Stargazing

Stargazing

A Poem by Addict With a Pen
"

Shakespearean sonnet

"
Like butter melting in the dark of night
I warmed against the touch of you out there.
Mountainous cold could not keep out the light
of stars that gleamed and stood still in the air.
We breathed in sync and bundled closer yet,
like trees we swayed profusely in the wind.
How lips work, I confess I did forget,
You laughed with me I saw your amused grin.
The stars, once still, now shifted in the sky,
this one moment stretched out into forever.
You gazed at me with dilated eyes,
in blinding dark we were alone together.
So jealous was the sky above our heads,
because I chose to look at you instead.

© 2023 Addict With a Pen


Author's Note

Addict With a Pen
It takes just a moment of inspiration to revive a poet. Whenever I’m in a rut, in a lul, or when the brainstorming runs dry, I like to challenge myself by writing a Shakespearean sonnet. The only difference between a sonnet and a Shakespearean sonnet is the last couplet, which to me makes it more fun to write. You are supposed to leave an impact on the reader in those last two lines. It’s the final punch of the poem, which makes it very hard to write. Of all of my writing dry spells I've had, a Shakespearean sonnet has always brought me back to life. It’s my good luck charm, my favorite form. I’m somewhat of a romantic, but I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing to romanticize life and experiences. I’d rather remember fun times than forget. I say everything is a rough draft because I can never stop working on a piece so let’s say this is a finished rough draft of sorts. Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

loved the imagery created.
yours words were enchanting to taste.
{wordplay on point.}

Posted 4 Months Ago


Poetically romantic, Beautifully imaged.

Awesome read

With love

Matthew

Posted 4 Months Ago


Wonderfully written and beautifully entrancing. It's as if the world above has shifted for me when I read those verses of yours, the construct in which you frame your work is greatly romanticised and favourable to tell a story. What a great Sonnet, author Addict With a Pen, thank you for sharing.

Posted 4 Months Ago


I like this a lot, such a vivid yet poetic description. You do a great job at describing the facts of the scene while also explaining the feelings surrounding it. The last line is my favourite! I really like this, amazing job!

Posted 6 Months Ago


This is a beautiful piece of creation. Enjoyed reading 👍

Posted 6 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 17, 2023
Last Updated on October 23, 2023
Tags: sonnet, stargazing, love

Author

Addict With a Pen
Addict With a Pen

UT



About
Are you searching for purpose? Then write something, yeah it might be worthless Then paint something, then it might be wordless Pointless curses, nonsense verses You'll see purpose start to surfac.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cold Nights Cold Nights

A Chapter by Dave Brown