awaken

awaken

A Story by Emily is not found, she is but lost within herself

My eyes open. My heart races, my mind searches. Mine? me? who am i? where am i? My eyes shuffle around the room. The white walls match the white sheets on whatever bed I'm sleeping on. I look to the curtain surronding me, floral. A bad floral. A boring floral. I look to beside my bed, a moniter. An IV stand, where i follow the tube to my wrist where it is injected. A hospital? where was i? Why did i need to be in a hospital? My heart is racing so much i can't control it. Why couldnt i think of anything? the beeping on  the moniter got faster and faster until a nurse came rushing in. I guess she noticed my eyes freaking out because she gasped. She flew back the curtain and revealed some unfamillar faces staring worried back at me. Do I know these people? A larger man with dark hair, dark eyes and a dark suit approaches me, puts a hand on mine. I don't feel a thing.

"Ashley, Honey, Can you hear me?" yes of course i can hear you. My eyes are wide open, clearly I'm up, and well. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. Not a thing. I had formed the words, but no sound. The strange man was looking right into my eyes and tears up, rubs his eyes and goes and sits back down. He puts his arm around the thin woman with blue, teary eyes and they cry together. I am only assuming these are my parents, and have been here for a while. Now that the curtains are open I can see the windowsill. The windowsill with dead flowers. who would send anyone dead flowers? thats just awful.

  The beeping on the moniter stops. It is one constant beep. Everyone is crying. What does this mean? There is a doctor talking to "my parents" I'll talk to them. I swing my legs off the side of the bed and stand up and walk over to the doctor and couple. I am standing and trying to listen to the conversation that was making the couple ever so sad. Their mouths were moving but no sound, no voices. Were they torturing me? was this a sick joke? HELLO! I'm right here. I move around to the side, behind the couple, I move my arms up to wave. Just before i do, I catch a glimpse of my bed, the one i was lying on. There is a person on it, a girl. Very pretty, from what you could see. There was a white bandage around her head, stained with red. her eyes were swollen shut and her mouth and cheeks were purple. She looked like she was in pain. Right above the bed was a mirror. I was looking into it. There was the couple, the doctor, and a girl with brown hair, blue eyes and a matching gown to the one in the bed. memories flash through my mind all at once.

 

She looks around, its late at night, she knows she shouldnt be out. Or be drunk. the damn car shouldnt have broken down. If it didnt she wouldnt be out here, leaning on her car, waiting for someone.

 

Lights turn around the corner. She waves her hand for them to stop. The car screeches to a stop. She is praying whoever is in the car isnt as drunk as she is.

 

four men get out. One with a beer, one with a gun, one with a baseball bat and another with a smile on their face. her skin goes pale and she falls sober immediately.

 

The man with the smile toches her face, "what a pretty girl, if you follow our rules, no one has to get hurt."

 

After being violated, abused, in too many ways by each man, she lays on the cold pavement, and it begins to rain.

 

The man with the bat starts hitting her stomach. The man with the gun trips and stumbles, and the gun falls under the car. She is thanking the lord in a way, but cursing him in another. She doesn't want to suffer. She doesnt want to be awoken by each beating.

 

The rest of the men are laughing and running around, sharing punches. One blow from the bat to her head, knocks her out cold.

 

She is awoken by the sound of police cars and an ambulence. The four men are gone and she is getting blurry, she reaches for her throbbing head but moving anything sends shooting pain and she closes her eyes.

 

It's me. I think to myself as the straight line on the monitor becomes clear.

© 2011 Emily is not found, she is but lost within herself


Author's Note

Emily is not found, she is but lost within herself
mind spelling and grammar. please

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

laab it twice :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


loved it :) so sad though

Posted 12 Years Ago


whoo :D laab itt

Posted 12 Years Ago


amazing

Posted 12 Years Ago


i love this. It was absolutely amazing, very sad though :(

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 27, 2011
Last Updated on May 27, 2011

Author

Emily is not found, she is but lost within herself
Emily is not found, she is but lost within herself

About
i am girl, i have many stories to tell, many things to figure out, i dont know what i want to do, or what skills i have. I would give you a general idea of what is going to be on this page but i reall.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..