A Parent-Child Relationship Doesn't Change When You're Immortal

A Parent-Child Relationship Doesn't Change When You're Immortal

A Chapter by Olivia

“Kore? Kore! Oh there you are.” Demeter walked through the gardens carefully, stopping at her daughter’s side. “The harvest is beginning in the north and I must be present for it.”
“Believe me, I know.” Kore muttered while weeding the garden on her hands and knees. Her mother frowned at the statement, but continued.
“I want you to stay with the nymphs in Sicily until I am finished.”
At that statement, her daughter finally stood up with a glare fixed solidly in place.
“No. I refuse. Those, those nymphs are complete gorgons! They despise me mother! Do you remember-”
The goddess held up a hand and Kore’s mouth shut.
“Yes!” She snapped. “Yes, I remember the last time. And every time before it too. But they're your subjects, in a way. And whatever feelings they have for you, they are loyal to me. You will stay with them.”
“Why? Why do I need to stay with them?” The magic on her broke and Kore resumed her tirade. Wearily, Demeter sighed.
“Because you grow ever more radiant as the decades pass. Your beauty is already sung of by humans, your gracious smile deemed a wondrous gift for any and all.”
At her words, Kore preened a little.
“That doesn't sound like a bad thing.”
“It is when you have gods like Zeus. Off limits or not, there are plenty who desire you, with or without marriage. You're staying with the nymphs and no more on the subject.”
And because Demeter always gets her way, Kore reflected, there really wasn't any more on the subject.


© 2016 Olivia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on February 11, 2016
Last Updated on February 11, 2016


Author

Olivia
Olivia

About
Exchange student in France writing as a past time. I started with, and still do, fanfictions and since NaNoWriMo I'm trying out original work. more..

Writing
Intro Intro

A Chapter by Olivia