One- The Tenebris appears

One- The Tenebris appears

A Chapter by Mika Haruna

The sharp distinct ring of barking awoke me that cold spring morning. My body tensed as i sat up, glancing about the alley I called home. Mutts called Furias guarded the 7th sector, where the mongrels like me lived. Furias only barked when danger lurked nearby. I slunk down on all fours, my pointed ears twitching at the high pitched growls and barks sounding around me. 


A growl began building up from within my own throat, one that ran over my teeth as I felt danger approaching. Footsteps echoed throughout the city, following a silence so absolute, it was deafening. Never before have I woken to see the city so dead. Except when the Tenebris were near. Silence permeated the atmosphere as the Furias quieted themselves.


I scurried behind a garbage can, lying abandoned in the alley. My heartbeat quickened, pounding in my ears over and over as the silence became louder. Then from my hiding place, I saw him. The Tenebris, his tall form towering over the cracked pavement. He casted a long, daunting shadow, crossing over the rough patched ground before his feet.


Regality poured from him, everything about this man screamed royalty. Truly, he was a blue blooded Tenebris. Growling, I did something that would forever change my life. Adrenaline pumped through my veins when I jumped in front of the man, my body tense and ready for a fight. My stance was baleful as I stared at him.

He smiled in an amatory way. “Well, looks like this mongrel has a little fire in him.”

His voice was deep and sultry. It only made my anger deepen.


“What is a Tenebris doing in the 7th sector? Shouldn’t you be lounging around in your 1st sector penthouse?”

“An irksome little runt like you shouldn’t be making assumptions about the Tenebris. Lest you want to be punished.” A smirk crossed his features, making my blood boil.

“You people are all the same. Just because you run the first sector, you think you can look down on us mongrels like we’re trash. But I won’t bow down to you.”

“I see. Let me guess, you had a bad experience with a Tenebris when you were but a lad, and since then you’ve hated our kind. I know how the story goes.”


I shuddered. Everything he said reeked of the truth. He hit the bull’s eye. “Shut the hell up, you 1st sector scum. You have no idea what I’ve been through. I’m not like the other mongrels in the 7th sector; I will not cower from you. I won’t worship the ground you walk on. I will not bow down to you.”

“Interesting,” He said, a smile playing upon his lips, “you seem stronger than the rest of the mongrels. I might have to take you with me.”

My heart seemed to stop. “Take me with you where?”

“To the 1st sector, of course.”



© 2013 Mika Haruna


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Mika Haruna
Sorry for the mysteriousness, it'll become clear later

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was great. A million questions come to my mind and my curiosity has been spiked. I just think that a new paragraph should be there every time someone speaks. Other than that, good story so far. Looking forward to your next chapter.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mika Haruna

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot(: I'll have to remember the paragraph every time someone speaks thing!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 21, 2013
Last Updated on May 21, 2013


Author

Mika Haruna
Mika Haruna

YOUR MOM'S HOUSE!



About
Well my name is G.N Bradley, though my friends usually call me Nel or Mika. I'm 16 and have a passion for writing. My favorite authors are Cassandra Clare, Becca Fitzpatrick and Ray Bradbury. I'm curr.. more..

Writing
Unkind Unkind

A Poem by Mika Haruna