Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Layla L

Everyone knows about me. Everyone’s heard about me; what I’ve done and what I do. My temper and my good deeds is what they’ve seen. My anger and my happiness is what they remember. Though, they often dwell on the dark flame that is who I am...but only part of me. There are many stories"bright and dark ones"though no one will ever be able to figure out whether the bright ones are true or the dark ones fail to be false or if everything was an illusion; a lie so deep in depths, no one could uncover. Wouldn’t matter either way, I settle in a beautiful yet dark forest; I bring life to it and I bring I horror.

They couldn’t have someone like me around the village; too dangerous and too different. So they expelled me from the towns region and I had no choice but to take my ruth and animosity and move into the forest. They offered to build my home, but I simply turn them down as they did to me when I begged to stay. It only took my remorse and shame burning flame to snap my fingers and watch the forest became my servant and my weapon.

As I watched branches bend and sprout, I couldn’t help but feel enmity and grief. They adored me and they despised me"and my bitterness grew as I realized they had every reason to. I am a burning flame...on a scented candle. I am enjoyable and gracious, but get too close to me and I’ll burn you. I want peace and I want hatred"though, I could never pick one...because I don’t have the choice to.
Candle is lit.


© 2014 Layla L


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like the making of a pretty good book.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Added on November 5, 2014
Last Updated on November 5, 2014


Author

Layla L
Layla L

Las Vegas, NV



About
Just some chick that plays with words. more..

Writing
Entry #1 Entry #1

A Chapter by Layla L


Entry #2 Entry #2

A Chapter by Layla L