Decay

Decay

A Poem by Nate Olds

Your mind is cloudy and it's hard to live daily with the crazy and hazy mindset that controls your every action
Like a faction that's within yourself that puts you through hell as you fail to excel.
Your confiding in substances submits you to an instance in which you can not quit, no matter how hard you wish.
Pushing for a change that is out of range pushes you further into a world that is unkind to you and pays you no mind in return.
To rely on a lie that you can escape the world and its cruelty by drowning yourself in mind-alteration is a situation where your problems no longer lie in temptation.
They are now controlling you and running your being into the ground because you don't control the elevator on the way down.
You're on a sinking ship with no one to save you, while you could have avoided this by listening to the advice your parents gave you.
Dabbling in drugs is fun until you're trapped with nowhere to run and the addiction is like a gun, pointed at your own head.
Better off dead when all you see is red, but at least some powder will keep you from staying in bed.
It's a vicious cycle that requires attention for hope for redemption, but that's impossible without intervention.
"It's not a big deal" you'll hear, but that's far from true, because it's hard to help an addict when they're in the mirror, staring back at you.

© 2017 Nate Olds


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on April 24, 2017
Last Updated on April 24, 2017

Author

Nate Olds
Nate Olds

Grand Rapids, MI



About
college-educated business professional with a guilty pleasure for spoken word poetry. more..

Writing
Heretic Heretic

A Poem by Nate Olds


Pain(t) Pain(t)

A Poem by Nate Olds