Crash.

Crash.

A Story by New Theory

Nargis couldn't utter a single word, she tried to scream, she gasped to catch her breath but only in futility, her body was accelerating down words along with the seat to which she was buckled which was screwed to an airplane. The airplane which now was following only the orders of gravity, plummeting down towards from when once it had flown.

 

The indicators flickered showing that the seat belt should be fastened. Screams of people around, it was utter chaos. Some of the upper cabinets torn open and the bags jumping around hitting anything in its path.

 

"God, this is terrible. This shouldn't be happening." She thought to herself.

"Am I gonna die this way... Is this it??"

 

The flight WD358 was already having a rough path due to upcoming storm, the pilot safely correcting its path avoiding any stormy clouds when something terrible happened which never really happens. At some point over the Pacific, both of its engines had stopped working, no smoke nothing. The engines had just freezed and jammed, the rotors stopped and the plane started losing altitude. Like many passengers who were travelling to Newyork. Nargis too was a travelling there for her Masters degree. It now seemed that none would get to see their dreams realised.

 

"No, this is not done." She said to herself sensing the clocks ticking by coming close to an abrupt end. She could see now that the vast ocean was coming closer to them, no more clouds, only death.

 

She closed her eyes hard, some say that your life flashes right infront of your eyes just as you are going to die. Nothing like that happened, only blackness and a lot of anger and fear, just anger and fear, before she realised anything, the right wing of the plane tore the water surface, there was a violent explosion as the right wing was torn off the plane, the plane now tossing like pebble thrown in water which doesn't drown instantly but bounces off the water, had again been airbound, in an instant again coming down, landing hard this time, it broke the plane in the center, tearing a part of the seats with its passengers. As the debris of the broken plane flew, it hit several people, stabbing some, decapitating some. One of it flew straight towards Nargis and landed right on her right temple, after that there was only darkness.

 

Darkness for how long no one knew. But slowly slowly the darkness fading as a light source coming close. She started feeling that familiar warmth and her heart resuming the usual rhythm. She opened her eyes.

 

"Am I floating?" she thought to herself. She felt weightless, she opened her eyes. She was floating, but no longer in the plane. She was in a bright white room, floating right in the middle of it, her feet weren't touching the ground. She could see that she had no ropes attached to her, levitating inside a cube.

 

The realisation of this made her even more scared. She started struggling, as she started struggling, the lights in her room started flickering and in a few moments she fell to the floor, as soon as her feet touched the floor the lights went off and she was again in total darkness.

 

She balanced herself and searched for the door to this small room in which she had just witnessed the impossible.

 

On opening the door of the room. It was bright and empty, when she stepped inside the room, the door forced itself close. The shadow of a man in the center took form and in a few seconds she could see that another man was also levitating in the center of the room. He too struggled for sometime and then fell to the ground like the invisible ropes which held him there had been severed.

 

He stumbled for sometime but controlled his fall and stood upright.

 

"What place is this?" He asked.

 

"I don't know." she replied. "I think you just died."

© 2014 New Theory


Author's Note

New Theory
Please ignore the typo's rest all criticism is welcome, story or style, grammar would be much appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The story was told in a very nice way , with the description being near to perfection. The only thing i would like to say is the way it ends , i feel like it would be nice to have a sequel or something like that. Anyways , m new here so no offense meant. Would sure like if you check out my story 'The Second Storey' ... :) :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review. No offense taken, I appreciate you taking time to read my story.read more



Reviews

You did it again! Thoughtful, profound, deep, emotional and even a little scary. Out of balance experiences changes us and this piece expresses that. Even if the ending might have been different, her life would never be the same. Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the wonderful review :)
We all wonder what happens when we die .Is that it or is there more :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

I think you should leave it as it is. Leaves the reader wondering :)
New Theory

10 Years Ago

Thank you for saying that, it was hurting my head thinking about whether to write or not. Finally I .. read more
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

You are welcome sometimes you just have to let it be :)
The story was told in a very nice way , with the description being near to perfection. The only thing i would like to say is the way it ends , i feel like it would be nice to have a sequel or something like that. Anyways , m new here so no offense meant. Would sure like if you check out my story 'The Second Storey' ... :) :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review. No offense taken, I appreciate you taking time to read my story.read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2014
Last Updated on March 13, 2014

Author

New Theory
New Theory

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
I am a lazy writer, a day dreamer with lots of ideas which take me to a different land often. I often just jot down ideas which I never really work upon. An avid fan of horror, I am one who you ca.. more..

Writing
Accidentally Accidentally

A Chapter by New Theory



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Three Three

A Poem by New Theory


Death Death

A Poem by New Theory