My Memoirs

My Memoirs

A Story by Nancy Lee Shrader

 

My Memoirs
 
“Oh? Then, I should speak of my life… I was born on a cold and frosty morn. Then at the age three, my world caved in, I was diagnosed with a crippling disease, and spent six months in bed and a year on crutches. Then at the age of five I could walk again.” 
 
“Fast forward to my junior high and high school years, I lost my grandfather in the ninth grade, my father my junior year.  Between times of grief I enjoyed being a teenager, going to dances and parties. I wore a pink gown to the prom, a white chiffon gown to my graduation dance and a gray cap and gown to graduation ceremonies.” 
 
“After high school I attended a two year college. I met my husband a year later and we were married in 1968 and began our family, first a girl then two boys, then tragedy struck in 1976. Our youngest son was stricken with cancer and died a year later, but our grief stricken little family muddled through. Five years later our family grew when we took in my sister’s boy and later adopted him. Our children thrived and grew to adulthood before we turned around twice.”
 
I became a grandmother of three, two grandsons and a beautiful granddaughter and when I thought I was done learning, I became the author of six books in my elder years, and then tragedy struck again, my husband passed away, now I smile, but that is only appearance. 

 

© 2009 Nancy Lee Shrader


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

beautiful, Nancy. such a mixture of joy and sadness. be well. tovli (sorry to be so long in responding to this)! too much on the plate. tovli

Posted 14 Years Ago


250 words makes for a really boiled down version of our lives doesn't. The devil's in the details, but the overall gives a true picture too.... Thanks for sharing and competing. I had to leave out the deaths of son, and parents, etc.
Peace and Love,
papaed

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2009
Last Updated on September 23, 2009

Author

Nancy Lee Shrader
Nancy Lee Shrader

Beckley, WV



About
Nancy Lee Shrader resides in Beckley, West Virginia. She is author of three books IS IT NOW? The End of Days! IS HE MESSIAH? Messianic Prophecies Revealed! And The Curse of Mayweather House Nancy Lee .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Memory A Memory

A Story by Ingrid


Realization Realization

A Story by Joy Murphy