Azira

Azira

A Chapter by Deepshikha
"

Aera meets Azira, a mysterious messenger who tells her that her mother is waiting...

"

The woman was tall and wore a semi-strapless purple lolita dress with white lace edging. She was bare foot and had light blond hair that curled, twisted, and fell to her backside. On it, was a simple purple bandana that kept her hair, not including her bangs, out of her face. She walked with an unnatural grace, and was surrounded by the purple glow.

"Lady Selene?" I whishpered.

The woman laughed.

I was vaguely reminded of the many windchimes hanging at the Araceli.

"No. I am Azira, messenger of the chosen one."

"The chosen one?"

She smiled softly. "She has many names, but you know her as Gaea."

Gaea? The true and only Goddess?

"How...?"

"Yes. I know that you are confused, child, but do not worry, lest tears mark your beautiful face."

"But what do you want?"

I didn't like the way she talked. Not one bit.

"Patience is something you must gain, as your mother did. You are very much like her."

I rolled my eyes. To me, Gaea, the Goddess that was our creator was only something that the Court used for scaring people.

"I know what you are thinking, daughter. She is real. In every way. Your so called court is going to be shattered one day and you will-"

With a look of shock, she laid a deicate looking, pale hand over her mouth.

I raised an eyebrow.

She blushed slightly, but regained her former composure quickly.

"I am sorry. Let me procede to what I am really here to tell you."

She paused and looked at me. I, however, simply stared at her.

Was I hallucinating or something?

Because, at that moment, I felt devoid of all emotion and thought.

"You mother, Lady Selene, summoned me to ask you to come back to Mt. Olympus to her."

At the mention of Lady Selene, I 'awoke.'

Not only from the supposed 'stupor' but the brainwashing at the Araceli.

"Do I have a choice?" I asked, fingering the dagger that was still in my hand.

She laughed again. "Yes, Aera, you do."

I looked up at the sky. The sun was in between high noon and setting. I really had to get back to Avdin and Evan.

Before they killed each other.

"Can I get back to you on this?"

Azira frowned. "Nay, for it is imperitive that you answer."

Did I want to go with her to the home of the Deum? Did I want to leave all that I knew for my mother? One that had never attempted to contact, meet, or find me till now? Did I want to leave Evan?

Of course not.

"No. I will never leave my homeland for the lands of the Deus." I said firmly.

Azira's face hardened, and the softness that raidiated off of her dissapated. "Very well. But remember, you will come back one day. We will be waiting."

As she hissed the last word, she vanished, leaving no trace that a messenger of Gaea had ever come.

Not physically, not in my memory.



© 2008 Deepshikha


Author's Note

Deepshikha
This is still a work in progress. I only finished it there so I could concentrate on my Math homework.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's really good. I like how Aera has to wake up from brainwashing and stuff to find out the truth. And what is with that Azira chick? Isn't she supposed to be good? Meh, not criticizing, merely commenting. I think this has a lot of potential, should you continue it.

~Ashleigh

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
1 Review
Added on May 4, 2008
Last Updated on June 12, 2008


Author

Deepshikha
Deepshikha

Where Time Passes, PA



About
This is archive for the poetry I've written, spanning back from when I first started writing in 2007. I mostly write fiction now and don't post it on here. Enjoy if you'd like. I'm Deepshikha. .. more..

Writing
stagnant stagnant

A Poem by Deepshikha