye-opener's) perfect example of how easy it is to regress, circle back around, and return to that whence from which we came to enlightenment as those who now possess Free Thinking minds, because (Now hear this!): The above Self-Affirmation, in and of itself, reeks of that potentially mind-fatal-stench of religiosity-laden magical-connotations that always tend to arrive quietly within that mental-night of harmlessly unnoticed as innocence-benign -- to build in incremental eventuality of a mind-infection gone viral in pandemic proportions that is soon to ring of that, all too familiar, familiarity of Organized-Religion's characteristically-unabated exhibition of Supremacist better than thou art (ness) similitude of the same ole same ole's:



In brief return to humorous, satirical, sarcasm: “My holy-roller religious-a*s s**t don't stink, and, what's more? My (Judaic, Christian, Islamic) God is better than your God! And, as for you, you God-less Atheists! You God-Ignoring Agnostics! You Personal-God-Denying Deists! Your entire lot in life is to totally miss out on an Eternity's chance at winning the Divinity-Lotto. Change your wicked ways, get your Divinity-Lotto Ticket today. After all, what do you have to lose, but control of your one and only cognizant-mind's life to be lived upon this Earth? No worries! Blind-Faith will fix all your troubles; all your problems; every care and After-Life destination-reservation. After all, Blind-Faith is God's-Super-Glue, the Divine-Fix for all that ails ya. Don't miss out. Prostrate yourself; worship and grovel in mindless mumbling prayer today! Kneel at the feet of that Supreme Being who gave to all Man's Mankind the precious gift of supremacy as Organized Religion's Supremacist Agenda that never misses the mark of (conditioned and programmed) lofty minds set in divine attitude of above all others its sought after druthers.”



Back To Reality's Reality 1O1? Our common existence, as Free Thinkers, does not render us as superior to any given group of individuals, as fellow members of Man's Mankind that is Humanity -- and that as such of never shall and never will. Our chosen existence as Free Thinkers only serves to demonstrate a logic and sound reasoning's devotion to substantiated, concrete, verifiable facts of reality, rather than mind-blinded reliance upon Organized-Religion's magical spell called Blind-Faith -- referenced in sarcasm's satirical humor just above (repetition, again, for direct mental impact).



As �" enlightened to cognizance �" Free Thinking individuals, we need no Organized (feigned as NON-liturgical-styled) Self-Affirmation that can, all too easily, become transformed into the very essence of Organized-Religion's connotations that have proven to be mind-altering-addictive to far too many Human Beings soon to be (thereby of definitively thereof) rendered as mind-blinded disciples of Blind-Faith (belief without true understanding, perception, or discrimination). We need no faith, but we do need facts; we need no beliefs, but we do need verifiable evidence in support of attaining to established truth; we need no cause, but that of our continued existence as those who are Free Thinkers. All we need is freed-minds open to free and unbiased discussion based upon a cognizance foundation of applied logic and sound reasoning.







(Written October 19th, 2023)


TAGS: Philosophy, Free-Thinking, Atheists, Agnostics, Deists, Organized-Religion, Humor, Satire, Sarcasm,

© 2023 Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on November 9, 2023
Last Updated on November 14, 2023
Tags: Philosophy, Free-Thinking, Atheists, Deists, Organized-Religion, Humor, Satire, Sarcasm, Agnostics

Author

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham
Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Smalltown, TX



About
“Hello! Welcome to my profile page. As a Creative Writer, I pen a variety of material that ranges from piss poor attempts at Poetry, to morbidly Dark Fiction, to investigative, in depth, re.. more..

Writing