Black Soul

Black Soul

A Chapter by Chelsea Rae
"

In the 1800s, A Professor with the name Beau Pennant engraves his name into a clear stone nine feet tall rock. What leads him is the key to keep all of hells soldiers in their prison.

"

My son, not by blood, but by passion and care. He was absolute and brutal, cold and corrupt. People in the city found him revolting and blood-curdling. Son, you were everything the world needed. You were robust, apprehensive, and assiduous. The world around you would not have been able to dispatch the horrors that walked the earth those years. You were their assailant and their divinity. The devils locked you up in their awaiting prison cell. Only to let you starve and grow weak, they wanted your power and they wanted to feel it in their soul.

- Beau Pennant 2013


Eight years of sitting in a cold prison cell with rats crawling around the bars and spiders hanging from their old webs. He still receives a box of cigars and a full course meal when dawn comes. The black leather covering his hands hold the stench of sweat and dirt mixed into a callous scent. His short black hair slopes foreword and the edges of his hair tickle his forehead. The black combat boots accompanying his feet and his skin together and preventing needles and sharp anonymous objects from piercing his skin. His dark purple eyes beam through the rusty bars and into the cell across from him where bones lay.

His black trench coat is ripped in the back. multiple tears display his white bloodied tank top. His skinny, but strong body lays still on the cement gravel. Unconscious for moments of time he hears footsteps approach him. The sound of freshly worn combat boots echo in the almost empty prison chamber. Lacking to see, he glides his fingers around the surface he is resting on. As he tries to get the feeling of a sharp object he attempts to open his eyes a little wider. A figure approaches, looking at the fading man in the cell through his round sculpted back head armor. He rubs his hands together causing his shiny leather gloves to make a squeaking noise.

A cloak drapes down his long, skinny back, barely touches the ground. Gold metal armor protects his chest, the metal has foreign symbols engraved in its center. Heavy deep breaths power through the masks mouth opening. The black belt holding his two long sharp swords keep the prisoner intimidated. The man's black leather pants show the stitches in his leg from an early fight.

"Adan, I here word that you have been keeping a secret from the council." The soldier says with a deep covered voice translator. Adan shrugs and he drags his roaming hand behind his sore back. The intimidation that is seeping into his nerves starts to grow stronger.

"That introduction was an opening for you to tell me what you are hiding."

"Oh come on Dion, we both want my secret to stay hidden." He smirks weakly at the calm soldier.

Dion slowly moves one of his leather covered hands into Adan's sight. He slowly points his finger straight at the hidden camera behind the stack of large rocks. With his other hand he rests his index finger on the mouth entrance of his mask telling Adan to keep quiet.

Dion carefully walks towards the camera in multiple directions, hoping that the soldiers looking through the camera don't get a hint that he is trying to turn it off. He carefully walks out of the cameras view, leaving only Adan in the cameras frame. As he is trying to find the correct wire he hears quiet talking from behind the steel door.

He knows he has to work faster, but if he rips the wrong wire from the wall he will either get killed or he will get put in a cell like Adan. 

Adan notices the talking as well and he quickly crawls over to the bars and grips onto them. Attempting to look through the bars he notices two unidentified feet enter the prison and then legs start to appear with another set behind the first.

He tries to examine the cell as fast as he can before they come any closer to the two of them. Adan finds a long chain that is unhooked from the wall. He runs to it swiftly and grabs it with the both of his cut and dry bloodied hands. He knows that if he uses this to trip the two soldiers Dion will have a chance to turn off the camera. But the disadvantage would be the guards who are possibly looking into the prison cell through the camera will see the guards trip.

 Tripping the guards is the closest way to get out of the castle prison and into the main hall. Adan throws the chain through the bars and into the other cell, the chain gets caught under a heavy rock just as he wanted. The rock lands on the chain leaving enough force for him to pull and have the guards trip.

One of the soldiers reach the middle of the prison and spots the chain across the walkway. He looks up from the chain and over to the stack of rocks and he spots Dion's cloak. He starts to walk over to him and Adan quickly pulls the chain and right when the guard falls Dion unhooks the wire causing the camera to turn off.

 He runs from behind the rocks and sees the second guard running at him with a dull sword. Dion swiftly lifts his long foot into the hair and kicks the soldier right in the stomach causing him to fly back to the floor, but he quickly gets back up swinging his sword. Dion blocks each hit with his sword and finally cuts the opponent on his left cheek.

Dion grabs the guards head and throws him to the ground face first. His skull breaks open and both of the guards lay on the floor motionless. He grabs the key that is hooked onto his belt and unlocks Adan's cell door. He walks out and takes the sword from one of the guard's hand.

"It's so different to be working with each other once again after eight years of you being in a cell." Dion says  sliding his sword back onto the latch on his belt.

"It feels damn good though. Lets go, this place is giving me the creeps," Adan pats his partner's back and they sneak through the door and into the main hall.



© 2013 Chelsea Rae


Author's Note

Chelsea Rae
This is one of my new novels that i am starting on
hope you enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on March 24, 2013
Last Updated on March 24, 2013
Tags: assassin, blood, cool, sword, gun, action, hellboy, inspired, adventure, romance


Author

Chelsea Rae
Chelsea Rae

Bedroom



About
(I DO NOT DO HEART SWAPS DO NOT ASK ME)!ωαηηα ѕωαρ? ιƒ ѕσ αωєѕσмє! ρℓє&.. more..