Hmmm.. i felt the freshness in air again.

Hmmm.. i felt the freshness in air again.

A Story by neo

The arrows struck from cupids bow lacerated too deep into my heart. I grimaced with pain while trying to evade these arrows. Another day has been put to waste by the turbulent whispers of those memories. I sensed a kind of apathy creeping into my life. The roses didn't look beautiful anymore. The romantic songs of Bryan Adams, which were once so palatable to my ear, now turned into object of hatred. I began blaspheming my fate for turning my sweet days into bitter ones. The poet, who was once so jubilant, was now heading towards his doomsday. Such were my cries of melancholies in my post-romantic era.

Every morning I wake up, I try to put up a big smile on my face and deceive the Anguish thickening inside. But i discovered this Melancholy too vehement to be conquered. Hence, i decided, never shall I enter the boulevards of cupids lane.I took oaths to wash my hands of this weirdness. I vowed not to fall in love again in my life.
The breeze blowing the next morning, against my face, promised to bring me back the days of jocosity. This day my soul appealed me to spend some time with myself. Thus, i decided to climb up the steps of Octagon,down to library, to spend some time to decide on my fates fugitives. I sat there, in the chair of library, pondering over my miserable fate, listening to a couple of tracks of Green day, cursing the catastrophic hymns coming from inside

But, you know, whenever you think you are walking on a dead end road, god introduces you to a new path. When u think your life is all cloudy, a rainbow looms out of nowhere. I discovered a lady, with her stalking beauty, right in front of my eyes. I saw her many a times in the college campus, but never did i find her beauty so appealing and alluring. She was,perhaps, discussing the theorems in mathematics with her mate. Yah, he was a boy sitting next to her. But i can assure u he is not her boyfriend. I decided this from the looks the boy had put on. He was looking too studious and nerdy to start a romantic saga with such gracious lady.

I don't know how it happened, but it did. Two brown coloured adoring eyes met mine. This exchange of looks persisted for a few more moments which made my heart leap in exhilaration.I was trying to unearth what she was handing me with that look.But then she lowered her eyes and I could see her biting her lip. Then, glancing up again quickly, and again meeting my eyes.

"What now?" I whispered to myself. My hands trembled.I held my breath.

Every time she looked my way, I felt it, like a familiar ache. The boy sitting next to him stopped me from approaching her. Girls normally hesitate to express themselves esp. when they got some company. I didn't want to take any risks this time and so I waited, searching for answers behind those tender eyelids.

"What now?" i felt a rush of adrenalin with tat question.
I waited a few more minutes, but i couldn't answer myself. For a moment , i thought of articulating my heart to tat girl, the next moment i feared the consequences.

After waiting a few minutes, i left the scene, prophesizing that the boy will not part off with girl so easily. But this is not the full stop to my story. A new track added to my hearts play list. Ronan Keating's tracks once again left palatable notes in my ear. The daffodils again started talking with me. i felt the freshness in air again........
This i call is life... you don't know what you always expect. Instead, life is heading altogether in a different direction. You never know where it takes u.

© 2010 neo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on June 30, 2010
Last Updated on July 1, 2010

Author

neo
neo

India



About
I'm constantly being robbed of my innocence in every moment of my life . Every damn thing that i have come across, beguiles me with its charm...., fascinates me with its beauty , and then... it robs m.. more..

Writing
My Fair Lady My Fair Lady

A Poem by neo


A Day in my Life A Day in my Life

A Story by neo