Chapter 1:

Chapter 1:

A Chapter by myukseloglu

Chapter 1:

It was an original Sunday evening where even at 6:00, the night had taken it’s place. My parents were out at dinner with some old family members and some business friends. My older sister Carry and I were driving to the mall. She had promised me she would spare one day to go to the mall with just her and me. It was like going to the mall with a famous person, because everybody loved her due to her kindness, respect, and other features too much to count, not to mention that she was drop dead gorgoues. The things I found so wonderful about her were her brown spiral curly hair up to her waist, and her mixture of aqua blue and bright green eyes. She seemed like she could capture a person’s soul. I had a feeling I would be like her. The Street lights had flickered on and off revealing their bright yellow signals before permanently staying on, a sign that said, darkness had befallen. Carry and I had ignored the signs of night and were headed to the mall where we would drink coffee and eat our dinner together.
“Uh, Martin said he’d be there with us if that’s not a problem with you,” Carry said while driving. Her name was short for Cassandra and that’s what I was about to call her.

“Cassandra! You said it would only be you and me only… not some old boyfriend of yours,” I grunted. Ok, you got me, I had a secret crush on my older sister’s boyfriend but only because I thought we had so much in common, despite the fact that he too was fabulous looking. But I just hated to see him so in love with my sister. I mean what difference did I have from her? Besides, I had met him first. We both went to the same ice cream shop every week and that’s where we had met. In fact I have a strong feeling he liked me then, of course until he saw my drop dead gorgeous sister who he probably preferred more than me. Anyway, just because I was glad it turned out wonderful between them -- a relationship of three years �" doesn’t mean I like to see them together. I just want my sister to be happy, but not with him. And it hurts me a lot to see that he is crazy inlove. I am sure my parents wouldn’t like each other that much despite their romantic afternoons.

“Now, now. Who said he was going to stay. Apparently he was just going to pick up some of his clothes from the dry cleaning and he just said he would drop off by the coffee shop,” she ended with a reassuring smile not removing her eyes from the road ahead.

“Do you think I would do something like that to you?” She continued and finished up. What she meant by “like that” wasn’t my secret love for her boyfriend. She didn’t know about that. She meant that she wouldn’t leave me to spend time with Martin when she promised it would just be the two of us. I didn’t answer because I should of known she wouldn’t. Carry was just so kind… that’s why everybody liked her so much. She would never do anything like that. And she always adheres to the saying “Treat people the way you want to be treated.”

“Sis, so I thought about an ipod, but you wouldn’t need one of those, because you already have dozens of electronics. So I thought maybe a car?” My sister asked drifting off at the end adding the question affect.

I frowned at her. Sometimes I just didn’t get her.

“What?” I asked confused by her question like statement.

She raised her eyesbrows innocently, and widened her eyes.

“Oh come on sis, you must be kidding me. Did you forget your birthday was next week after crossing days off on the calender for more than two months?” She asked adding an amusing tone to her voice. She rolled her eyes like this time she didn’t get me.

“No… I was just… you know confused by,” Oh who was I kidding, I let my voice fade away as I trailed off.
She giggled kindly and then widened her eyes like she was waiting for me to realize something. She smiled my direction. Then it hit me.
“A car!? Carry you got me a car!?” I was so surprised I just couldn’t infuse my voice with the proper excitement. I had wanted one since my seventeenth birthday. Well now I was getting in to my eighteenth but you know.

“Yes,” she smiled that calm comforting smile, I would die to see. Her white teeth showed under her smiling mouth, and her eyes shined and sparkled like she was proud and excited.

“That is amazing! What kind? I asked taking deep breaths to calm myself down.

“Oh I can’t tell you, Melanie can hear shouldn’t hear… Okay, maybe if you don’t tell her?” She chuckled amusingly. Then she whispered in to my left ear,

“A white Mercedes.”  

“You’ve got to be kidding me! How did you know that was my favorite kind!!??” I asked in suspicioun enveloped by happiness.

She shrugged and smiled at me.

“Because I know you. And maybe because you’ve mentioned it once in your sleep, maybe more,” now she was taking slight glances at me to see how happy I was.

Oh right, that’s how she knew. Because I was a sleep talker. I had never liked people hearing me while I was sleep talking but this was completely worth it. I was getting a car!

“Thanks Cassandra! Can I see it!!??” I asked in desperate excitement. Not only did I call her by her full first name when I was mad, angry, or outraged, but also when I was happy.

“Oh no, I don’t think so. Not until the big day! You know what I mean. I packed reinforcements with me,” She added nudging my shoulder, though still staring straight ahead.

I grimaced. “You mean Martin?”

“No actually. Martin doesn’t even know what I got you for your birthday. But I need to tell him some time. He said he would buy something to go with mine.”
My eyes widened. That would be the first time she lied to Martin. Okay, she didn’t exactly lie more of something along the lines of not telling him.

“But you and Martin tell each other everything,” I reminded her.

“Not everything,” she objected.

“A girls got to have her own privacy, even in a serious relationship,” It sounded like she was showing off her boyfriend but I knew my older sister would not do something like that.

“Besides, this was supposed to be a secret, I am only telling you because I want you to be excited you know, and stop being worried about growing up.”

 



© 2011 myukseloglu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on August 12, 2011
Last Updated on August 12, 2011