RaYa OS

RaYa OS

A Story by Nadhuha Nazeer
"

Bade acche lagte hai.. yeh dharti, yeh nadiya, yeh raina..aur tum

"
Part 1

With "Just re-married" written on a huge heart plastered on the front of the car, the newly re-married couple enjoyed their drive to the airport; laughing, joking and arguing over petty issues, just the way they had always been doing. Because, what can define Ram and Priya other than their famous banter and nok jhoks?

P: Achha listen Mr.Kapoor, abse aapko strict dieting karni padegi, exercise karni padegi.. I want you to become fit.
R: Yeh kya baat hui yaar? Just sometime ago tum kuch aur bol rahi thi aur ab kuch aur bol rahi ho.
P: Haan toh?! Fit rehene ke liye zaruri nahi ki aap ko patla hona padega. You can stay fit and healthy even while being a golu. Samjhe? *slightly hitting ram with her elbow*
R: Arree! Mai kuch nahi jaanta, koi dieting veiting nahi follow karunga mai. I follow my strict wife, isn't that enough? *winking*
P: Shuru hogaye aap! Mai kuch nahi sunne wali Mr.Kapoor, aapko meri baat maanni padegi.
R: Kya zabardasti hai yaar.. nahi maanunga mein! Kya kar logi tum? And yeh kya zidd laga rakhi hai tumne aaj?
P: Zidd toh hai.. aapko poori bhi karni padegi.
*Ram didn't respond, he got lost in thoughts*
P: Kya hua? Chup kyun hogaye?
R: Kuch nahi.. I just remembered something.
P: Kya?
R: Uss din..
P: What uss din? Batayenge bhi..
R: Humari peheli holi..
*Priya's cheeks turned crimson red upon hearing that*
R: Uss din bhi tumne aise hi zidd kiya and..
P: And aapne meri zidd poori ki, jaise humesha karte aaye hai. *in a low voice*
R: Haan, kyunki I've always been a great husband. *pulling his collar*
P: Please haan Mr. Kapoor, I clearly remember kya hua tha uss din. Aisa nahi ki meine zidd ki aur aapne ekdum se maan liya. I had to emotionally blackmail you and convince you!
R: Haan theek hai theek hai.. but listen
P: Haan..
R: I wish we could travel back to those days.. those were the best days of my life.
P: Aane wala kal, usse bhi zyada khoobsurat hoga..aap dekhna..

Saying this she moved towards Ram and rested her head on his shoulder, reminiscing the good old days.



Part 2


2 hours later..

P: Mr.Kapoor, we have reached the airport lekin hum jaa kaha rahe hai?
R: Mujhe kya pata yaar.. Khush said na the tickets are kept in the car! Dhundo na please Priya.. mai thak gaya hoon!
P: Aap bhi na Mr.Kapoor!

After searching for quite sometime, Priya found the two tickets, along with a note. She immediately recalled the honeymoon tickets and "aage kab badhoge" note given by Vikram and Neha to both of them.
With moist eyes, and a little smile on her face, she glanced at the note which had "Enjoy your honeymoon, Mom and Dad" written on it.. She then checked the tickets and was totally taken aback when she realised that their second honeymoon destination was going to be Sydney (Australia), yet again.
"I'm going to leave no stone unturned in making this honeymoon special for the both of us, especially for you Mr.Kapoor" Priya thought to herself.

Noticing the blush on her face, Ram questioned..
R: Priya.. kya hua tumhe? Kya likha hai ticket mein? Aisa kya padh liya jiski wajah se tum itna sharma rahi ho?
P: Yeh tickets..
R: Kyaaa?
P: Yeh Australia ke tickets hai Mr.Kapoor. Australia..

A smile formed on Ram's lips as soon as he heard "Australia". He zoned out and remembered their first honeymoon. The awkwardness between them, the formation of their bond of friendship.. and the misunderstanding between them because of Apeksha... A lot had happened during those 10 days, which made them discover a whole new world and experience a plethora of emotions.

The thought of getting to spend time with each other at the place that marked the beginning of their love, made Ram and Priya blush and grin. They managed to hide their grinning faces from each other, also silently praying for the coming days to fill their lives with joy and happiness. In short, they prayed for the aane wala kal to be khoobsurat, as they had expected.



15 hours later..
After a 10hour flight and a 5 hour drive, Ram and Priya reached Park Hyatt hotel; the same hotel they had stayed during their first honeymoon.
They were grandly welcomed by the staff and managment of the 5 star hotel. Soon after the welcome, they were accompanied to their presidential suite.

******
3:00AM

P: Mr.Kapoor its 3AM and I'm unable to sleep. Maybe because itne dino ke baad nayi jagah pe aayi hoon na shayad isiliye. And mujhe pata nahi kyun woh story yaad aagayi, which you narrated years ago.
R: Kaunsi story Priya.. *In a sleepy voice*
P: Arree don't tell me that you've forgotten. Woi, bhoot wali..
Hearing that, Ram opened his eyes all of a sudden. With a naughty grin on his face, he took out his phone.

*hoooouuu*

"MR. KAPOOOOR"

Priya screamed as loudly as she could and clung onto Ram.
R: Kya hua Priya? Tum itna darr kyun gayi? Don't tell me ki tumhe pirse aawaaze sunai dene lagi.
P: Haaaan.. I heard something Mr.Kapoor.. it was scary. Aapko sunai nahi diya?
R: Mujhe kuch sunai nahi diya.. you've held me so tightly! Mai saans nahi le paa raha hoon, how can I concentrate on sounds? *giggling*
P: I'm scared Mr.Kapoor, and you are joking.. mujhe sach mein darr lag raha hai. Pichli baar bhi the same thing happened with me. I heard the sound of footsteps and.. *started crying*
R: Arree tum ro kyu rahi ho?! Achha sorry baba! That was me. I just wanted to scare....
P: Aapne? I don't believe this Mr.Kapoor! Mujhe darane ke liye aap yeh sab... You know what, mujhe aapse baat hi nahi karni.
Saying this she let go of Ram and moved to her side of the bed, turning her back towards Ram.
R: Sorryyyy yaar Priya. Aage se kabhi nahi karunga aisa. I promise.
P: Nahi chahiyeh mujhe aapke promises, I don't believe you!
R: Achha tumhara wala pakka promise. *slightly pinching his neck*

Priya unwillingly turned and looked at Ram.. "Mr.Kapoor looks so cute while doing that", Priya thought! She blushed and went near Ram, placed her head near his chest and encircled her arm around him. Ram placed a light kiss on her head, before drifting off to sleep.



10 AM
The light peeping from the curtains, brightened up the entire room, disturbing Priya's sleep and waking her up. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at Ram who was in a deep slumber. She then took off her arm from Ram's chest, lifted herself up, gathered her hair, brought it on one side and slightly moved towards Ram, pressing her lips against his forehead, followed by whispering "good morning", before she left to the washroom to freshen up.

After 20mins, Priya emerged from the washroom, all decked up, looking like a goddess like she always did. She had worn a simple red saree..her trademark red bindi and kohled eyes added to her beauty and made her look even more gorgeous than she already was. With a towel in her hand, she quickened to dry up her wet hair when something struck her.
With an evil smile and a blush on her face, she went near Ram, sat on the bed next to him and moved her hair near Ram's face, letting the water droplets fall on his face.

Irritated by Priya's tactics, Ram covered his face with a pillow and let out a deep sigh!

P: Uthiye na Mr.Kapoor. Its going to be 11! How much will you sleep? Wake up lazy bum!
R: Sone dona Priya! Kal raat tumhare chakkar mein so nahi paaya mai. Ab toh sone do.
P: Kya bol rahe ho aap? Meine kya kiya?

When Ram didn't answer, Priya knew that he drifted off to sleep again. Thinking of letting him sleep for a few more minutes, Priya went to the hall, to check the menu and order breakfast.


11:15AM
P: Mr.Kapoor, please wake up. I have already ordered for breakfast, you please freshen up now!
Mr.Kapooooor!
R: Haaan! Jaa raha hoon yaar!

Ram lazily got up from bed, and had a look at Priya.
R: Priya, tumne saree peheni hai?
P: Haan, kyu? Achhi nahi lag rahi hoon? *in a low voice*
R: Nahi, you are looking very beautiful, humesha ki tarah, lekin we are in Australia, you could've worn a western outfit, it would be more easy to carry off, since we'd be out most of the times; sightseeing!
P: I'm most comfortable in sarees, you know that na? Toh kya hua if we've come to a foreign country, I can still stick to my desi clothes and style.. can't I? Aap chinta mat kijiye. I'll be fine, mai sambhal lungi. And if I feel uncomfortable, I'll wear a kurti or something, okayy?
R: Okay! As you wish..

Saying this, he went to the washroom to freshen up.

After sometime, when he came out of the washroom, Priya couldn't help staring at her Golu husband, who looked extremely dashing and handsome, even at this age.
Wearing a yellow T shirt and pants, with his hair still wet and messy, Ram walked towards Priya, who was already admiring him from a distance.
R: Aise kyun dekh rahi ho?
P: Kuch nahi... Achhe lag rahe ho aap! You should wear T shirts more often, instead of your boring plain suits. T shirts suits you more.
R: Mai T shirts isliye nahi pehenta hoon because I don't want you to lose your husband..
P: What do you mean Mr.Kapoor? Mai aapko chod ke kahi nahi jaane wali..and aap bhi mujhe chod ke kahi nahi jaa sakte.
R: Uff ruko yaar! I was saying, agar mai itna achha dikhne lagunga toh chances are that I might get stolen by someone.. *winking*
P: *laughing* buddhe hogaye ho aap! You are a senior citizen now, bhool gaye?
R: Stop it yaar.. so what if I am a senior citizen? I can still have an affect on people by my charm.. can't I?
Saying this, he moved towards Priya.. and Priya immediately got conscious. Even after all these years of marriage, the close proximity between Ram and her still increases her heartbeats and makes her blush.

P: Mr.Kapooor.. subeh subeh yeh kya kar rahe ho aap?

Ram didn't say a word. He stood behind Priya and hugged her, holding her waist securely and resting his chin on her shoulder.

R: Apni biwi ke saath romance kar raha hoon. Tumhe koi problem hai?
P: Humaari umr ab yeh sab karne ki nahi rahi hai Mr.Kapoor! Chodiye mujhe!

Just when Ram was about to say something, the door bell rang.
P: Breakfast aagaya!

Saying this Priya managed to escape from Ram's grip. She quickly adjusted her saree and went to open the door, with a shy smile on her face.





Part 3

1:30PM
New South Wales, Australia

R: Priya aur kitni der lagegi? We've been driving from the past 2hours. And where are we going?
P: Wait na Mr.Kapoor! Aapko pata chal jaayega.
R: Abhi kyu nahi bata sakti tum? *frowning*
P: Because its a surprise. *grinning*
R: Yaar Priya you know that I don't like surprises. Abhi thodi der pehele tum mujhse keh rahi thi ki humari umr ab yeh sab karne ki nahi rahi hai.. I agree with that! Surprise vurprise chodo aur mujhe batao ki hum jaa kaha rahe hai? Also, its almost lunch time, mujhe bhook lagi hai.
P: Arreey! Abhi toh breakfast kiya, you are hungry again?
R: Haaaan!
P: Abhi kuch nahi milne wala aapko, aap chup chap good boy ki tarah baithiye aur wait kijiye!
R: *mimicked her by making funny faces*
P: Mr.Kapooor! I saw that! Achha, hum lunch karne jaayenge, after this. Okay?

Priya noticed the irritated expression on Ram's face.
"I know you are upset, but mujhe poora bharosa hai ki jab aap meri surprise dekhoge, tab instead of the irritated expression, I would get to see a smiling you". And I can't wait to see that smile and twinkle of happiness in your eyes." Priya thought to herself.


After a further 30mins drive, they reached the seaplane base in Port Macquarie. Memories started flashing across Priya's eyes as she stepped out of the car and looked around the place. Ram on the other hand was in a complete shock, he surely was surprised, and happy. And Priya could finally see the joy and happiness written on his face.
R: Priya tum mujhe yaha.. This was your surprise?
P: Haan.. I knew coming here would make you happy. Mai bas aapki chehre pe yeh muskan aur aankhon mein yeh khushi dekhna chahti thi.
*Ram holds Priya's hand*
R: Tum kitna kuch karti ho mere liye Priya.. How can I thank you?
P: Sirf aapke liye thodi Mr.Kapoor, Mai aapko yaha isiliye laai hoon taki hum dubhara seaplane ride experience kar paaye, like before. And I know, this time it would be different. Na mujhe darr lagega, na aapko. Because hum ek dusre ke saath hai. You are my strength.. aapke rehte hue mujhe kabhi kisi cheez se darr nahi lag sakta Mr.Kapoor.
R: You are my strength too! And I will always protect you and guard you with my life..
P: *whispered a thank you*
R: I should be thanking you..
P: Nahi Mr.Kapoor! Okay now enough of the thank you's, jis kaam ke liye yaha aaye hai woh toh karrle.. lets gooo
*Priya held Ram's arm and took him to board the seaplane*


After a few mins, the seaplane was up in the air and both Ram and Priya enjoyed the heavenly view from above. They could see hundreds of safari's and ships from above...and the city, mountains, the busy roads, the vehicles, everything looked unreal.
R: Priya look! Sydney Opera house..tumhe yaad hai uss din?
P: Ofcourse yaad hai mujhe, How can I forget? Itne interesting play ke beech mein aap sogaye the Mr.Kapoor, how can you even do that?
R: Kya khaak interesting tha woh! It was so boring!
P: Please yaar Mr.Kapoor!
R: It was boring! I don't know why you like such boring stuff!
P: Mr.Kapooor! Aaj ke din bhi you are fighting with me..
R: Haan toh?! You started..
P: No! Aapne start kiya..
R: Timeout! Let me enjoy the views now.

Priya couldn't help looking at Ram, who looked like an excited baby while enjoying the views. From the corner of his eyes, Ram noticed Priya looking at him. And he turned to face her.
R: Priya look at the views from the window na meri taraf kyun dekh rahi ho! You are going to regret it haan, you are going to miss some amazing and beautiful views.
P: I'm already looking at my favourite view!
R: What? Uff tum bhi na, always beating around the bush!
Saying this he turned around again..
P: "Yes Mr.Kapoor, aapke muskuraate hue chehre se zyada mere liye kuch bhi maine nahi rakhti.. "

A lone tear escaped from her eye and before Ram could notice it, she wiped it away and moved closer to Ram, holding his arm and resting her head on his shoulder as usual, to get lost in the moment.
R: Priya tum theek ho na? Kya hua?
P: Kuch nahi hua Mr.Kapoor! Please let me be like this for sometime na?

Ram whispered 'okay' and pressed his lips againts her head.



1 hour later:
The Wintergarden, Hydro Majestic Hotel

The restaurent staff welcomed Ram and Priya, who walked into the restaurent holding hands, looking like a deeply in love; royal couple.
Staff1: Welcome Mr and Mrs Kapoor. It's a pleasure having you both here. Hope you both enjoy the food and have a good time.
"Thank you" both Ram and Priya said in unision.
Staff2: Mrs.Kapoor, we have arranged everything according to your instructions and requests, hope we don't disappoint you. And, a table near the window pane has been specially booked for you, as per your request. The special ingredients that you requested for has been kept in our kitchen, it would be great if you could have a look at them and check them out.

Ram who was totally oblivious to what was happening around him, looked at Priya to ask her about the arrangements. But before he could ask anything, Priya went along with the staff, asking Ram to have a seat while she comes back!

Ram was accompanied to the table, by a staff. He was surprised to see the table decorated with artificial flowers and flower petals. He smiled realising that Priya had arranged the "artificial" flowers because of his allergy.
"Tum kitna kuch karti ho mere liye Priya.. you take care of even the tiniest of details.. What I have I done to have you in my life?"
Ram's thoughts were interrupted when he heard "Khaana tayyar hai"

Priya along with two chefs approached the table with several plates. One had Aloo ke paranthe in them, the other had butter chicken, chicken tikka masala and several other non vegetarian dishes plus mixed green salad.
Ram didn't know what to say. He was speechless.
R: Priya tumne yeh sab mere liye.. yeh aloo paranthe, butter chicken, yeh sab tumne?
P: Meine kuch nahi kiya! I only made the aloo ke paranthe! Baaki sab inn chefs ne banaye.
R: Mera woh matlab nahi tha Priya! You arranged Indian food especially for me? Why do you do so much Priya?
P: Shhhh! Woh sab chodiye! Aap ko bhook lagi thi na? Start eating fast come on!
R: Haan! Tum bhi!


After having lunch, both Ram and Priya walked towards the balcony, to have a look at the magnificent view infront of them.

Ram put his arm around Priya, and brought her close to him.
R: You know Priya, I've always wondered why you are so fond of nature! It took me long to realize that life's most precious treasures and our biggest source of happiness lies in nature only. We often overlook the beauty of nature only to find solace in materialistic things. And thats why some of us never get to experience such beautiful moments...Thank you for bringing out the best in me Priya. Thank you for being my life. I love you.
P: You don't need to thank me Mr.Kapoor.. I love you too..

Saying this she moved closer to Ram and hugged him, closing her eyes to feel his heartbeats.

"Tere mere saath ki ghadiyan, jeevan mein sabse badi hai..tum haste ho, toh lagta hai..samne khushiyan khadi hai."



After a few mins..
P: Mr.Kapoor! Now its time for the next surprise..
R: Tumhari surprises abhi tak khatam nahi hui? Aaj ke liye itna kaafi nahi hai? *smiling*
P: It's the last surprise.. please chaliye na
R: Arreyy
P: Chaliyeee

Priya held his hand and took him to the car.



5hours later:
In the car

Flashbacks of the seaplane ride and their little moment at the balcony flashed across Ram's eyes. He silently thanked God for blessing him with Priya. Seeing her sleeping on his shoulder comfortably brought a huge smile on Ram's face. She had been planning the surprises for him without his knowledge and he was sure her next surprise was also going to be something that would melt his heart and make him the happiest.

"Sir we've reached"
R: huh? Oh! Okay.

Ram held priya's hand and called out her name, asking her to wake up.
R: Utho Priya! Hum pohoch gaye! Priyaaa

Priya opened her eyes slowly and realized that she had been sleeping on Ram's shoulder. She immediately looked around and realization hit her that this place was her next surprise for Ram.
P: I'm so sorry Mr.Kapoor, I don't know how I fell asleep.
R: It's okay Priya! Did I complain? No na! Chalo ab! *smiling*

Ram got out of the car and held the door open for Priya. He offered his hand and Priya emerged out of the car, holding his hand.
They both looked around..
R: A cruise ship.. *totally surprised and in awe*
P: Haan..
R: This was the surprise? *almost teary eyed*
P: Nahiii! Aap chaliye na mai batati hoon!



The view from the deck of the ship was aesthetic. The city lights, the buildings, the river, the brige, everything looked perfect and ethereal. Flashbacks of their first honeymoon flashed across their eyes.. the conversation they had after Ram shared the incident closest to his heart with Priya, followed by the formation of their friendship.
R: Priya, I don't think I will ever be able to thank you enough..
P: Shhh Mr.Kapoor! Mujhe aapse kuch kehna hai. Infact, bohot kuch kehna hai. And promise me that you won't interrupt me in between..
R: Okay baba I won't.
P: Yeh jagah yaad hai aapko? Saalo pehele iss jagah pe aapne apni dil ki sabse kareeb baat mere saath share kiya. I was really happy that day Mr.Kapoor. Mai aapko bata nahi sakti kitni khush thi mai uss raat. Because mujhe finally laga that things were going to change between us, for good. When we both shook hands, I knew that ab chaahe kuch bhi ho jaaye, I will always have your support in everything I do. I knew that I will always be protected.. You have always been a perfect son and a perfect brother..and so, I was assured that you will be a perfect friend too. And gradually, we became what we are today, from friends. The transition from friends to husband and wife wasn't odd or difficult at all. Because we are, were and will always be each others best friends first. You have been an ideal husband Mr.Kapoor, and even though I have sometimes failed to travel with you on the journey of life...*a lump in her throat* you never even once abandoned me. 7 saal tak mai coma mein thi and humare beech kuch nahi badla. That itself proves that nothing can change the love that we have for each other. We have been seperated so many times, kabhi Dubai, kabhi coma toh kabhi ghar ke haalat ki wajah se.. but ek dusre ke liye humara pyaar kabhi kam nahi hua. You have always been my biggest strength, you have always stood by me. You have always prioritised me over everyone. And how can I forget? You have always fulfilled all my wishes..chahe kitni bhi stupid wish hi kyu na ho. You have been a perfect husband, a perfect father. And I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you for everything Ra..aam! I love you the most! I love you.. *crying*
Ram was speechless. He was at loss of words. All he wanted was to hug her and and tell her that she meant the world to him and that he too loved her the most..
And thats what he did. He pulled her towards him and hugged her tightly.
"I love you too Priya. I love you..too"


They both stayed in the same position for quite sometime..and then Ram broke the hug
R: Now its my turn! Tum chalo mere saath
P: Kaha? *wiping her tears*
R: Chalo toh



In the lobby
The lobby was full of people from over the world, partying, dancing and having fun. The dance floor was full of couples, swaying to slow music.
R: Priya, you stay here, mai ek minute mein aata hoon! Kahi jaana mat.
P: Lekin Ra..am

Ram went near the DJ who was busy handling the music systems.
R: Hi, can I make a song request please
DJ: Yes sure sir..which song would you want me to play for you? A rock song? Jazz? Romantic?
Ram took out his phone and handed over the phone to him
R: Can you play this song? Please. My wife would be very happy, its her favourite song and I want to surprise her.
Dj: Sure sir. Have fun!


A few mins later.. Priya heard a familiar music. Though she was unsure, she had a feeling that she knew this song. She noticed all the couples on the dance floor going back to their seats. And suddenly, the spotlight was on her. Priya was totally lost in thoughts when she heard a voice calling for her from behind.

"May I?"

It was Ram. He had stretched his hand towards her, asking for a dance. Priya immediately put her hand on his palm..

"Humko mili hai aaj yeh, ghadiya naseeb se"

Ram took Priya to the dance floor, slid his hand on her waist, and pulled her close to him.

"Jee bhar ke dekh leejiye, humko kareeb se"

Their eyes met, and they shared an intense eyelock.

"Pir aapke naseeb mein, yeh raat ho na ho..
Shayad pir iss janam mein, mulaqat ho na ho"

Priya could feel her eyes watering. Ram sensed it.. he immediately moved closer to her and their foreheads touched.

"Lag ja gale, ke pir yeh...haseen raat ho na ho"

Unable to control herself from crying, Priya burst out and hugged Ram.
R: Shhh! I love you Priya..
P: I.. I love you too Ra..am!


*Music*


R: Ab toh saare surprises bhi katam hogaye..ab kya karenge hum? *whispering to her*
P: Ek dusre se pyar.


"Bade acche lagte hai..yeh dharti, yeh nadiya, yeh raina, aur tum." ❤



© 2017 Nadhuha Nazeer


Author's Note

Nadhuha Nazeer
Please ignore the errors.
Thank you for stopping by and reading.
Much love.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1954 Views
Added on June 19, 2017
Last Updated on July 10, 2017
Tags: #oneshot #fictional #shortstory

Author

Nadhuha Nazeer
Nadhuha Nazeer

Addu City, Maldives



About
An imperfect human being dealing with the very imperfect life. more..

Writing