Chapter 2: Two Visits Too Much

Chapter 2: Two Visits Too Much

A Chapter by My Writing Obsession

Chapter 2 Two Visits Too Much

 

 

That night, I cried myself to sleep. The fact of never seeing my friend again was a bad thing. I feel bad, because today I was so insensitive, that I just kept pushing Ray away, like on the bus. Now I know why he punched the seat, he was angry.

I was half asleep and half awake when I heard a thud. I didn’t really think anything of it, even though I sprang up right.

I glanced at my clock and it was midnight ‘o’ 3(12:03AM). It couldn’t be Mom and Dad, they’re usually asleep by now. Maybe it was my older brother, Justin. He usually played his X-Box until 3 in the morning. Though I doubt it was him, because he usually locks himself up in his room, unless he went to go snack on something.

Whatever, I told myself.

I closed my eyes again and rolled over.

I need to talk to Ray again.

I grabbed my phone quick off the nigh-stand and texted him.

Hey, uh, Idk if ur number is disconnected yet. I cant sleep, I miss u 2 much.

It was worth a try, right?

My phone vibrated 5 seconds afterwards.

920-555-3243 Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code.

I rubbed my eyes. Dang. I was hoping it would’ve worked. I can’t believe he did it that quick. I’m surprised his mom didn’t wait until tomorrow…er…today, because she’s usually the one to procrastinate.

I heard another thud. Then more to follow. Thud thud thud thud thud thud thud!!!!

I get up and open my door. All of the lights are off, Justin’s door is closed and I see a blue light in the door crack. He’s playing his game. I walk in there.

“Hey. Were you�"”

“I thought you were sleeping. You were out like a light early.” He said focusing on the screen.

“Yeah, well, crying myself to sleep made me.” I roll my eyes.

I looked at Justin’s expression and he had a blank expression. “Tara, it’s okay. Like dad said�"yes, I heard you�"he’s going to be safe, that’s all that matters.” Wow, here’s the senior’s words of wisdom. Sounds like he just copied off my dad’s words…

I change the subject for what I was going to ask. “Were you down stairs before?” I question him.

He looks at me and pauses his game. “Let me play my game, okay? No, I wasn’t down stairs. Just leave me alone and let me play my game! You’re more annoying than the dog.”

I ignore everything he says. “One more question, are you going to the Kalahari with us later?” I question.

He sighs and grunts, clearly annoying. “I don’t know yet, Tara. Like I said. Leave me ALONE!” he yells.

I scowl at him. “Thanks for not being my brother. Thanks for not being there for me at my toughest time. I can’t wait until you get a job�"which will never happen�"and move out of the house. I’m sick of you being mean all of the freaking time.” I say sternly and slam the door.

That’s when the chorus of thuds happens again. I rub my temples and walk down the stairs.

It does frighten me that someone’s down stairs, when my parents and brother are in their rooms.

I hear glass breaking as I step into the kitchen. Someone’s sitting on the counter, crossing their legs, trying to play it cool.

I scream loud enough for the whole house  to hear. He waves his hands.

“Sh! Sh! Be quiet, Tara.” But I don’t, I keep yelling, when I don’t really know why I am.

“Who are you!” I demand.

“I am Treigh. Guardian of Queen Tricanova.” I look at him.

“Who?” I say.

“You have much to learn. Come with me and I can show you the other world, full of riches and ownership.” That last sentence sounded very familiar, but I can’t tell where it came from.

“No. I can’t go with strangers, I might be 15. But…it’s still a given.” I retorted, gaping at the man’s natural beauty. His blonde hair is gleaming with no light whatsoever.

“Smart child. We’ll see. Come with me, and as I said, I can show you a whole different world than…Earth.” He says Earth like it’s disgusting.

“Go away! I’ll call the police if you don’t get out of my house!” I screamed.

He laughs. “I love children’s incompetency. It brings me joy. As you wish, my lady. I will come when the time is right.” He snaps his finger and disappears.

What the frick?! Who was that?!

“What are you screaming about?!” I hear Justin’s voice from behind.

I turn around so I’m facing him, I don’t answer him, I just start walking up the stairs.

“If Ray leaving is going to leave you crazy, then go to a sanitarium for crazy people.” Justin didn’t even know what Sanitarium was; he just got it off a Metallica song.

I once again ignore him and head up the stairs even more and go into my room.

I want to know who that Treigh is…and for that matter, what he is. He sounds like he’s from the 14th century. Seriously Treigh, use some compound words like the rest of the world.  

For some reason, back down there, I wasn’t frightened at all, I just needed to act like it, otherwise it just wouldn’t seem normal. I felt like I’d known Treigh before…now I remember! My dream…the one where he told me to come to him and I can have riches and ownership, that’s why I knew his words! But…how could’ve I seen it?

When I get in my room, another figure is sitting on my bed, my light is on. I didn’t see his face, but I thought it’d be Treigh, but it wasn’t, it was someone new. This time I actually screamed really loud.

The teenager(or so he looked) walked over to me and covered my mouth.

“I need to talk to you.” He said.

“You’re crazy if you think I’m talking to you! I’ve been visited two times too many! Get out of my house!” I yelled with his hand over my mouth. But when I yelled it actually sounded musky and deep, barely understandable.

Instead of laughing at me and telling me I’m incompetent. He has a serious look on his face.

“No. I can’t get out. I need you to come with me, I need to show you who Treigh is, and what he is. He is no guardian of Tricanova, he used to be, I am one though, I actually guard Tricanova.” I try and wrestle out of his grasp, but he’s holding me tighter and feels like he’s strangling me now.

I’m choking.

“Who’s Tricanova? I don’t know what you people are talking about.” I say breathlessly.

“As I said, you have much to learn.” He said, not even acknowledging me passing out.

“Please…let…me…go…” I plead, choking and crying. I recognize this person too, he was also in my dream, the one telling me to get away from Treigh



© 2011 My Writing Obsession


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on January 2, 2011
Last Updated on January 2, 2011


Author

My Writing Obsession
My Writing Obsession

Twin Lakes, WI



About
I write poetry and half of short stories. I usually go through writer's block. Enjoy reading what I put up, and I'll leave the rest to you for finishing. xx more..

Writing