CH 1 - Welcome To My Life

CH 1 - Welcome To My Life

A Chapter by Nick Dahlburg
"

Hijacking your father's car is a great way to kill time in the summer

"
Present Day 8:00am

              The first thing you need to know is the hatred I feel for the entirety of the world is undieing. My name is Kate Denvey, I am sixteen years of age, and if not for a certain childhood friend of mine my life would've been much less of a chore. As long as I can recall, Derick has always been present to make my s****y life shittier. Even so, I feel as though if not for me hanging around him there would be no lightning rod for his stupidity. He is fun to be around at times, but overall, his being immature is just annoying. "Kate! Could you make breakfast for your brother? I have to get to work" I let out a sigh at the fact that while my mom was gone I would have to look after my hellspawn of a brother, "yeah I'm coming!" I said with my pain clearly showing in my tone. I got up from my messed up bed, looking around my room I realized just how bad it needed to be cleaned, the thought wavered in my head until I remembered I didn't care to be troubled with the task. I left my room and proceeded down the hallway slowly, dreading the fact that I needed to make breakfast for my whiney little s**t of a sibling. My house was fairly big which is surprising since my mom didn't have dear old dad around to be a source of income. I resent my father for leaving my mom but in some ways I'm glad he's gone since he was such a dick. I got to the end of the upstairs corridor and when I made my way downstairs the little s**t was waiting there. The mere sight of him bugged me, having the same shade of hair as him was enough to make me ashamed. "Hey sis! Breakfast, breakfast!" God he's annoying, f*****g shut up. "Yeah, yeah, tell me something I don't know, sit down I'll make some eggs", "but I want grilled cheese", now he's getting on my nerves "you're having EGGS", I looked at him with an expression that said, 'I'll cut you if you complain', he hunched over and stuck his outer lip out in defeat. As I went over to the stove with a pan I took a quick glance outside the window. "Oh no", this was the last thing I needed today, "what is it sis?" My brother asked, "nothing", I replied, "take your food and go play in the livingroom I need to talk with someone". As I walked outside the sight became even more unbelievable. Derick stepped out of his father's car with that weird smile on his face that meant trouble. "What the f**k do you think your doing?" I asked in disbelief that this was happening "you don't even have your licence yet, are you stupid?". Yes, yes he was, "hey, don't act like you don't think this is a cool opportunity". A headache started to manifest as they often do when Derick is around. "A cool opportunity for what? To get arrested? I hope your dad knows you have his car or you're in deep s**t", Derick continued to smile like he was planning something consequential. "No", he said, "we'll both get in trouble", it took me a second to shake off the disbelief. "Excuse me? When the f**k did I become a part of this?" He was surprisingly making less sense than he usually did, "do you remember that time a little while ago where I helped you with cleaning your house? You owe me one, and I need you to step into the car". S**t, why today of all days did he choose to pull me into one of his retarded schemes? I let out a sigh and started towards the house. "Hey, what's up with you? Get back here you owe me one remember?" I continued on but I figured I should at least tell him, "as much as I want to go get myself arrested for stealing your dad's car I can't today, I have to watch my little bro, moms on the day shift". I could tell he was angry by his stupid groan he lets out that almost sounds like growling, "okay then" he said, "take him with us" s**t, can this get ANY worse? I had been sitting in the car with s**t for brains and the little hellspawn who kept whining for a while now, and frankly, I was beyond pissed off, "okay, so where the f**k are you taking us, and why does it involve your father's car?". Derick's eyes darted quickly at the center mirror and seeing my aggravated face caused him to flinch, that's right b***h, "well, first we're meeting up with a buddy of mine, he's gonna fix up the old bird, and then I'm entering me and her into the smash up derby tonight". I gave myself a second or two of silence to collect my thoughts, "... what?" even though he's an idiot I never knew that he would really think something like this up. I watched as he braced himself for the oncoming outburst he knew was going to happen, "what the F**K! IS YOUR BRAIN MADE OF S**T YOU PISSANT? AND WHY DOES THIS INVOLVE ME IN ANY WAY?!". "Well duh" he said as if I knew the answer to everything in his head, "your my back-up driver, if I get hurt, your getting in the car and taking over". I had no response to that, I just didn't have any words harsh enough to describe the searing anger inside me, the only thing I could muster is thinking over and over to myself 'murder is illegal, murder is illegal'. "We're here" he said looking back at me and the hellspawn, "and Kate, don't worry, if I win the derby, I'll have enough money to pay for a new crappy used car for my dad, think of this as a friendly outing" I just nodded to him in return because if I'd moved any other muscle my hands would be around his throat. We all got out of the soon to be wrecked car and greeted Derick's 'buddy', he was a short, fat guy, with the complexion of a dirty Mexican, he had overall shaped tan lines on his body which were only visible because he wasn't wearing a shirt. "Hot one today isn't it Derick? Where'd you find the girl and the kid? She's pretty" he directed a weird smile at me and revealed his teeth, some were missing and the others were brown and yellow, 'disgusting', I thought. Derick spoke a bit to this 'buddy' of his, I payed no attention as I did not have the patience to listen to a talk about car parts and how they could make a car 'safe' for crashing into other cars. "Alright then!" Derick called "let's get this show on the 'road' hah!" 'One more pun and I slit your throat jackass', that's what I want to say, but since I don't want redneck mctanline eyeing me all weird "fine Derick, let's get this over with."

9:30pm

"So let me get this straight", I said suddenly thinking about the preparation for the derby, "you planned to enter the derby with a car you just fixed up today? Doesn't a derby car take two or three weeks to fix up completely?" Derick and the tan guy looked at each other then back at me like I had three heads or something. Derick took a minute to think up something believeable, the stupified look on his face told me he didn't know what the hell he was doing, "we" he paused "made some modifications that should, uh, hold up?" Wonderful. He searched my face for a bit as if he was waiting for me to say something, "are you actually worried about me?" What is he thinking now? Well, no point in lying, "I'm concerned about myself, I'm your 'backup driver' remember? I would care but if I said this was a bad idea you'd just brush me off, so if YOU get hurt, that's on you not me". After hearing that he kind of just scowled and walked away, "it's almost ready now" he said, "if you're not gonna expect those answers don't ask me questions" I said back, he stared at me with his face still twisted into a frown, I made him mad, fun, "what happened to your heart?" Oh please, is this actually happening? "None of your f*****g business that's what, now shut up and let's go already". We all got in the tan guy's truck and the derby car was loaded in the back, my mom was well off work by now, 'great, I'm fucked' I thought. All of a sudden I heard my cellphone
ring, I knew exactly who was on the other end so I didn't even bother checking. We'd been driving for a while, and at this point we were almost to the derby grounds, I was already in trouble so I decided I wasn't going to fight it anymore. I would get to see Derick kill himself crashing a s****y car, so at least I would get some enjoyment out of this. Although for some reason I feel a little nervous about him getting in that car, I don't even know why but it's probably just the kid in me, why would I care anymore? It's Derick, that idiot is a lost cause. We unloaded the car from Derick's friend's truck, I still couldn't believe that they were stupid enough to wait until today to fix it up, hell I still can't believe Derick is doing this at all NOR why he pulled me into it. Derick pulled out a motorcross helmet from the truck with the number 69 spraypainted on the sides of it, how mature, "the fact that you're wearing that helmet is truely ironic" I said to Derick, "why?" He answered, "because it's crappy humor?" How stupid can a person be? "Because you'll never get laid", I explained. Derick's friend broke out in a fit of laughter that could make an airplane engine sound like a bumble bee, and I instantly regetted saying anything as he was most likely heard throughout the entire lot. "Calm the f**k down!", I yelled, my brother walked up and stared at me like a lost puppy, oblivious to my anger, "when are we going home?", he asked. I didn't know what to say to him, for all I knew this whole scheme could land me in a jail cell or something, so I just said, "shut the f**k up and enjoy the derby".


© 2017 Nick Dahlburg


Author's Note

Nick Dahlburg
In case you can't tell. This chapter has yet to be finished, but I'm starting the book off in present day with some really stupid, pointless shit. Because that's what this book is, stupid and pointless. Note that Derick is a year older than Kate, I want it to be like this for some reason, if you want that changed I don't have a problem with that as long as you bring your friends. Remember, I don't make insignificant changes unless it's a majority decision. (P.S. blah blah blah I didn't want the swear words to be censored but guess what, the site is literally ass and censors all my shit, oh well.) Another update: currently doing final tests, don't expect updates for the next three days. Not that there's been much progress regardless.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

425 Views
Added on April 17, 2016
Last Updated on May 15, 2017


Author

Nick Dahlburg
Nick Dahlburg

London, Ontario, Canada



About
I don't have much or ever have had much to say about myself. I find enjoyment in making offensive jokes, I'm not much of a writer but I enjoy literature and hope to get some fulfillment out of possibl.. more..

Writing