Healing

Healing

A Poem by Natalie Dieudonne

Tucked in a cave surrounded by darkness, you shined your light and stretched out your hand to me. 
Broken, hurt, and abandoned. Trust no longer existed, so I  hesitated. Not knowing what you wanted from me. 
Who is this man? Is it safe to take his hand? 

You saw my fear, so you sat in the corner and smiled. 

Your eyes were filled with love and gentleness, yet my heart would not allow me to move. 
I was paralyzed with fear. 

You began to tell me your stories of love, loss and pain. How you could feel what I felt. 
That my pain caused you pain, and we were one in the same. 

You stretched out your hand to me again and I came to you and laid my head in your lap. 
Your hands caressed my hair, soothing away the pain and loss. Instilling in me a sense of peace and renewed love. 

This stranger healed my broken soul.
What he saw in me I will never know.

© 2014 Natalie Dieudonne


Author's Note

Natalie Dieudonne
A piece a very close friend inspired.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Stranger healed my soul I don’t know what he saw in me. Really footed on human pain when perceived by another heart. Author fully succeeded to clearly portray the common emotions without ruining the delicacy of real emotions

Posted 1 Month Ago


Wow. This just really leaves me speechless. "That my pain caused you pain, and we were one in the same." - Beautiful line. You give words to feelings that are so hard to show. You are so talented and this has become one of my favorite poems! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

9 Years Ago

Michael thank you so much. You have no idea how much your kind words have made me smile.
Thank.. read more
"This stranger healed my broken soul.
What he saw in me I will never know."

Wow. This was beautiful beyond words. I really felt the depth in your words. Amazing writing, thank you@

Posted 9 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm happy that you enjoyed it :)
It is difficult to let down ones guard and open up to another, yet sometimes when we do the most amazing things can happen. You have managed to express that here so well.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

9 Years Ago

This is true. We all want to protect our hearts... Thank you so much for reading and reviewing!
Wow. This is very moving.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

9 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Nice poem and comforting. ummm did you mean "form" or "from"?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

9 Years Ago

Thank you.... I meant from lol. Thanks for bringing my attention to that typo :)
Highly descriptive! Poetry inspired by frienship is always so rich and expressive! This one is no exception.
However, I would point out a typo in the text. Did you mean "from" in the fourth line?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I'm happy you enjoyed it!
I just now noticed the typo. Thank you :)
What an enchanting piece this see for me specially given the fact where everything goes down to code and systems, precise connections, repeat , access denied and the whole mechanicality of thinking, anything but the random. Here so simple one act of kindness in a gesture of a giving hand could have the potential to change a life an consequently that life could encounter a moment that would propelled her/ his into a better state of being.

The nature of the Soul shall never be decoded.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and for reading!
This gave me chills.. such tenderness and vulnerability that is palpable here... The hands of friendship that reach out to us when we least expect it in the most beautiful, gentle ways when we most need it, showing patience and understanding can be the light in the darkness that helps guide us back to the light... what an amazing write.. I want to thank my friend A for sharing this magical, spiritual write with me... it is quite stunning.. you have touched my heart with this one and it felt good! loved it..

Posted 9 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

9 Years Ago

April this has truly made me smile! I'm so happy that this piece moved you in such an amazing way. T.. read more
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome my dear, so when do I meet the stranger:)
Natalie Dieudonne

9 Years Ago

Lol patience :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

380 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 16, 2014
Last Updated on August 18, 2014
Tags: Friendship, love, healing.

Author

Natalie Dieudonne
Natalie Dieudonne

Miami, FL



About
Writing has always been the outlet to my emotions. Even as a child I had imaginary stories instead of imaginary friends. It has always been in my blood but I never had the courage to seriously pursue .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Imagine Imagine

A Poem by Chris Micha