Guilt

Guilt

A Story by Ashley Campbell
"

Hoped writing this would help me feel a little better. I can't really say if it worked or not. It's so bad *cries*

"

Guilt. The ability for one to feel regret.
Conscious. The voice screaming when you ignore it; when you both know you’re doing something wrong.
Disappointment. You know you’re better than that….when you know you’ve been raised better.

    The feeling weighed on the chest, like a gorilla would a camel. Rough and coarse it felt when filling it’s contense of air. Guilt was never a feeling this certain body and mind handled very well. Disappointment was often an unwanted visitor when guild dropped by for the afternoon; most often depression would step in for a quick chat or a long conversation with Guild and Disappointment. What a feeling….what a feeling when one can’t undo what’s already been done. Evidence still hidden in the criminal’s belongings. What will it do? What will it do? If that one were to know the tainted deed that’s done. Do tell, do tell…..criminal….how well will you handle guilt.
 

© 2008 Ashley Campbell


Author's Note

Ashley Campbell
If you wish to criticize, be my guest. But please make it constructive...politely constructive....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on November 5, 2008
Last Updated on November 5, 2008

Author

Ashley Campbell
Ashley Campbell

TN



About
Currently I am twenty and am just starting my life as an adult, a writer, and a woman. Throughout my gallery you'll find dark poetry, fan fictions, and short stories, if you read and happen to review .. more..

Writing
Lost Lost

A Poem by Ashley Campbell