No Bag

No Bag

A Chapter by Ramiza

The dreamers are the saviors of the world. As the visible world is sustained by the invisible, so men, through all their trials and sins and sordid vocations, are nourished by the beautiful visions of their solitary dreamers.
-James Allen-

"As A Man Thinketh by James Allen," the cashier read aloud as she scanned the bar code, "Interesting choice. My friend's a HUGE fan, said that it was such a life changer. You should definitely read it,"
"Well," I replied wryly, trying to keep the sarcasm at bay, "That's the plan,"
It's no surprise that I despise overly friendly cashiers, especially the talkative ones. I think that they should be locked up somewhere far, far away... probably the bottom of the ocean where unspoken horrors await them.
The thought of it made me smile;
"Glad to help," she said sweetly, obviously misinterpreting my grin for something else, "Have a nice day,"
She handed me the book, "I don't think that you'll be needing any bags since you're only buying the one," was her answer to my quizzical brow.
"It doesn't really matter," I grabbed the book from her perfectly manicured hands, "No bag for the walking dead,"
"Excuse me?"
"You're obviously practicing discrimination," I scoffed, my voice attracting the attention of others, "Against a dying person, no doubt!"
"Oh my God! I am so sorry! I didn't know--" her facial expression changed from simple shock to that of sheer horror as my words began to settle themselves inside her tiny, little brain. I decided to take this moment to my advantage by taking it one step further;
"So you're admitting it?"
"Ad-admitting what?"
"That I have to have some kind of tragic back story in order to receive special treatment?"
"Wh-what?"
"Society, ladies and gentlemen!" I climbed up onto the counter, my hands cupped around my mouth, "We romanticize death just so that we can look like we give a s**t, when we probably don't give any. Yeah, gasp all you want! But you know what? I'm tired of all this bullshit! So you can suck my --,"


© 2014 Ramiza


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Big fan of 'unspoken horrors' awaiting cashiers in the ocean!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the sarky humor. Your description of the characters is good, but not ovrdone like lots a stuff.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ramiza

9 Years Ago

thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 2, 2014
Last Updated on July 2, 2014
Tags: indie, coming-of-age, life, trigger warning


Author

Ramiza
Ramiza

Malaysia



About
An insane writer trying to survive med school more..

Writing
Help Wanted Help Wanted

A Chapter by Ramiza


Nuggets of Wisdom Nuggets of Wisdom

A Chapter by Ramiza


Do You Care? Do You Care?

A Chapter by Ramiza