chapter 4

chapter 4

A Chapter by carla

Fifth period rolled along and like in every other class I sat in the back. As everyone came in, I watched zee sit with crystal in the front. She gave me an apologetic look but I shrugged it away and went back to sketching in my journal. ‘Beauty’ that word kept coming up in my mind. What did I think when I heard that word? Nature was a beauty I could never capture and yet I have always tried. But so have many others and yet none have gotten close.

Class starts much as usual and went by much the same. Should I go to the next class? Na, I didn’t feel like it. I would just head home after this class. Skipping wasn’t something I wasn’t used to. Quickly walking out of the school grounds I headed for the library. There I had gotten a good and steady job. Well how else did everyone expect me to pay for everything? Not everyone had parents who spoiled their kids.

I was early but it’s not like many people came by anyway. Taking my things to the back room behind the check out desk, I got ready to get to work. The turn in box had a couple of books in there that needed to be put back on shelves. There were also new books in the back ready to also hit the shelves. Good thing it was quiet in here or I wouldn’t be able to remember where everything went.

I always loved the library. It was a safe haven for those of us who wanted to get away from the rest of the world. Fairytales, fable, legends, and even autobiographies about past heroes and such could create a whole other world for some people. There were only a couple of people here and none seemed to be in any hurry, so I silently took out one of the new books in a series I have been reading. Not caring much for fairytales, I loved tragedies like Shakespeare’s, but more modern.

 So enthralled was I in the book that I didn’t notice someone walk in. That is until I heard her.

“Well if it isn’t our outsider turned librarian” looking up I saw crystal and her groupies walk in but excluding Ulrich and zee. I wasn’t really all that concerned for Ulrich; he knew how to take care of himself. It was zee I was worried about. What had they done with her?

“Where’d you leave your pup?” I tried to seem uncaring so she would try to brag about her newest victim. It worked; I could see the evil gleam in her eyes as she leaned on the desk.

“She wasn’t crystal material, so we ‘dropped’ her off” she put air quotes around the word dropped and I knew they had taken her to THAT place. Anger surged through me; no one should ever be left there. I was about to go all out on her sorry a*s when we heard a growl from behind. It actually wasn’t an animal if that’s what you’re thinking, it was Ulrich. He came and took crystal by the shirt collar and pulled her face close to his.

“what the hell is wrong with you?” what was wrong with him?

“what? We were just having a little fun.” There was a quiver of fear in crystal’s voice.

“don’t you know what could happen to her there?!” now I knew what was going on, Ulrich was defending zee. I ignored the pang of jealousy in my chest and walked around the desk and began to walk out the door. It would probably take me all day to get to zee but I had to try. There was absolutely no way I was going to let something like that happen to her. Before I could get farther than outside than the door someone took hold of my upper arm causing me to instantly stiffen. No could touch, closing my eyes tightly I forced the reflex to pull away and run down and slowly turned to face Ulrich.

“wait you’ll never get to her before dark on foot.” His face still had hard lines of anger and frustration. “ I’ll take you” before I could say anything he pulled me along with him. Still he held onto my arm and I was starting to get that repulsive feeling when I get touched. Breath, just breath you have to go help zee, I told myself. We came to Ulrich’s motorcycle and I thought I might pass out from just the idea of riding that thing.

“get on” he handed me a helmet and got on. Slowly I followed suit and got on behind him. Then I realized what I was going to have to do, I was going to have to put my hands on his waist and for the whole ride. Gasping I clutched my hands to my chest as if I would burn if I touched him. There was something that flashed in his eyes but it was too quick for me to tell what. Letting out a frustrated breath Ulrich took my hands ignoring the small whimper that I let escape and placed them on his waist. Then that mechanical horse leapt forward and I automatically wrapped my arms completely Ulrich and pressed myself securely against him.

I kept my eyes closed for most of the trip and believe me it was a long trip. We were heading to a place off 5th Ave. east. It was a sort of dump with only an old bar and a couple of old shacks for the few people there to live. Mostly only drunks and hobos lived there and that’s where I know crystal left zee. That is no place for girls like zee; she wouldn’t be able to defend herself if she had to.

The first time I came here crystal did exactly the same thing to me. she pretended to be my friend and when I didn’t take the bait she set a trap for me to take a bus. Apparently she had the bus driver a ‘favor’ and he agreed to take me anywhere she told him. Once I noticed he wasn’t taking me home or anywhere near it, it was too late. Practically throwing me off the bus, he left me there on my own. Being 13 at the time I didn’t really have a fighting chance.

I ended up being taken, by force, by the many men in the bar. The memory is still vivid in my memory. No matter how much I screamed and begged they would not stop. One of those monsters had had a knife in his back pocket with which I defended myself and got away. It took me a day and a half to get back home and a week to wash away and surpass all that had happened. But I wasn’t about to let this go, oh no I would get even. And so that was how I gave crystal that scare and got suspended for a month.

There it was, the infernal regions. Ulrich took a left and the rocks caused the bike to jump like a jelly bean. Looking around I felt my stomach churn and not from the bumpy ride. He was going to park in front of the bar but I knew the same monsters would be there and they would somehow recognize me. No, I wouldn’t be an easy target. Pulling at the hem of his shirt I pointed to the side of an abandoned shed.

Quickly I got off and pulling off the helmet, I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. I had been so close to him, my body still tingled from the contact. Seeing I was having a hard time catching my breath Ulrich reached a hand as if to touch me but I shook my head, right now I needed to be on my toes and have a clear mind. Now was no time to take the unwanted spot light, we had to find zee.

“Well, well, well if it isn’t the feisty kitty?” my whole body ceased its functions, that voice I knew that voice. It was one of the monsters who had first taken me by force. No! No! He couldn’t know it was me; I had completely changed my look. “I know what’s mine little one.” his voice was like a poison that slipped over my skin. He came closer and I instinctively ran for the closest safety, in this case being Ulrich.

“Who are you?” Ulrich didn’t seem fazed by that monster. I could feel more than see him smirking that in human grin, it sickened me.

“Well who have we here? A play mate, kitten? You should have come alone, it would be easier on you.” He came closer and I clutched Ulrich’s shirt and a wanted whimper of fear escaped my lips. Ulrich stiffened and stood tall and proud, if I hadn’t been so petrified I would have loved to sketch this mighty warrior before me.

“We don’t have business with you so, please leave us be.” His words were polite but his voice was filled with danger.

“Ooh aren’t we a big man. Listen boy I want that girl and I don’t care if I have to go over your dead body, I will have her. Just like that other little one I will take her with Me.” my eyes went wide ‘other little one’, he had zee I was sure of it. But how would we be able to get to her. I shivered and tears formed in my eyes, I would have to go with him.

“Over my -“ I pulled Ulrich aside and held my head high. There was question in his eyes and I knew he would object if he knew what I did now.

“Hello there kitten.” Every nerve in my body told me to run and never stop but the thought of someone else going through what this monster did to me kept me in place. Sparing Ulrich only a sideways glance, he took hold of my right upper arm and pulled me to him. Disgust rose in me and I had to hold back the gag that wanted to escape as he buried his face in my hair. “Come we have a lot to do” pulling me behind him, I looked back at Ulrich and let my fear show but shook my head when he was going to come after me. I mouthed the word zee and that’s when understanding dawned on him.


© 2010 carla


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on March 25, 2010
Last Updated on March 25, 2010


Author

carla
carla

GA



About
love to read and write and i also want to make new friends. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by carla


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by carla


Moments Moments

A Book by carla