Healing

Healing

A Poem by Natalie Dieudonne

Tucked in a cave surrounded by darkness, you shined your light and stretched out your hand to me. 
Broken, hurt, and abandoned. Trust no longer existed, so I  hesitated. Not knowing what you wanted from me. 
Who is this man? Is it safe to take his hand? 

You saw my fear, so you sat in the corner and smiled. 

Your eyes were filled with love and gentleness, yet my heart would not allow me to move. 
I was paralyzed with fear. 

You began to tell me your stories of love, loss and pain. How you could feel what I felt. 
That my pain caused you pain, and we were one in the same. 

You stretched out your hand to me again and I came to you and laid my head in your lap. 
Your hands caressed my hair, soothing away the pain and loss. Instilling in me a sense of peace and renewed love. 

This stranger healed my broken soul.
What he saw in me I will never know.

© 2014 Natalie Dieudonne


Author's Note

Natalie Dieudonne
A piece a very close friend inspired.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well you are lucky to have that one stranger, imagine most in this world; suffer alone and die alone. This was written from your heart, and your such a amazing writer you know the art of moving souls of your reader. Mine is moved big time:)
There is always a reason people meet each, maybe your stranger find peace of soul in him; while sharing his side with you.
You know this piece goes directly into my favorites...simply magical piece of writing. I LOVED IT:)


Posted 9 Years Ago


A. Amos

9 Years Ago

Well once you meet your soul mate, I think that is the time when the story should be shared and star.. read more
Natalie Dieudonne

9 Years Ago

I like that idea
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

Thank you again A for sharing this with me... going into my favorites as well, for sure!

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

380 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 16, 2014
Last Updated on August 18, 2014
Tags: Friendship, love, healing.

Author

Natalie Dieudonne
Natalie Dieudonne

Miami, FL



About
Writing has always been the outlet to my emotions. Even as a child I had imaginary stories instead of imaginary friends. It has always been in my blood but I never had the courage to seriously pursue .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..