Jennifer Aniston jokes about missing out on Oscar nomination

Jennifer Aniston jokes about missing out on Oscar nomination

A Story by liker
"

Jennifer Aniston jokes about missing out on Oscar nomination as Ellen DeGeneres spoofs her recent topless photo

"

Jennifer Aniston jokes about missing out on Oscar nomination as Ellen DeGeneres spoofs her recent topless photo

Though nominated for a Golden Globe, Critics’ Choice Award, and SAG Award for her performance in Cake, her name was noticeably missing from the list of Oscar nods released Thursday.

However, Jennifer Aniston is making light of things, calling herself the ‘number one snubbed’ during her appearance on Monday’s episode of Ellen.

On the show, the 56-year-old talk show host �" who celebrates her birthday in a week �" also spoofed a recent rather controversial topless photo of the 45-year-old actress.

Ellen commented upon Jennifer’s stellar performance in Cake, which hits theatres on January 23.

‘The Oscar nominations were last week, but I got to say that I am shocked you were not nominated for an Oscar,’ she said.

‘…it actually has to feel good because there are so many people talking about the fact that you didn’t get nominated. That in itself has to be a win for you.’

‘Yeah. I’m the number one snubbed!’ Jennifer remarked. ‘That’s the silver lining!’

Style: yellow bridesmaid dress

She proceeded to recount the film’s storyline: ‘The movie is about a woman choosing to live… in a nutshell.

‘She basically goes through an unimaginable trauma and is in a terrible car accident and has a great personal loss and is also just physically mangled.

‘We meet her in a chronic pain management group. She’s addicted to drugs. She’s addicted to booze. She doesn’t want to live.

‘She can’t make a decision to live or die. This movie is her journey to make the decision to live.’

Ellen also brought up Jennifer’s topless photo in the January issue of Allure magazine, where she is hugging her long-time hairstylist, Chris McMillan.

Chris created Jennifer’s iconic hairstyle, ‘The Rachel,’ when she starred in Friends from 1994 to 2004.

‘I don’t think anything’s weird about it, but a lot of people are going “ooh, you’re topless hugging Chris,”’ Ellen commented.

The Horrible Bosses actress mentioned that many have also questioned her fiancé Justin Theroux about the image.

‘Everyone was like “hey dude, what's up? Why is she hugging a dude naked?” Uh, he’s like a brother to me so the original photograph was supposed to be…’

She paused as the audience laughed.

‘That makes it weirder I think. You just made it worse,’ Ellen said, referring to Jennifer’s comment about Chris being like a brother.

Jennifer fumbled for the appropriate words. ‘Ok, I don’t know how to get out of that,’ she said. ‘I don’t know how to get out of it.

‘Anyway, Chris is like a dear something to me. I don’t know how to explain it, a gay man I can do that with.’

She added: ‘I wouldn’t do that with a girlfriend. I would feel weird doing a photograph like that with a girlfriend.'

‘What are you talking about?’ Ellen exclaimed. ‘The shoot we did was amazing.’

She proceeded to reveal an image of two topless women hugging, with her and Jennifer’s faces photoshopped on.

Finally, Jennifer and Ellen played a game involving throwing cake at a couple audience members’ faces, seeing who could land them with more accuracy.

The two caked girls were then invited to attend Ellen’s birthday show.

Also read: http://www.queeniebridesmaid.co.uk/girls-bridesmaid-dresses

© 2015 liker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
Added on January 20, 2015
Last Updated on January 20, 2015