AriKa ff

AriKa ff

A Story by Nadhuha Nazeer
"

Hai tujhe bhi ijazat.. karrle tu bhi mohabbat.

"
The fresh rays of sunlight brightened Karan's room, disturbing his sleep. He pulled out a pillow and pressed it on his face to block the light from reaching his face. In the meantime, his phone beeped, leaving him with no option other than waking up and checking his phone.

It was a reminder that he had set 3 months ago. And upon seeing the reminder, realization hit him that today marked 3 months of Tipsy and him getting seperated. This quick realization brought a tinge of guilt in him along with pain. He had never intended to leave Tipsy. He just wanted some time to set things back to normal. He had already confessed his feelings to Tipsy and he expected her to understand that he would love her despite distance or under any circumstance. But he couldn't help agreeing to the fact the he is to be blamed too. Its been 3 months and he hasn't been able to track her down. She had changed her number, flat and probably city too. But today was different from the rest of the days. Karan had already made up his mind to meet Tipsy today, no matter what. He had to meet her and clear all the differences.

Karan immediately got up from bed and dialled a number. He just hoped he could get some information about Tipsy's whereabouts.

Person on line: Hello, Mahabaleshwar Grand Hotel.
Karan: Hi, It would be great if you could give me the contact details of your GM, Mr.Anandam.
R: Sorry sir. We don't give out important details of our employers or employees to the public.
K: I'm Karan Khanna speaking. And I personally know your 'Sir'. Its very important for me to contact him, please understand.
R: Karan Khanna? Sir... okay sir please write down.
........
K: Thank you so much.


"Thank God", Karan said, breathing a sigh of relief. Now let me just call up this ADDU and find out about Tipsy. Pyaar ke chakkar mein kya kya karna pad raha hai tereko Karan. He scratched his temple and dialled Addu's number.

After a few rings, Addu finally answered the call.
A: Hello, who is this?
K: Addu, it's me Karan.
A: Karan? How dare you call me up?
K: I know you hate me but please listen to me. I know you are with Tipsy right now... I
A: Enough. Don't even take her name you bloody deceiver.
K: You can call me anything you wish. I won't stop you today. Addu listen, I know I'm to blame, I know I have wronged Tipsy. I shouldn't have left her. I can't even tell you how angry and upset I get whenever I think of that day. I know I can't change the past, but I want to reach out to Tipsy. I need to clear out so many things. I need to talk to her.. atleast once. Please
A: Oh please! Look who's talking. You can never change Karan. You can never mend your ways. I don't trust you anyway. Tum pir Tipsy se miloge pir usse hurt karke chale jaaoge. Is this a game for you?
K: *In a low and dejected voice* It's not. Tipsy mere liye kya hai yeh mai khud nahi jaanta. I just know that she is the most special person in my life. She will always be. I promise you Addu, I won't hurt her this time. I just want to meet her once. Please. Usske baad you can kick me out if you want. I won't retaliate. Please
A: I hate you Karan. Always remember that. And I'm only agreeing for that because of Tipsy. She needs you right now. And I hate to confess this to you.
K: Kya hua Tipsy ko? She's fine na Addu?
A: Tum khud dekh lena. I will send you the address. And, I will be there when you come. I don't trust you hence I won't leave Tipsy alone.
K: Haan thats fine. Thanks.


**************
Malad West, Mumbai

*Door bell ringing*
Addu to Tipsy
I'll go and see kaun hai.. you wait here.

Addu opens the door and immediately frowns, seeing Karan at the door.
A: Oh so you came. Listen Mr.Karan, I'm warning you, iss baar agar kuch ulta seedha kiya toh..
K: I won't. Just trust me..
A: Trust you? Haha you gotta be joking mate.
K: Listen Addu the Kaddu, I didn't come here to..

"Addu, kaun hai?"

Karan was shocked. He was speechless. He didn't know how to react. The woman infront of him was a completely different person. Not the Tipsy he loved.

With a whiskey bottle in her hand, wearing pyjamas.. dark circles clearly visible around her eyes, smudged kajal, swollen eyes, pale face.. and almost on the verge of falling down, Tipsy gathered herself from the affect of the liquor and managed to ask "kaun hai" only to zone out after seeing Karan.

T: *Brings the bottle close to her chest* Addu, tum humesha bolte ho na ki sharab is not good for me. But.. *loses balance but manages to stand* But actually, its good for me. Because of this kamse kam I'm able to see Mr.Khanna infront of me. Meri imagination mein hi sahi..

The words pierced Karan's heart and he felt his eyes watering.

Tipsy smiled at Karan, believing him to be a part of her imagination. She then turned around to walk away when..
Karan: T..Tanpura

Tipsy immediately turned around not sure if she actually heard "tanpura". She tried to clear her eyes with one hand, and looked at the figure standing infront of her. It was Karan..
Tipsy felt her vision blurring, the bottle fell from her hand and shattered into pieces.. she was almost falling down when Karan ran to her and held her before she fell on the broken pieces.
He quickly lifted her up and took her to the bedroom, placing her on the bed carefully.

In the meantime, Addu followed them to the room, fuming with anger.
Karan: Addu please. Can you leave us alone for sometime? I know you probably want to kill me right now, but please..
Addu clenched his fists and walked away, slamming the door behind him.
********

Karan held Tipsy's hand.. and moved her hand near his forehead, crying his heart out.
K: Yeh kya haal bana rakha hai tumne Tipsy? You helped me overcome my alcohol addiction. Tumne meri har ek buri aadat badal di. Tumne mujhe ek achha insaan banaya. Aur ab tum.. why did you do this to yourself Tipsy? Ek baar bhi mere baare mein nahi socha? Ek baar bhi yeh nahi socha ki mera kya hoga when I find out ki tum.. you know that I love you.. don't you? Tum jaanti ho sab kuch. Uske baad bhi tumne yeh sab kyun kiya?

Karan could feel Tipsy's hands moving.. he looked at her and she was wide awake. She looked weak and pale, but the affect of the alcohol seemed to be going away.

T: Mr.. Mr.Khanna *on the verge of crying*
She tried to get up and sit, to get a clear vision of Karan..
K: No Tipsy. Please lie down. You need to rest.
Knowing how stubborn Tipsy was, he knew she wouldnt listen to him, hence helped her sit in a comfortable position.

Tipsy looked at Karan and bursted out crying.. Karan immediately got up, sat near her and pulled her towards him. Their grip on each other tightened with each passing second. Tipsy buried her face onto Karan's shoulder and let out loud sobs. Her hands moved towards his hair... she gently ran her fingers through his hair, caressed his back and held onto him tight.



Part 2
After staying in the the same position for quite sometime, Karan broke the hug, wiped Tipsy's tears and told her to lie down as she needed rest.
T: I don't want to sleep Mr.Khanna. I'm scared..
K: Tipsy.. I'm here with you na. Pir kis baat ka darr?
T: What if you are no longer with me when I wake up? What if this turns out to be a dream? If this is a dream, I don't want this to get over. I don't want to lose you again Mr.Khanna. I.. I just can't afford to lose you.. *crying*
Saying that she hugged him as tightly as she could.

Karan rubbed her back and tried to comfort her.

K: Tipsy.. I'm here only. I promise you, I will never leave you again. You need rest for now.. tum so jaao, I promise I will be here right besides you, tumhara haath pakad ke. You trust your Mr.Khanna na?
T: Khud se zyada..

He helped her lie down, covered her with the duvet and held her hand, as promised. Karan couldn't help admiring Tipsy. Even in the drunk and weak state, she looked so innocent. Deep down, he cursed himself for putting her in this situation.. But now since Tipsy was right next to him, sleeping comfortably, Karan was hopeful that things would slowly fall into place. Little did he know that this was merely the calm before the storm.

*******
5 hours later..
Tipsy felt a nudge on her hand and she opened her eyes slowly, only to get shocked seeing Karan.
K: Wake up Tanpura... kitna sougi? Look what I've got for you.. tumhare chakkar mein I've become a chef, from a superstar. Who would have thought, 'THE KARAN KHANNA' would one day end up being a chef for his ladylove? You should consider yourself lucky haan. Sola somvaar ka vrat rakhti hai ladkiyaan mere kamre ki chaabi hasil karne ke liye.. yaad haina tumhe? *laughs*
Okay enough of the jokes now, utho lazy bum. You need to eat something. I've brought fresh lime juice for you. Gulp this down come on.

Karan cheerfully took the glass from the tray and moved it forward.
Seeing Tipsy's reluctant expression, Karan was unable to fathom what was wrong with her. He decided to make her drink the juice on his own.
K: Oh you want me to hold it for you and make you drink? Tanpura, mujhe nahi pata tha ki tum itni romantic ho. Romila ki yaad aagayi. *chuckles* Achha sorry baba. Yeh lo..

As soon as Karan brought the glass near her, Tipsy raised her hand, showing her palm, indicating Karan to stop.
T: Kya mazak laga rakha hai aapne?
K: Tipsy.. mai..samjha nahi. I was just trying to help..
T: Help? You were trying to help me? Agar aap sach mein meri help karna chahte hai na, toh please leave me alone. Just go away.
K: Tum aise kyun baat kar rahi ho? Kya hogaya hai? Look, I know you are upset with me, and tumhe poora haq hai naraz hone ka.. but..
T: Par kya? Yeh sab aapko mazaak lagta hai? Bohot maza aaraha hai aapko mere emotions ke saath khelte hue? Jab mann kiya tab I love you bol diya jab mann kiya chhodke chale gaye. Aap ke liye yeh sab bohot aasaan raha hoga karne ke liye but mere liye yeh sab sehna aasan nahi hai. And now you have come to repeat the same thing na? You will pretend to love me, care for me.. and as soon as I start believing you, you will leave me alone. How convenient na Mr.Khanna?
K: Tipsy.. tum galat samajh rahi ho..aisa nahi hai. Meri poori baat toh sun lo..
T: Kya sunana chahte hai aap mujhe? That you were bound by emotions isiliye you took the wrong decision? Aap itne pareshaan the aapko samajh nahi aaya kya karna chahiye uss waqt.. haina? Yehi sab batayenge na aap mujhe?
K: I never wanted to leave you.. You know that I love..
T: Please! Lets not go there Mr.Khanna. Waise toh you claimed that you loved me, but jis tarah aap ek jhatke mein mujhe chhod ke chale gaye, usse dekh kar lagta nahi ki aap mujhse pyaar karte hai. Because agar sach mein pyaar karte na, toh you wouldn't have left me alone.
K: I know.. but I really didn't know what to do Tipsy. Tum meri baat samajh kyun nahi rahi ho? *In a low voice*
T: You know what Mr.Khanna, uss din hospital mein jab aapne mujhse kaha that you will have to go, I felt as if the beautiful dream that I was living in had got over. Despite that, I remained strong and I told you "Its okay". But unfortunately, you failed to acknowledge the millions of emotions hidden behind my "Its okay". Hospital ke corridor mein jab hum dono alag alag raaste chalne lage, tab meine peeche mud kar dekha tha aapko. I had a feeling that you would turn back and come to me. Mujhe laga aap daud ke mere paas aayenge mujhe hug karenge aur bolenge I love you Tipsy, I want you to be with me in this difficult situation. But I was wrong. Meine shayad aapse kuch zyada hi expect karliya tha. I was such a fool.. *tears rolling down her eyes uncontrollably*
K: Tipsy.. I
T: No please, let me complete. If you had told me that you wanted some time to fix things, I would have understood Mr.Khanna. Mai khud aapka saath deti. I would have stood by you. I would have supported you. Itna hi thodi chahti hoon mai aapko Mr.Khanna. I had promised myself to stand by you; both in times of happiness and sadness. But maybe the feelings weren't mutual. I'm sorry to say this but you could've handled the situation maturely.. *wiping the tears* Oh I'm so stupid. Yeh kya baate lekar baith gayi mai. 3 mahine hogaye iss baat ko. Aapko shayad yaad bhi nahi hoga. But let me tell you Mr.Khanna.. I haven't forgotten. I can never forget how easily you left me and walked away. My whole life had come to a standstill after that.. I lost you.. I lost Amma.. I lost the two most important people in my life jinse mein sabse zyaada pyaar.. *breaks down*
K: WHAT? Am..Amma ko kya hua?
T: Kyun puch rahe ho aap? Aapko koi haq nahi hai jaanne ka. Jab mujhe aapki sabse zyada zarurat thi, tab aap nahi the mere paas. I needed you badly. I wanted you to be with me. I wanted you to comfort me. But then I remembered the day you left me. Aapko meri koi parwa hi nahi hai toh mai apne life ki details aapke saath share karke karti kya...
K: Tipsy I'm.. I'm so sorry. *crying* Mujhe nahi pata tha ki Amma..

Karan tried to hug Tipsy and console her but Tipsy moved back..
T: Leave me alone. Just go away.

********



Part 3
As soon as Karan left the room, Tipsy shut the door and locked it.
Pinning herself to the door, and falling to the floor, with her hands on her knees, she cried uncontrollably. She had caged all the emotions inside her all these days and so, she had to let it all out. Seeing Karan infront of her eyes after 3 whole months brought back so many bittersweet memories that she had thought of forgetting. Everytime she was reminded of the past and of Karan, she gulped down a whole bottle of alcohol, just to feel numb for sometime. She went against her own principles and moral values, and took the support of alcohol only because of Karan. This itself angered her even more.

Tipsy was so drained by the events of the day that she fell asleep while crying.. she woke up after hearing a few knocks on the door.

*door knocking*
T: One second..
T: Sherry tu? Tu aagayi Chennai se? Mujhe bataya bhi nahi..
S: You have started drinking again? Kuch dino ke liye mein tere saath, teri aankhon saamne nahi rahi toh tu pirse peene lag gayi? And what have you done to yourself? Yeh kya haal bana rakhi hai tune apni? And what is this?
*Gives her a sheet of paper*
T: Yeh kya hai?
S: Tu khud dekh.

Tipsy unfolded the letter and to her surprise, it was a letter written by Karan, for her.

"Dear Tanpura.. Tipsy,
I know you probably hate me now. And your hate is justified. I have wronged you. I have knowingly or unknowingly made a mockery out of our love. I am to blame. I've never been a good husband or a good father. And I failed to prove myself as a good lover. I'm a failure. I would have failed in being a human too if you had not entered my life as my saviour. I know this sounds dramatic, but I have no intention of being cheesy, just to impress you. I want you to know the real Karan Khanna. My feelings, everything. I used to hate you Tipsy, and even though I have already told you this 3 months ago, I want to repeat the whole thing again. Because what I feel for you, can never be confessed in a face to face conversation. Because its too deep and too special to be conveyed like that. You are my saviour.. For me, you are that light at the end of the tunnel people keep talking about. You have made me a better human being. You have introduced me to the real world. A world where emotions and love is a rare gift. You have healed me and brought me back to life, when I was only ruining it by my own hands. I have become loving, caring and understanding only because of you. You have brought back the human in me who had died long back. And I can't thank you enough for that. I had never thought that the counselor who I used to hate so much, would one day end up being the most important person in my life. I had never thought that I would fall for you Tipsy.. I love you more than anything and anyone in the whole world. You are my life. And it kills me to know that I am the reason behind the pain that you've been enduring. I have ruined your life. I know I have no right on you, and I have no right to ask you for a favour, but will you please give up drinking? Today when I first saw you with that whiskey bottle, my heart just sank. I was completely shattered inside, seeing you in that condition. You know what I had decided then? I had decided to become your deaddiction counselor, the way you were mine. I had decided to help you come out of that habit, just the way you helped me overcome my addiction. But, tum mujhse itna nafrat karti ho ki meri shakal bhi nahi dekhna chahti. When I think of it I realize it's only fair, because maybe I deserve it. I know I don't deserve forgiveness, and I probably shouldn't even be asking for it.. but I'm sorry Tipsy. I wouldn't ever wish to do anything that would you cause you even a bit of pain. Because I love you.. I really do.

Love always,
Your Mr.Khanna"

After reading the letter, Tipsy blankly sat on the bed, too shocked to react. Her eyes were watering and she was on the verge of breaking down.

S: Kya hua? Teri aankhon mein yeh aansu kaise? You hate Karan na? Then why did you get so affected reading the letter? You wanted him to leave.. chala gaya woh! Ab toh khush ho na?
T: Aisa nahi hai Sherry.. Meine toh bas gusse mein..
S: Please cut that out yaar. You were angry so you vented out your anger on him? Is that even a new thing? Oh I'm so surprised *fakes a shocked expression*. You have been doing the same thing ever since you have known Karan. It has always been YOU. Your feelings, your emotions, your values, your principles, your set of rules..
T: Sherry.. yeh kya bol rahi hai tu? Tujhe pata bhi hai Mr.Khanna ne kya kiya.. tu jaanti hai sab kuch.. pir bhi tu Mr.Khanna ka side le rahi hai?
S: If you call this taking sides then yeah, I'm taking his side. I'm with him. Because I know the whole story. Tujhe nahi pata hai. You have always treated him badly, and I know, his behaviour wasnt good either, initially.
T: What story? Tu yeh kya bol rahi hai please tell me everything. *wiping her tears*
S: Do you even know kya hua ussdin after you decided to leave Mahabaleshwar after that jail incident? Mai gayi thi Karan ke kamre mein.. meine Karan ko bohot kuch sunaya, and then I left the room. I supported you then, because Karan galat tha tab. But then he changed himself. He changed every bad thing in him for you. You think Amma came to Mahabaleshwar because of a lucky draw thing?
T: Haan woh..
S: No! You are wrong. Karan ne Vishal ko phone karke sab kuch arrange kiya. Because he knew it was Amma's birthday. He knew how happy you'd be, seeing Amma. He wanted to rectify his mistakes and make you happy. He did everything possible to make that happen. He organized that birthday party for Amma, not just to impress you, but because he genuinely cared for Amma. He cleared out your loan, because he really wanted to help you and Amma. But tune kya kiya? Tune sirf apne baare mein socha. Kitna kuch sunaaya Karan ko.. but still, when you were lying unconscious in the car, he didn't think about his ego even once. He went out of his way to help you, he saved your life.. And hospital mein..
T: Kya hua hospital mein..




Part 4
T: Sherry kya hua hospital mein? Tu aise chup chaap kyun khadi hai bata mujhe kya hua tha hospital mein..
S: When you were lying unconscious on the bed in the ambulance, Karan had held your hand throughout the journey to the hospital. I have never seen him so vulnerable and afraid. He looked like a kid who was afraid of being taken away from his mother. He looked as if he wanted to scream and cry.. but he had suppressed his emotions. He pretended to be strong.. but
T: *moist eyes and voice almost shaking* Par kya Sherry..
S: But when the doctors said that the chances of your survival are less, He broke down. He begged the doctors to try their best and save your life.. he confessed that he loved you and that you were the most special person in his life, sabke saamne. When you were kept under observation, he sat next to you the whole time, holding your hand and crying. I've witnessed his pain and love. I've heard him crying... I've heard him telling you to be strong, fight and come back, for him. You were in the hospital for three days, and 3 din tak Karan ne na kuch theek se khaaya, na kisise kuch baat ki. He had completely isolated himself.. he had disconneted himself from the world. He spent long long hours by your side, narrating weird incidents and cracking funny and lame jokes, with the hope that you would get up and say Behave Mr.Khanna. Yes, that's what he wanted to hear. He loved you a lot Tipsy. And this is the truth. 3 mahine pehele jo bhi hua woh galat tha. But what's Karan's fault in that you tell me? Prabhood uncle had given Radhika aunty and Trisha’s responsibility to Karan. He was just fulfilling his responsibility. That doesn't mean he had decided to choose his previous life and start over again.. Karan is immature, but tu toh samajhdaar haina. Tu toh sab kuch samajhne wali disciplined, sensible, mature Tipsy hai na? Pir kyun nai diya Karan ka saath? Kyun nahi trust kiya Karan pe? Kyun nahi trust kiya apne pyaar pe?
T: *crying* I know Sherry. I know Mr.Khanna loves me a lot. Maine gusse mein pata nahi kya kya soch liya.. and kya kya bol diya Mr.Khanna ko. I said such mean things to him. Unhe kuch bolne ka mauka bhi nahi diya meine.. Mr.Khanna was wrong. He has not failed me. I have failed him. Sab meri galati hai.
S: Abhi bhi der nahi hui hai Tipsy.. please go and meet Karan. Tell him that you love him. You need to clear things out.. you both are meant to be, you need to be together. Fight for your love Tipsy, get him back. I'm with you..
T: Sherry.. Thank you.. thank you so much! Aaj tu nai hoti toh pata nahi kya hota.. thank you..
S: Arree pagal hai kya behen! Mujhe thanks bolegi? And I'm sorry haan meine tujhe itna kuch sunaya. But once in a while, chalta hai.. haina? *winking*
T: Haan.. *in a low voice*
S: Uff meri senti kumari, chal ab hug de jaldi se.
*both Tipsy and Sherry hugged*
S: Ab tu jaldi se tayyaar ho jaa! Aise jaayegi kya Karan ke ghar pe? Tujhe dekh ke darr ke bhaag jaayega Karan! Kitni darawni lag rahi hai tu iss waqt behen..
T: Sherryyyyyy
S: Achha sorry..chal


2 hours later
Tipsy reached Karan's mansion and memories flashed across her eyes.. Karan and Tipsy's first proper encounter.. their first proper meeting. How he made fun of her name.. and how he called her 'Aunty'. She used to hate him as much as he hated her, but destiny had already planned something beautiful for them. Fate had brought them together and there was no looking back now.

After entering the house, Tipsy descended the stairs and looked around the hall.. it was the same place where they discussed about Karan's alcohol addiction.. their first official meeting..
she smiled remembering that..

"Aap, yaha?"

Tipsy turned around and found Trisha standing infront of her with a huge smile on her face.

Ti: Hii Trisha..

Trisha came to Tipsy and hugged her..

Tr: I'm so glad to see you here.. Mr.Khanna ko aapki bohot zarurat hai..
Ti: Meri absence mein I hope you took good care of him Trisha..
Tr: I wish I could.. *teary eyed* but he didn't let anyone go near him. He had completely isolated himself.. He used to lock himself inside the room for days.. and
Ti: And? *in a nervous tone*
Tr: Aapko pata chal jaayega.. once you enter his room.

Saying this she left, wiping her tears..

Tipsy's heartbeat started increasing with each step she took towards Karan's room. She just wanted to hug him and tell him that she loved him..

Tipsy knocked on the door after reaching Karan's room.. there was no reply from his side.
T: Mr.. Mr.Khanna, it's me. Please darwaza kholiye.. open the door, I need to talk to you.. please.

Karan immediately opened the door..
Tipsy's heart skipped a beat seeing Karan. His eyes were red, making it clear that he had been crying since a long time.. his eyes were a bit puffy and swollen..
Realization dawned upon Karan that he was in a mess right now and Tipsy had seen him in that vulnerable state. Not wanting to upset her anymore, he moved inside the room and wiped the tears away.

Tipsy moved in and closed the door, when she turned around and had a proper look at the room, she was shocked to see the room filled with hundreds of alcohol bottles. She had assumed that he had consumed the liquor, but then, the bottles were untouched.

T: Mr.Khanna.. yeh sab.. yeh sab kya hai?
K: Meine tumse vaada kiya tha ki mai kabhi sharaab nahi piyunga. I stuck to my promise. Whenever I felt depressed, angry, frustrated and sad, I used to keep one one bottle aise.. thats how this room is full of these bottles. I thought aise karne se tum lautke wapas aaogi mere paas, to help me get rid of this problem again.. *breaks down*

Unable to control any further, Tipsy ran towards Karan and hugged him from behind. She encircled her arms around Karan and hugged him as tight as she could. Karan immediately turned around. Tipsy loosened her grip, looked at Karan and threw her arms around his neck again. She dug her face onto his shoulder and let out loud cries.

They both stayed in the same position for a few minutes.

Karan pulled back from the hug, held Tipsy's hand
K: I love you Tanpura. I love you.. *with tears in his eyes*
T: I love you too.. I love you too, KARAN.
K: Karan smiled through his tears, and he blushed, making Tipsy smile a bit.
T: I'm sorry.. Mr.Khanna.. meine aapko itna kuch suna diya. *on the verge of crying*
*Karan puts a finger on her lips*
K: Sshhh! You don't need to say sorry. Meri bhi galati hai. I'm sorry too. I'm sorry for everything.
*Tipsy repeated the same thing Karan did. She put a finger on his lips and mimed a shhhh*

******

Karan cupped Tipsy's face and pressed his lips on her forehead, giving her a tender yet loving kiss, letting her know how much he loved her.

After the kiss, they shared an eyelock, and embraced each other yet again, with the promise of never parting ways.




Part 5

*knock knock*

The knock on the door brought back Karan and Tipsy from their dream world to the real world. The two lovebirds who were so engrossed in each other lost the track of time and thus had been staying in the same position for several minutes. But they had no regrets or whatsoever. Because for them, time or any other factor didn’t matter as much as each others presence mattered.

Karan and Tipsy broke the hug and wiped each others tears. Their eyes reflected love, care and longing. Karan couldn’t help but notice the twinkle in Tipsy’s eyes when she smiled ever so lovingly.

“See I wasn’t wrong. When you smile, your eyes smile too. And that’s the most genuine form of a smile ever.”

“You are the reason behind this genuine smile Mr.Khanna. You are the reason behind all the genuine/real happiness that I have ever received. Because you are my life. My world, and the biggest source of joy and happiness for me.”

*knock knock*

“Arre yaar who is this impatient person.. ruko yaar.”

Tipsy smiled through her tears hearing Karan’s comment. “He looks so cute when he gets upset.” She thought.

Karan unwillingly opened the door. Trisha and Sherry were standing at the door making grumpy faces.

T: “What is this Mr.Khanna?! Now since your Tipsy is here, I have become less important to you na?”
K: “Pagal hai kya tu? Aisa bilkul nahi hai.. I was just.. I mean we were..I mean I wanted some time to.. “
T: “Oh.. humne aap dono ko disturb kiya na.. Sorry”
K: “Shutup yaar what is wrong with you! Achha leave it. Come inside and tell me itni zor se knock kyu kar rahe the tum log. And Sherry, what a pleasent surprise. I’m so happy to see you.”
S: “Same here Mr.Khanna. I never thought I would say this..but I actually missed you! I miss the Mahabaleshwar days.”
K: “Yes I miss those days too. But now you wait and watch how I bring back those days.”


“Sherry, tu yaha”

Tipsy walked towards the three of them and took Sherry in a sisterly embrace. After Karan and her separation, it was Sherry who took care of her considering her to be as delicate and fragile as a baby. She had knowingly or unknowingly helped her so much.. “If it wasn’t for Sherry, I wouldn’t have been able to witness this day.” Tipsy thought and broke the hug.

“Sherry, I can’t thank you enough for all that you’ve done for me.”

“Oh my senti behen! You don’t need to thank me ha! Itni formal mat ban! And by the way, Iska hisaab me barabar karke rahungi.. “

“Huh?”

“Just kidding yaar.. I love you”

“I love you too”


Seeing the sisterly bonding, Trisha got emotional and hugged Karan with tears in her eyes.

“Ab tujhe kya hua?”

“I’m so happy to see you smiling Mr.Khanna. It’s been ages since I saw you this way.. “

“Arre you should be happy na then?! Why are you crying? Yaar I can’t handle tum sabke aansu.. please stop crying.”


Tipsy placed her hand on Trisha’s head

“Trisha..”

Trisha broke the hug and faced Tipsy

“Stop crying Trisha.. You can’t even imagine how much your Mr.Khanna loves you. Tum unki zindagi ho. You were his reason to live when he had nobody. You are very special okay. And special logon ke aankho me aansu, achhe nahi lagte.”

Tipsy moved closer to Trisha and wiped her tears gently.

“And Trisha.. thank you! Thank you for taking care of my Life.”

“Jii?”

“Mr.Khanna. Woh mere zindagi hai.”

“Aww you don’t need to thank me for that. I was just fulfilling my responsibility And you know na, I love him.”

“I’m so happy to hear that. Stay happy always.”


Sherry: Okay now come on everyone. You guys are so emotional. Senti kumari’s! Emotional hona band karo and tell me who’s in for a group hug?


“MEEE”

Karan, Tipsy and Trisha said in unision.


******

K: *clears throat* Umm, ab toh group hug bhi ho gaya, we’ve all confronted each other.. toh can I..?
S: Can I what Mr.Khanna? Ab kya karna baaki reh gaya hai? *smiling*
K: Can I take Tipsy with me? I need to take her somewhere.. *grinning*
S: Mr.Khanna aap blush kar rahe ho? Aisi kaunsi jagah leke jaana chahte ho Tipsy ko? Hume bhi bataiye! We deserve to know..
K: Nahi bata sakta yaar samjha karo! It’s a surprise for your behen! *winking at Tipsy*


Tipsy who was silently watching them had no idea of Karan’s plans. She was as clueless as Trisha and Sherry.

Ti: What surprise Mr.Khanna?! Bataiye na please
K: Don’t you know the meaning of ‘surprise’?
Ti: Ofcourse I know but..
K: Haan toh! Tum chup raho bas!

“And listen you two, I’m taking her with me. Bye!”


Karan grabbed Tipsy’s hand and moved out of the room, with a wide grin plastered on his face.


*******


In the car:

“Mr.Khanna, where are we going? It’s been 2 hours since we’ve been sitting aise.”

“Sabr ka phal meetha hota hai.”

“That’s not an answer.. bataiye na please. I’m tired of sitting in the same position.”

“Hum bas pohochne wale hai yaar.. “

“Kab? Andhera hone wala hai.. “

“Just a few minutes more..please’



****

Worli Sea Face, 6:15PM

As soon as the car came to a hault, Tipsy breathed a sigh of relief.. Karan got out of the car first and held the door open for her. She glanced at the view infront of her and was awestruck by the beauty of it.

“Ab bolo..”

“Mr.Khanna yeh.. it’s so beautiful. Aapko kaise pata mujhe sunsets pasand hai?”

“Don’t underestimate me okay. I know you more than anyone in the world. Mujhe kaise nahi pata hoga.. ab chodo yeh sab and chalo, let’s sit on the bench.”

(Usko chupa kar mai sabse kahi..le chalu kahin door..Aankhon ke pyaalo se peeta rahu, uske chehre ka noor)

Karan placed his hand on her shoulder and took her to the bench, making her sit comfortably.



*******

“Tanpura, mai abhi aaya”

“Kaha jaa rahe ho aap.. yaha baithiye na please.. I want to enjoy this view with you.. “

“I’ll be back in a minute, I promise.”


*****


Tipsy felt a tap on her shoulder and she immediately turned around to see Karan, who had a shawl in his hand.

Karan covered Tipsy with the shawl and sat down next to her.

“Aap kitna kuch karte hai mere liye Mr.Khanna.. mere bina kuch kahe aap sab kuch samajh jaate hai. Why do you love me so much?”

“Why shouldn’t I love you SO much?.. and ab please baate karna band karo, I want you to enjoy this moment to the fullest. I want this moment to be etched in your memory forever. Tumhare chehre par yeh smile laane ke liye I can and will do anything and everything it takes.”

“Aapke saath bitaya hua har moment mere liye special hai. Aapke saath se zyada mere liye koi bhi cheez matter nahi karti. I just need you. Nothing and no one else.”

Tipsy held Karan’s hand, placed her head on his shoulder and looked at the sun disappearing into the horizon, taking with it the beautiful colours that made the sky look magnificent and ethereal.

“You know Mr.Khanna.. there is a quote that says sunsets are proof that endings can be beautiful too. But today’s sunset has marked a new beginning of my life. It has given me a reason to live.. a reason to smile. It has shown me the possibilities and opportunities. It has shown me a glimpse of a happy life with you.”

“You are right Tipsy.. from today onwards, infact from now onwards, I’ll make sure that you always keep smiling the way you are smiling now. I will never let a single tear fall from your beautiful eyes. Those tears are way too precious to be wasted like that. Jab tak meri saanse chalegi, mai tumhe humesha khush rakhunga.. tumhe humesha pyaar karunga.. tumhari saari wishes poori karunga.. Agar mujhe kuch ho gaya aur mai tumhare saath nahi raha toh bhi mai..

“Shhhh”

Tipsy placed her index finger on Karan’s lips.

“Aisa kabhi mat kahiyega pir. I need you by my side always. I can’t even imagine my life without you Mr.Khanna.”


Karan held Tipsy’s hand and placed a peck on the back of her hand.

“Okay now time for the second and last surprise.”

“Ek aur surprise? Now what is it Mr.Khanna?”


Karan reached the pocket of his shirt and took out a mini box. He slowly opened the box and to Tipsy’s surprise, it was a diamond ring.

“Kaisa laga mera surprise?”

Tipsy was too stunned to react.

“Uss din Mahabaleshwar mein jab hum dono bilkul aise bench pe baithe the, tab mai tumhe woh ring pehnana chahta tha. I really wanted to put that ring on your finger and tell you that I loved you. But mai..”

“Toh aapne pehnaai kyu nahi Mr.Khanna?”

“I know this would sound stupid but that was your Appa’s ring.. mere dimaag mein ulte seedhe khayal aa rahe the.. Mujhe laga mai tumhara bhai ban jaaunga ya aisa kuch ho jaayega.. I swear Tipsy, maine Vishal ko bhi bola tha.. and.. I just didn’t know what to do”

Tipsy had a blank expression on her face. She wanted to laugh at the cuteness and innocence of Karan.. but the memories of the hurt and despair that followed after Karan gave her the ring flashed across her eyes, making her upset.

“Tum chup kyu ho.. say something na.. “

“Aapko pata hai Mr.Khanna, I actually wanted you to put that ring on my finger. When you held my hand and when you took out the ring, I really thought as if all my dreams and wishes were going to come true. I was so hopeful that you would put it on my finger and free me of all the worries and confusion. You can’t imagine how nervous yet happy I was.“


Karan was speechless. He had no idea that Tipsy had feelings for him then.

“I’m sorry Tipsy.. I’m really sorry. Kaash mai woh ring tumhe pehnata.. things would have been so different then.”

“It’s okay Mr.Khanna.. I understand your reasons. Aapko sorry bolne ki koi zarurat nahi hai.”


******


Karan held Tipsy’s hand and was just about to put the ring on her finger when Tipsy stopped him.

“Mr.Khanna ek minute..”

“Kya hua Tipsy?”

“I want you to hear me out before putting the ring of my finger.. please.”

“Haan bolo..”

“Mr.Khanna, I had never thought that you would become this important to me. I used to hate you. I used to hate you the most. When I first got to know that I was being assigned as your counsellor, I was so angry. Mujhe bohot gussa aaya. I didn’t even want to face you let alone work with you. I couldn’t tolerate you for a single minute. I always considered you as the most annoying and sadistic person I had ever met...But then, my perspective changed when I saw you with Trisha. That’s when I realized that you’ve got two sides to you too. You were a totally different person with Trisha. A person who was caring, loving and sensitive. A person who would move heaven and earth for the sake of his daughter. I was so touched by your love for her Mr.Khanna.”

K: *smiling* Tipsy tum abhi yeh sab..

T: Please let me complete Mr.Khanna! Please..

“Okay.. go on”

“Haan.. And then that incident occured.. Jab Romila ne mujhe.. when I saw the CCTV footage of that night, I was speechless Mr.Khanna. I didn’t know how to react. Maine kabhi nahi socha tha ki aap mere liye.. you saved my life Mr.Khanna. I felt indebted to you for life. And then.. uss raat when I went to your room to check your BP, when you were advising Trisha about love, tab aapki baate sun kar mujhe realize hua that I had started falling for you. I wanted that feeling to go away. Honestly, I felt bad for feeling that way. Because I thought that was wrong. But I couldn’t help it. That feeling was so strong that it overpowered my otherwise strong willpower, beliefs and principles. I couldn’t help falling for you. It was as if I was being pulled towards you forcefully. As if there was a thread that kept connecting me to you, not letting me drift away. I felt so powerless and helpess. I wanted to let you know everything, Mr.Khanna. But I was too nervous to tell you. I didn’t want to make a fool out of myself. Isiliye I was waiting for you to take the initiative. You kept telling Romila that you loved me. I wanted to believe you, but I didn’t want to be proved wrong and get heartbroken in the end. I wanted you to tell me. I wanted you to confess everything to me. And that’s the reason why I kept questioning you that night, on the bench. When you placed the ring on my palm, I felt as if someone had slapped me hard on my face. I felt as if my soul was being detached from my body. I felt like a living corpse derived of emotions and feelings. I was totally numb then, unable to feel a thing. Because I was too shocked. But now I’ve understood your reasons for doing that. And trust me Mr.Khanna, I have no complaints... What I’m trying to tell you is that I have loved you all this while. I have loved you so much. You know Mr.Khanna, our seperation had left me shattered, yet again. I couldn’t bear your absence. Everyday I used to wake up with the hope that you would come to me and sab pehele jaisa ho jaayega. I have craved for your love and affection so badly. I have craved for your presence. Amma ke jaane ke baad aur bhi akeli pad gayi thi mai. Mai aapko phone karke sab kuch batana chahti thi. I wanted you to be there for me. I needed you to console me. I needed you so badly. But mai chah kar bhi aapko bata nahi payi...I have already lost the two most important people of my life, Mr.Khanna. My parents. Now you are the only special person left in my life. And I don’t want to lose you. Isiliye kabhi mujhse door jaane ki baat mat kijiye. Mai aapko kabhi khud se door nahi jaane dungi. You are my world. And I really really love you Karan. I will keep loving you for the rest of my life.”


Karan could feel his eyes moistening. He couldn’t hold the tears captivated in his eyes anymore. With just a blink, the tears made its way across his face.

“You know what Tipsy, being loved by you makes me feel like the luckiest man on earth. Your love itself is a treasure and a blessing. And I love you..I will always do.”

Tipsy smiled and wiped Karan’s tears. She stood up a little and placed a kiss on Karan’s forehead.

Karan held Tipsy’s hand and slipped the diamond ring onto her ring finger.

“Now the ring is in its right place.”

“Now my finger looks complete.”


Both laughed in unision and hugged each other as tightly as they could.


The moon and stars twinkled and shined brighter than ever, as if they too wanted to be a part of the lovebirds reunion and celebration.

© 2017 Nadhuha Nazeer


Author's Note

Nadhuha Nazeer
Please ignore the grammar mistakes.
Criticism/advices/suggestions would be welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Seriously amazing 💫 such professionalism in writing ♥️

Posted 6 Years Ago


Doesn't seem like your first writing...cool story sakdhu ❤️

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2284 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2017
Last Updated on October 22, 2017
Tags: #fanfiction #arika #ktbm

Author

Nadhuha Nazeer
Nadhuha Nazeer

Addu City, Maldives



About
An imperfect human being dealing with the very imperfect life. more..

Writing
RaYa OS RaYa OS

A Story by Nadhuha Nazeer