Fragmented Waltz (Fragments)

Fragmented Waltz (Fragments)

A Story by Bianca B (musiiquez)
"

Erio - Fragments (ft. Derek Joel & Q'Alia)

"
They held each other close, her fragile fingers trembling. They waltzed to the gentle love song in the background. The sky lights twinkled. The couple let the music control them. They whispered the lyrics to each other. They closed their eyes, and danced. The glass of her dress slid across the dancefloor. The rubber soles of his shoes glided across the dance floor. Thing is, the man was made of the flesh of Adam and the bone of Eve. The girl.... She was made of shattered pieces of glass, mirrors and ceramics. The essence of rage and grief. She was made of the pieces of fragility that have been smashed in rage. From the broken glass of wartorn towns. These fragments of negative memories had been weaved together to create her. And she was supposed to be a weapon. But here she stood, waltzing to a song of love.

This was to be her last moments. The ties that bound her body together was falling apart. The light of her soul was fading away. But she couldn't cry. She wanted to. She wanted to be of flesh, not broken items. She wanted a heart, not a glowing ball of light. She wanted to age with the man she danced with. Not fall apart in front of his eyes.

A piece of glass slid out of place, colliding with the glistening dance floor. It shattered into more pieces. More glass, mirror and ceramic fell from her body. The pieces that threatened to fall out of place stuck out, tearing her lover's suit. But her lover clenched tighter and tighter. They continued to dance. The woman of fragments was desperate to distract herself from her inevitable end. Shards continued to fall like rain. She grew weaker and unstable, but her lover supported her through the dance. Her bindings were weakening by the minute. More pieces fell out. The sharp pieces nicked wounds from her lover. Her soul light was dull, dying out as more fragments twirled to the floor. The pieces that now constructed her body made her look gaunt and skeletal. She clenched his shoulders, her frail body shuddering at the lack of support. But her partner embraced her.

The light within her was so dim. The skylights cut off. The light of the girl was the only illumination. Darkness loomed. Time seemed to halt her steps. The girl's lover held her head in his hands. Unlike her body, which only her head and half her body remained, the head was still in contact. Just a few pieces missing here and there, but otherwise it was in good condition.

The light died out. Darkness enveloped the pair. The song faded out. Then the light started up again. Brighter, and brighter it became. She clenched the remnants of her chest, and collapsed backwards. She pushed her lover away, and drew more blood from his chest. The light became incandescent enough to illuminate the room. A small diamond flew through the air, and the light died out.

The skylights flickered back on.

The music started up again.

And there was fragments scattered across the dance floor.

She was gone.

© 2016 Bianca B (musiiquez)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on June 4, 2016
Last Updated on June 4, 2016
Tags: Fantasy, romance, waltz, fragments, Noctilucent, Q'Alia, Derek Joel, Erio, love, magic, tragedy, dance, music, song, glass, ceramics, mirror, broken, heart, broken heart, lights

Author

Bianca B (musiiquez)
Bianca B (musiiquez)

Perth, Australia



About
I'm a beginning writer, who's main inspirations are music, specifically the artists of the New Dawn Collective. I find myself a bit embarrassing, but that's fine. more..

Writing