chapter 2

chapter 2

A Chapter by carla

The morning sun cut through the curtain on the only window in the room. Groaning in irritation, I turned over in bed and pulled the covers over my head.

Time to get up girlies” minx’s voice came from somewhere in the room causing me to clutch the covers to me. Suddenly I was pulled out of bed by my ankles. A squeak escaped me as I fell from the end of the bed. Everyone in the room laughed as I hauled myself off the floor. Minx knew I hated mornings and always thought of new ways to get me out of bed.

That hurt” I complained as everyone, who were already up and ready, filled out of the room and left me to myself.

Well maybe you’ll learn to get up sooner” with that minx walked out of the room and closed the door behind her. Sighing, I grab a towel and head to the bathroom. There I strip down and look at myself in the full length mirror.

I was not tall, about 5’2”, my skin was a sun kissed tan, naturally, and my hair, that reached to my butt, was a flame red at the bottom and slowly turned orange in the middle then ended in a gold at the top. Beautiful, was what all the girls called me. Yet it seemed that my unnatural beauty was a curse for everyone outside these walls shunned me. My ears were a wine red and so was my tail.

Looking away from the image before me, I turned on the shower and stepped into the water.

Phoenix, father needs to talk to you” minx came up to me during breakfast and walked me towards father’s office. What could he want to talk to me about? Did I do something wrong? Would I be getting kicked out? That was our biggest fear here at the house.

As I entered, a chill ran down my spine but I took a deep breath to clam myself. There in the desk sat father looking down at his papers.

you wanted to see me?” he looked up as I walked in and closed the door behind me.

yes,yes come in” that's when I saw that old man from last night at the store. “this is Mr. Alexander and it seems he brings news of a gentleman who wishes to have you accompany him on a trip out of the country. You will be gone for about a month.” he said it so simply and I knew I had no say.

when will I be leaving?” clasping my shaking hands behind my back, I stared down at the carpet.

tonight now go pack and attend to any clients you may have.” nodding in father's direction I stepped out of the door silently.



© 2010 carla


Author's Note

carla
not done with this chapter but review anyway please

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is good, but nothing much happens. I like that you appear to be trying to keep the reader in some sort of suspense, but nonetheless character development is key. I trust you have some form of plot attached to this, and I'd quite like to see it, but remember to develop your characters within the first few chapters, so that the reader can feel closer to the character :)

Brasso
(review for review?)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

amazing job keep it up

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is good, but nothing much happens. I like that you appear to be trying to keep the reader in some sort of suspense, but nonetheless character development is key. I trust you have some form of plot attached to this, and I'd quite like to see it, but remember to develop your characters within the first few chapters, so that the reader can feel closer to the character :)

Brasso
(review for review?)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The story is getting more interesting. A lot of detail are still missing. I look forward to the next chapter. Always insure the character have a reason and purpose in the story. A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 17, 2010
Last Updated on July 17, 2010


Author

carla
carla

GA



About
love to read and write and i also want to make new friends. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by carla


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by carla


Moments Moments

A Book by carla



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sanity? Sanity?

A Poem by Dupree


untitled untitled

A Story by Dupree