Lucifer

Lucifer

A Story by Nikki Geiser
"

A short character sketch

"

The bell jingled as the plump lady entered the modestly-sized, yet cheery bakery. An attractive young man with dark hair who had been standing behind the counter gazed up at the women for a few seconds with his piercing emerald eyes. He returned his attention back to the magazine he was holding in his large hands, all the while slouching his tall frame against the flour-speckled counter, which had already spotted his maroon apron that bore the name “Hovis Bakery.”

            The woman searched the display for the perfect treat, and after a few seconds, she cleared her throat as to get the attention of the young employee. The unnamed young man glared up at her and then set his magazine down.

            “Can I help you?” he huffed, clearly irritated.

            Confused as to what she had done wrong, the lady retorted, “Yes, I would like a pumpkin donut… and add a coffee, please.”

            “That all?” he responded, with a bored tone and a lazy blink. She nodded her head and gave the young man exact change. He trudged over to the display, withdrew the pumpkin donut, placed it in a crinkly wax bag, and set it on the counter. Next, he snatched a paper cup and filled it to the lip with piping, black coffee from the steaming pot. Placing on the plastic lid, the lad swiveled back to the counter. He handed the hot drink to her left hand; she was already clutching the pastry in her right. The woman glared down at the nametag pinned to his apron and frowned.

            “Thank you…” she paused, “Lucifer.” The young man grinned as she turned and hurried out the door.

            “Come again!” he called after her, smirking and chuckling to himself. 

© 2014 Nikki Geiser


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on August 29, 2014
Last Updated on August 29, 2014
Tags: character sketch, short story, Lucifer, bakery

Author

Nikki Geiser
Nikki Geiser

Holland, OH



About
High School student more..

Writing
Alive Alive

A Story by Nikki Geiser


Winter Winter

A Story by Nikki Geiser